These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

How Dumb are you? What are your stupid moments?

First post
Author
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#21 - 2013-07-10 09:34:16 UTC
I managed to get my covops decloaked popped and got podded. In highsec during a war. Wasn't paying attention. Really, a comatose had more situational awareness than me at that event. That's about the peak of stupid I have reached in EVE. Embarrassing really.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-07-10 09:37:37 UTC
1. Tired.
2. Log off.
3. Come back 8hrs later to find I'm still logged in, in space, and still alive where I was at...at a gate.

Folks must've thought I was a gatecamper.Lol

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Ashley Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2013-07-10 09:39:59 UTC
The other day I was flying in my carrier in nullsec using sentry drones to do anoms I aligned as I normally do to the POS so that if a neut comes into system I can warp to safely pretty quickly. A few min later I realized that I didn't stop after aligning and that I was over 20km away from my sentries. As my drones were now being attacked I decided that the best course of action was to dock up get a FAST ship to run in there and grab all of my sentries. So I quickly grab my newly fitted Executioner with tech 2 weapons and rigs and rushed back out to the anom. Completely forgetting the fact that there were still TONS of battleships still on the field...Couldn't warp away fast enough... It wasn't until later when I actually warped back in with my carrier to pick them back up that I realized that even if I wasn't being attacked I wouldn't have had enough cargospace to hold them all anyways.

Never even got to tackle anyone in that fine ship...
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#24 - 2013-07-10 09:43:53 UTC
I gave CCP my credit card number Oops

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Intar Medris
KarmaFleet University
#25 - 2013-07-10 10:50:20 UTC
Week old nooblet got tired of the cans clogging up my overview. So I shot one. That is the day I learned of Concord.

I try to be nice and mind my business just shooting lasers at rocks. There is just way too many asshats in New Eden for that to happen.

GM Spiral
Game Master Retirement Home
#26 - 2013-07-10 11:09:57 UTC
Reimbursed a ferox by accidentally placing it into a shuttle the recipient was piloting at the time instead of a station hangar. Straight

He got stuck. Ugh

While trying to run a camped gate. Shocked

Took a bit to fix that... Cry

At least the loot can was interesting. P
(had to remove it though)

Senior Game Master | CCP Games Customer Support Team

Helping capsuleers since 2004.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#27 - 2013-07-10 11:13:31 UTC
GM Spiral wrote:
Reimbursed a ferox by accidentally placing it into a shuttle the recipient was piloting at the time instead of a station hangar. Straight

He got stuck. Ugh

While trying to run a camped gate. Shocked

Took a bit to fix that... Cry

At least the loot can was interesting. P
(had to remove it though)

TIL that shuttles are in fact the TARDIS

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#28 - 2013-07-10 11:21:05 UTC
How dumb: enough to post on GD, I admit the general cultural level is so high I feel really bad Lol

Stupid moments: when I waste my time posting on spaceship forums, but I want for my bucks so in between TiDi and stupid posting you know what.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Anna Djan
Banana Corp
#29 - 2013-07-10 11:24:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Anna Djan
When I first tried eve in 2005/6 I had no clue. Knew nothing of ship fittings, so I got my rookie ship, mined some trit, shot some rookie rates and made myself 10k.

I was so happy, I saw this ship only 7k, really good speed... looked pretty cool.

So i bought it....

Who knew Gallente shuttles couldn't fit guns?
Gruxella
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-07-10 11:26:25 UTC
hmm.. jump cloned in the wrong station and replaced my first high grade slave set clone with a +3 clone...

Thought I was scamming someone while selling my rattlesnake via trade only to be scammed myself...

jumped to the wrong cyno in the nyx... (ended up working out but oops...)

All good fun.
AlphaOperative Altren
Alternative Rendition
#31 - 2013-07-10 11:33:26 UTC
Around 2 weeks ago i sold a Mackinaw for 194,000isk. Doh!

Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough. ― Richard P. Feynman

Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2013-07-10 11:37:39 UTC
Best so far:
Request mission -> set destination -> check cargohold -> "missiles/ammo all good!" -> undock -> check drone ui -> "wrong drones" -> spam dock -> change drones -> undock -> fly to destination system -> "why there's no agent locations listed?" -> *facepalm*

Lesson:
Don't think about other things when you're doing missions.

I also keep flying through systems that aren't on my autopilot route.
Fenix Caderu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-07-10 12:10:58 UTC
Was used to flying Gallente ships for a long time. Maybe a year or more. Decided to try a Hookbill with a T2 light missile setup one night after coming home from a night out...somewhat drunk.

After a long time searching for targets and running plexes in FW, a Firetail finally warps into my plex.

I spent so much time waiting that I over-reacted and the "Gallente instincts" kicked in. Did I mention I was drunk? And I hate losing a tackle, so if a web is fit I get really tempted to use it.

Point, max speed, approach, web....*****!

I was warp scrambled, MWD disabled. Pretty much any turret out there could now track me. I could just sit there, dead in the water, watching the Firetail burn into his optimal and....pop goes the Hookbill. Oops, I was in a Hookbill, not a Gal ship with blasters...why did I hit approach?? OH THERE'S THE ORBIT BUTTON!

Got another beer.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#34 - 2013-07-10 12:13:35 UTC
Did a lowsec roam.

Forgot to set my route planner back to "prefer safest" afterward.

Drove an Iteron right through Amamake. (back when it was perma camped)

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Lipbite
Express Hauler
#35 - 2013-07-10 12:57:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Lipbite
Transported PLEX from Dodi to Jita in a shuttle. Because "high security".

(succeed, understood it was stupid ~1 year later)
Echo Echoplex
#36 - 2013-07-10 13:03:23 UTC
The morning after the 4th of July I made the mistake of logging in while pitifully, horribly, unbelievably hungover. The kind of hungover where I desperately needed to drink some water but I knew if I did I'd either hurl or spill it because my hands were shaking so bad. I logged and the UI was actually sort of quivering. I accepted a mission, undocked, flew to the wrong constellation looking for rats to shoot for almost an hour, found none, flew some 8 or 9 jumps back, stared blankly at the mission info for another ten minutes, realized where I was supposed to have gone, flew there, looked for something to shoot, found a rat and locked on and then what??? Where are my missiles? I then realized I'd been in a stripped boat the entire time.
Lol It was definitely a "special needs" day for me. the best advice I can give a fellow newb is: DON'T play after a night of margaritas, beer, wine and bourbon shots.

Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets. Gen. George S. Patton

Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#37 - 2013-07-10 14:30:49 UTC
I'm really bad about podding myself to get to a combat zone, jumping in a ship, and getting blown up & taking the pod express, then realizing I never updated my clone.

Recently I've bought a Rokh, fully fitted it, bought insurance....then turned around 5 minutes later and traded it to a friend so it can get moved to a deployment zone....all planned. I've also put insurance on little nagas and tornados and let my friends borrow them.

But my favorite is, and knowing I dabbled in faction warfare for months is key, is trying to do a bomb run on a razor tornado gang in Karan. Decloaking 30 k away, I began furiously spamming the launch button and angrily telling Aura to shut up....trying to disable safeties and after 5-10 seconds I had a large portion of the gang lock me up and redbox me. Thankfully they appeared to be sniper fit so I was relatively safe, even if they did have a huginn and malediction with them.....so I warped off.

Then in the aftermath I replayed what Aura was trying to tell me in my head and I realized you must not be allowed to launch bombs in low sec. X

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Plastic Psycho
Necro-Economics
#38 - 2013-07-10 14:37:14 UTC
Using a lab deep in NPC Nul, transporting heavily-researched BPOs in an SB, 3am, dead tired and falling asleep. Woke up at a gate, still in my pod, my killers giggling in local - they'd figured out I was asleep, and were having a game of soccer (football) with my pod.

They were so entertained they even let me escape, tail firmly betwixt legs.
Alaric Faelen
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-07-10 16:04:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Alaric Faelen
Lost my very first Stealth Bomber in a perfectly executed attack...in a high sec system I failed to notice I had entered during a low sec roam. Had my D-Scan covering my system info on the screen, so imagine my surprise to find a miner in a belt in what I thought was still low sec. Imagine his surprise when a lone Hound decloaked, locked him, fired one salvo before Concord blew it to smithereens. Shocked That guy is probably still laughing.

In my hurry to brawl during a Frig Fry in Anamake, I forgot that clones need updating after being podded.

I've fleet warped my whole gang out of a losing fight, right to a station, where the guns finished the job our enemy didn't.

Several times I've tried to warp to the sun to escape a fight, only to wonder why I wasn't engaging warp...because I was already fighting at the sun........

Got lazy (or just cocky) and tried to move a bunch of faction ammo and T2 modules in a regular PvP-fit destroyer. Hadn't seen a gate camp in a month, right until I had a cargo hold full of stuff- then of course I found two. I dodged one............

Lost my very first battleship, a Raven, in it's second ever L4 mission being lazy with drones and losing mine before the last scram frig was down.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#40 - 2013-07-10 16:22:25 UTC
I have been walking in CQ in circles, mindless activity as there can be one, but somewhat fun, just try to not go outside the marked circle.
Previous page123Next page