These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Future advice for Bounties !

Author
Eve Hawkins
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-07-10 15:12:32 UTC
In my opinion the bounty system is "forgive me my words" a sick ******* system !

Most because everyone can give everyone a Bounty without any reason what makes
no sense. The amount you can set the bounty is ridiculous, what does it mean to player
if they give 100 Isk bounty to people without any reason ? I dont know and sadly you cant
view what sick child give it you. No normal mature will do such thing only when his/her live
is **** or whatever. There is no really casual way to get rid of the bounty except you let
someone kill you and the fact that you can get it without any reason is extremely stupid.

Thats more like ganking instead of a respected system to mark traitors and bad people !

So hopefully future changes would come anytime like the follow:

*A way to pay the Bounty with Isk (that would make things much easier and clear low amounts of bounty)
*A way to see who gives you bounties (for many reason, to ask why, to go in rage and kill such people, are a few)
*A limit for the minimum amount for bounties of 10 Million Isk or higher (that would surely stop this stupid bounty ganking)

*The last way, what surely never be happens because it clears elements out of the game, a change that bounties can
only be set on different instances like if you get shot you have the right to set a bounty for example but thats to much.

You have developed an awesome game but the game is out now for many years and such important things
should work like a respected horable system to mark bad people and dont harm good and brave people for only
beeing tired !

Thanks for your understanding !
Boom Boom Longtime
EVE Corporation 6908469858
Heroes and Villains.
#2 - 2013-07-10 15:29:11 UTC
LOL

Concord Approved Trader

Kimo Khan
Rage Against All Reds
GunFam
#3 - 2013-07-10 15:29:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Kimo Khan
How do you know a bounty is without reason?

If I set a bounty on a person for 100,000 I can see if they PVP or not by how fast they remove it. If it takes forever to remove it I know this person is not a PVP player and a much easier target. This falls under item 2 below.

Here are 2 views to a bounty. I am sure there are more.
1 Criminal bounty placed by law abiding citizens who want someone to pay for their crime.
2 Hit bounty placed by a criminal to have a hit contract placed on someone for not paying their due or whatever the criminal feels they are owed by this person.

Bounty does not give kill rights or engagement rights. Kill right system is more in line with what you are asking and you can set a "bounty" on that.

EDIT: Also in regards to not seeing who gave it to you. I don't seem to recall any wanted posters in the old wild west which listed who would pay the bounty, probably because said person did not want the criminal going after them for posting the bounty. Same idea applies here.
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#4 - 2013-07-10 15:50:20 UTC
You get a notification when someone places a bounty on you. It has the name of the person who put it on you in it. I have received many terrible standing notifications because this notification exists.

Otherwise, no, get out. Head on over to Features & Ideas Discussion, where your post is more appropriate.

Bounties cannot hurt you.

More "horable" system is not needed. It is "horable" enough.

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2013-07-10 15:51:37 UTC
Anyone with an over-under on how high that bounty tops out at following this post?
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#6 - 2013-07-10 15:59:09 UTC
Wow.

Guess OP really would have hated the old bounty system.

Roll

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-07-10 18:05:55 UTC
Posting in a stealth "Please put a bounty on me so i look elite" thread. Roger that one bounty on OP coming up.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2013-07-10 21:37:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcolm Shinhwa
Bounties as implemented are stupid and pointless, especially on any hisec resident. I recently rewatched the Retribution trailer and laughted out loud at poor Vic. He has a bounty on his head and now everyone is out to get him. Except no one is out to get him. If he is in hisec, no one can touch him unless he gets a criminal or suspect flag. And if he gets those people would shoot him anyway. You could wardec his corp for 50mil only to watch him drop corp to an NPC corp. And even if you get him and he has a 100,000,000 isk bounty if you popped him in that Cruiser you'll only get a small fraction of that which wouldn't even cover the wardec cost. The only way to get Vic is to make friends wth him, join his corp, and wait for him to run an Incursion in a blingy ship. Then you'd finally get paid. But you'd probably get paid more by selling the loot from his Machariel then the bounty.

So Vic is safe in hisec. What about lowsec? Will he be hunted for his bounty there? Sadly no. Because the payouts are so bad it isn't worth it. And besides, its lowsec, if someone thought they could kill Vic, even if he didn't have a bounty, they would because why not? So Vic is dead in lowsec, but only because he went to lowsec.

Vic heads off to nullsec.. same diff as lowsec. You can hunt him for his bounty, but it willl only pay out if he is in an expensive ship. And poor Vic, its nullsec, people will shoot him anyway because why not?

I can't think of a way to fix bounties, I hope someone can. But right now they serve no purpose.

EDIT: Oh wait, the do serve one purpose.. making carebears freak out that they have a bounty. That is pretty cool. So don't tell them what I just wrote.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#9 - 2013-07-11 06:09:08 UTC

Remember there's one other purpose. My satisfied clients tip my bounty. I ask for 10% from those who receive a billion or more. Not everyone gives, but as you can see from my bounty, I have lots of satisfied clients.

And thanks to the bounty rules, I can freely fly around!

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#10 - 2013-07-11 06:44:27 UTC
Erotica, I believe the OP here was asking for a billion ISK bounty. Is that what you heard them say?

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#11 - 2013-07-11 07:03:41 UTC
Well I'll chip in 100m...

OP, bounties are pretty much pointless unless you are criminal/suspect or have kill rights on you. From your post I very much doubt this is the case.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#12 - 2013-07-11 07:03:48 UTC
It is a shame that bounty ticker doesn't show on the forum avatar. If it did we could watch it rise in real time and parse a isk/hr of the thread's life. Might provide the next great eve bet to hedge ;)
Don Purple
Snuggle Society
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2013-07-11 08:25:54 UTC
well.. lol

I am just here to snuggle and do spy stuff.

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#14 - 2013-07-14 08:42:19 UTC
Bounty inbound!