These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Petition - Skill Reimbursement - Battlecrusers & Destroyers for all players Sign up the Peti

First post
Author
Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#61 - 2013-07-10 12:11:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobias Hareka
Gizmo Karkhand wrote:
well if i missed it i missed it just pissed cause you guys dont know the fealing about comming home after a long time and see that what you want to tran for now has become 120 days remove the dystroyers just a crappy fealing that wtf soo mcuh time just not right and thanks for you guys calling me names just crazy whats the problem with you guys comming in for the benifit for every one that has missed out like me trust me if you like a game it dosnt matter if you dont play it for a while but major changes must be informeed to people thats what i am saying i think its ccps fault that they didnt give out a red warning that guys the skill chain is transforming into a long skill thats what i am saying down here and thanks for all the offences but it dont take it serious i just want to say one thing it dosnt matter the way every game works in skill points stays the same mostly in every game.

and if you do major updates its important to say to people that were in game but because of real life issues had to get off the pc and go for some crazy **** thats all
just dissipointed that you guys dont understand that its not only about me its about people that play this game and what to do amarr is **** and ya the chance i had to cross train mostly has gone its better i tran for larger ships then BC thats what has become here is just not right trust me on this i am right you would get pissed in my the same position that i am in atm

You were active in March 2012? According to your employment history you were active.
There was one devblog that mentioned skill change. Of course they didn't say how they are going to do it but everyone got the same idea: "it's time to train Destroyers 5 + Battlecruisers 5 + all racial frigate skills to 4 and cruiser skills to 3".
Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#62 - 2013-07-10 12:19:11 UTC
Gizmo Karkhand wrote:
...and if you do major updates its important to say to people that were in game but because of real life issues had to get off the pc and go for some crazy **** thats all
just dissipointed that you guys dont understand...
I am understanding less and less.

If CCP had sent a member of their team to inform you in person... what could you have done? You said you had no access to a computer.

Gizmo Karkhand
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#63 - 2013-07-10 12:19:32 UTC
Tobias Hareka wrote:
Gizmo Karkhand wrote:
well if i missed it i missed it just pissed cause you guys dont know the fealing about comming home after a long time and see that what you want to tran for now has become 120 days remove the dystroyers just a crappy fealing that wtf soo mcuh time just not right and thanks for you guys calling me names just crazy whats the problem with you guys comming in for the benifit for every one that has missed out like me trust me if you like a game it dosnt matter if you dont play it for a while but major changes must be informeed to people thats what i am saying i think its ccps fault that they didnt give out a red warning that guys the skill chain is transforming into a long skill thats what i am saying down here and thanks for all the offences but it dont take it serious i just want to say one thing it dosnt matter the way every game works in skill points stays the same mostly in every game.

and if you do major updates its important to say to people that were in game but because of real life issues had to get off the pc and go for some crazy **** thats all
just dissipointed that you guys dont understand that its not only about me its about people that play this game and what to do amarr is **** and ya the chance i had to cross train mostly has gone its better i tran for larger ships then BC thats what has become here is just not right trust me on this i am right you would get pissed in my the same position that i am in atm

You were active in March 2012? According to your employment history you were active.
There was one devblog that mentioned skill change. Of course they didn't say how they are going to do it but everyone got the same idea: "it's time to train Destroyers 5 + Battlecruisers 5 + all racial frigate skills to 4 and cruiser skills to 3".

well telling your mom to set skill training que is somthing else then looking out in game for updates yourself right
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#64 - 2013-07-10 12:29:48 UTC
Gizmo Karkhand wrote:
well if i missed it i missed it just pissed cause you guys dont know the fealing about comming home after a long time and see that what you want to tran for now has become 120 days remove the dystroyers just a crappy fealing that wtf soo mcuh time just not right

I was out of EvE for years, and all that time didn't get free catch up time. That's the breaks in gaming. Leave and there's a lot of catching up to do.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#65 - 2013-07-10 12:31:00 UTC
Gizmo Karkhand wrote:
...well telling your mom to set skill training que is somthing else then looking out in game for updates yourself right
How many skill points do you have?
Paul Leonard Kersey
Doomheim
#66 - 2013-07-10 12:42:42 UTC
Stop whining.

It was posted for almost a year.

You can still fly every ship you could before, stop begging for free sp.
Bi-Mi Lansatha
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2013-07-10 12:43:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Bi-Mi Lansatha
You had no access to the internet? I am told it lags and is not usable for gaming, but...

Steelheads Rev Up Internet Cafes in Afghanistan

Dean Barsaleau Mar 11, 2013 5:21 PM
The military has been fielding Internet cafes to support the Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) needs for the troops in Afghanistan since 2007. From a modest beginning of less than a dozen cafes back then, the project has now grown to over 360 active sites in Jan 2011. The Internet cafes employ an iDirect satellite modem, a Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT), and the associated network devices. The cafes come in three sizes (Large, Medium, and Outpost) with 5-20 computers, 3-10 VoIP phones, and 1-3 webcams per cafe.

Unfortunately, there is a significant shortage of space capacity available for MWR purposes over Afghanistan. In response, the project team had to look for other ways to make better use of the bandwidth available. Riverbed Steelhead 250M and 250H devices were selected for the remote cafes, with two 2050 devices at each Teleport. Deployment of the Steelheads began in January 2010 and today over 75% of the Afghanistan Internet cafes include a Steelhead. Total traffic reduction has increased from 232 GB/month in Jan 2011 to over 13.5 TB/month today. Overall, the addition of Steelheads to the Afghanistan Internet cafe architecture has reduced the amount of traffic going over the satellite links by over 66 TB! Wow!

These bandwidth savings result in a much improved user experience for our deployed troops, who rely on the MWR Internet cafes to keep in touch with family and friends. The project team has since replaced the two 2050 devices at the Teleports with a single 6050 to handle the increasing number of TCP sessions, and those appliances, like their 2050 predecessors, have not missed a beat. Steelhead has been a great success story for the MWR Internet cafes in Afghanistan.

Dean Barsaleau
OEF Internet Cafe Program Manager

Sniperhill Internet Services, LLC or Sniperhill is an American commercial Internet service provider (ISP) that operates on US and NATO Bases in Iraq and Afghanistan. It provides wired and wireless commercial Internet access to US and Coalition Armed Forces, direct-hire DOD, Department of the Army (DA) and State Department civilians, and authorized civilian contractors and International businesses participating in Operation New Dawn (OND) and Operation Enduring Freedom (OEF).
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#68 - 2013-07-10 12:51:03 UTC
Bi-Mi Lansatha wrote:
You had no access to the internet? I am told it lags and is not usable for gaming, but...

They can still play from Afghanistan. A guildie in EQII was an civilian contractor out there (retired military), and was raiding in EQII. The problem was more the downtimes, than not being able to play itself.

Life for a soldier has long since changed from WWII, Korea and even Vietnam. They have m-a-n-y of the amenities of home life out in the sticks these days, including live internet (beats trying to send 8mm and cassette tapes back to our fathers in Vietnam).

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

MastaKari
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2013-07-10 12:52:58 UTC  |  Edited by: MastaKari
Gizmo Karkhand wrote:

well telling your mom to set skill training que is somthing else then looking out in game for updates yourself right

so you also told your "Mom" to move corps as well.... riiiiight.....

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/9129 -06.03.2012 19:21

Relentless Force [R.FC.] from 2013.05.31 16:44 to 2013.06.29 16:39.
Viziam [VI] from 2013.05.31 15:39 to 2013.05.31 16:44.
Hawk-Tech LTD [HTLTD] from 2012.06.03 01:33 to 2013.05.31 15:39.
Viziam [VI] from 2012.06.03 01:26 to 2012.06.03 01:33.
Aces 'N' Eights [AAA88] from 2012.05.25 22:24 to 2012.06.03 01:26.
Viziam [VI] from 2012.05.25 22:15 to 2012.05.25 22:24.
Hawk-Tech LTD [HTLTD] from 2012.04.07 14:14 to 2012.05.25 22:15.
Viziam [VI] from 2012.04.07 14:09 to 2012.04.07 14:14.

stop bull****ing to get free stuff. CCP gave you plenty of time and sent out enough info about the change WHEN YOU WERE PLAYING. not their fault you missed it.
CCP Falcon
#70 - 2013-07-10 12:58:10 UTC

The changes that were introduced were communicated well ahead of time in line with our policy on pre-expansion blogging regarding what will be changing.

The changes were communicated in devblogs, and via various other channels.

Locked as a rant.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3