These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

September 8th patch, what's new

First post
Author
Noriko Mai
#41 - 2011-11-09 04:06:37 UTC
Behind the door: Fire in Station is new, too. Smile

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Insane Randomness
Stellar Pilgrimage
#42 - 2011-11-09 06:02:50 UTC
Keras Authion wrote:
Shots that actually miss. Picture.

ok, thats sick...
Liu Ellens
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2011-11-09 06:13:25 UTC
bornaa wrote:
For other ships can you make hit/miss animations random???
so that all shots don't visually hit...

i know that client don't know did that guy actually hit that other guy or did it miss... that's why i am suggesting this...

That would be awesome: Imagine a large, nerve wrecking battle, no side seems to take control but both are struggling. Finally, you see your salvation entering the field - a Titan, the ultimate answer for that Carrier that has been your main concern for the last 15 minutes. Fleet com is silent and the battle seems to halt for a few seconds as it charges up - your eyes widen Shocked...

...and your client deems it random enough to have it shoot past the Carrier (yet it still explodes).
That's a money shot ranking high in disappointment. Ugh

Disclaimer: I have never participated in such a fight and actual fleet combinations might vary - But you get the idea :)

Well, they oughta know what to do with them hogs out there for shure.

Jerick Ludhowe
Internet Tuff Guys
#44 - 2011-11-09 06:16:27 UTC

The speed of the animated projectile being fired from one ship to another is based on the range between the two ships. The farther the ship is away, the faster the projectile seems to move and Vice versa for hits at close range. This is very obvious when ships are missing and hitting each other at close ranges.

Miriiah
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2011-11-09 06:34:47 UTC
Jerick Ludhowe wrote:

The speed of the animated projectile being fired from one ship to another is based on the range between the two ships. The farther the ship is away, the faster the projectile seems to move and Vice versa for hits at close range. This is very obvious when ships are missing and hitting each other at close ranges.

Thougt about this aswell yesterday, is this gonna be adressed in some way or form? will probably look pretty silly if blasters miss you at v.close range, how far will the shots travel before disappearing ?
Clanden
High Voltage Industries
#46 - 2011-11-09 07:26:45 UTC
So if they can miss visually now, how about hits being placed randomly on the ship instead of perfect mathematical center?
Banechild
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#47 - 2011-11-09 08:17:09 UTC
Clanden wrote:
So if they can miss visually now, how about hits being placed randomly on the ship instead of perfect mathematical center?

That would require a lot more work I think, but would be nice to have different hit boxes around the ship.
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris
#48 - 2011-11-09 08:44:18 UTC
CCP Choloepus wrote:

Got it in one, this feature is only using information that is currently to hand on the client.

As to the second point, faking the accuracy of other ships is something we'd really like to do eventually, but I'm afraid it's not going to be in the winter expansion.

I'll make a note of the camera anchor point and watchlist, if not for winter then for later! I'd have to check exactly what updates these objects get under fire.

That is awesome! So the only thing we need to do to make more ships visually miss is send the client the info. If they already receive it through watch lists and targeting or other sources it wouldn't even put an extra strain on the server since the info is already being sent!

Perhaps in the future it might be possible to adapt the server/client to send the info on all the ships that are in your field of view...providing there is an option to turn it off. Although how much data exactly has to be sent to the client, is it a complicated message or just a basic 0 or 1 kinda deal? Anway awesome start to an awesome feature!

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Mungo Lloyd
Doomheim
#49 - 2011-11-09 10:50:18 UTC
This change is definitely very awesome!!

Is it be possible to make a distinction between hit qualities as well? So miss is miss, and a wrecking hit has extra chunky debris flying around or bigger explosions. If it's not yet possible, then it would be very nice if it could be implemented. This would make reading the battle much more intuitive.
Kajdil
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#50 - 2011-11-09 11:26:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Kajdil
Since this patch, right click buton over a market order and contextual station menu when you are in space are not working. This one in overview, space, station icon on space or directly over the station. Nothing.

Anyone else noticed that?

Edit: Forget that, only happens in l-6be1 (querious) that is ccp doomsday testing hq alliance owned
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#51 - 2011-11-09 11:29:28 UTC
Banechild wrote:
Clanden wrote:

That would require a lot more work I think, but would be nice to have different hit boxes around the ship.

Turret weapons already have multiple points on each model they can strike. It's only missiles that hit the exact centre.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Raven Ether
Doomheim
#52 - 2011-11-09 12:08:09 UTC
Can someone repost the image everyone is going nuts about? The link is dead.
Arrowyx
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2011-11-09 12:14:30 UTC
Raven Ether wrote:
Can someone repost the image everyone is going nuts about? The link is dead.

Not the same pic but rather one of my own that shows the effect in question:
http://i43.tinypic.com/fe2yhw.png
bornaa
GRiD.
#54 - 2011-11-09 14:03:52 UTC
Noriko Mai wrote:
Behind the door: Fire in Station is new, too. Smile

Shocked What is thatQuestionQuestionQuestion

what is burning and why???
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#55 - 2011-11-09 14:14:45 UTC
can anyone verify that grouped weapons miss individually? Or is it all or nothing?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

DeadNite
SecTor 8E
#56 - 2011-11-09 14:20:32 UTC
I have also noticed that you can use the "Jump" feature on the overview without being at a stargate. If you select a stargate in the overview and choose jump your ship will warp to the stargate and then jump automatically. I noticed this last night and not sure if anyone mentioned it. Pretty nifty yet dangerous for the fail jumpers among us :)
Raid'En
#57 - 2011-11-09 14:40:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Raid'En
autopilot warping to jita 4-4
autopilot docking

o_O
oh my god, my hauler will be pleased

edit : got a big improvement on my CQ FPS also, compared to TQ
Untelo1
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2011-11-09 15:20:48 UTC
Hey thats pretty cool. But on the subject of turret effects, could you change shooting at a shielded POS, so that you actually hit where the line drawn between your ship and the tower intersects the shield? We are shooting at the shield after all.
bornaa
GRiD.
#59 - 2011-11-09 15:32:14 UTC  |  Edited by: bornaa
Idea IDEA: Idea
client allready have data from server is it missed, perfect shot, light shot, scratch...
why not use that... perfect shots shot where it shot now (in middle of the ship) all other have some offset by the data given.. so it hits a little up/down/left/right from center... that way we visually have few groups of offsets and not all shots hit in perfect middle of the ship when it hits... Big smile
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#60 - 2011-11-09 15:34:08 UTC
Untelo1 wrote:
Hey thats pretty cool. But on the subject of turret effects, could you change shooting at a shielded POS, so that you actually hit where the line drawn between your ship and the tower intersects the shield? We are shooting at the shield after all.

PLEASE THIS

To make it work, but still have the ships and modules actually in the shield, it should work like:

- POS is in shield : weapons contact on the shield edge
- POS is in armour / structure : shield is still up, but "flickering" (or similar) which essentially means ships can't pass through, but at this point weapons visually impact the tower itself.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,