These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP Games Announces Former EA Executive Sean Decker as Senior Vice President

First post First post First post
Author
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#841 - 2013-07-09 17:54:04 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
CCP, you dont rescue or enrich games by recruting marketing scumbags to come up with new ways to milk the player base and try to convince gamers that they should come here, what you wanna do is engage in creative and quality production to make your games outstand the competition.
Verunae Caseti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#842 - 2013-07-09 18:50:45 UTC
Dude, the last page and a half of this thread is just you talking to yourself. Shut up and let it die?
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#843 - 2013-07-09 18:53:15 UTC
Verunae Caseti wrote:
Dude, the last page and a half of this thread is just you talking to yourself. Shut up and let it die?

nor do you use forum alts like this to tell ppl to shut up :D lol
Verunae Caseti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#844 - 2013-07-09 18:55:30 UTC
Sorry, Sherlock. Not an alt.
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#845 - 2013-07-09 19:00:48 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Verunae Caseti wrote:

yeah right... thats what they all say
Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#846 - 2013-07-10 02:42:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Inokuma Yawara
I vote to change the name of this thread to "raven666wings ranting at himself thread". All in favor?

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#847 - 2013-07-10 03:06:49 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
CCP, you dont rescue or enrich games by recruting marketing scumbags to come up with new ways to milk the player base and try to convince gamers that they should come here, what you wanna do is engage in creative and quality production to make your games outstand the competition.

And how do you think that's possible?

By importing the know how. There's only 2 game companies at the top. It would either be EA or Activision-Blizzard.

From seeing how folks here hate WoW so much, the alternative is EA................

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#848 - 2013-07-10 03:57:41 UTC
Onyx Nyx
The Veldspar Protectorate
#849 - 2013-07-10 06:09:55 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
Verunae Caseti wrote:

yeah right... thats what they all say

So you must be the alt of Ace Uoweme, who plays Guild Wars 2 instead of WoW?

I kill kittens, and puppies and bunnies. I maim toddlers and teens and then more.

• Richard (http://www.lfgcomic.com/)
raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#850 - 2013-07-10 06:37:06 UTC
Onyx Nyx wrote:

No sorry i quit, now i play only Spaceship Barbie Online
Onyx Nyx
#851 - 2013-07-10 06:55:12 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
Onyx Nyx wrote:

No sorry i quit, now i play only Spaceship Barbie Online

Must be very boring. You should try that Internet Spaceships.

I kill kittens, and puppies and bunnies. I maim toddlers and teens and then more.

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#852 - 2013-07-10 07:26:29 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Onyx Nyx wrote:

Yes i fly in one of those with my 500 Kens flirting me omg its so funn... i sometimes get a little wet in my sandbox
Onyx Nyx
#853 - 2013-07-10 08:27:11 UTC
raven666wings wrote:
Onyx Nyx wrote:

Yes i fly in one of those with my 500 Kens flirting me omg its so funn... i sometimes get a little wet in my sandbox

You are trying too hard.

Anna Djan
Banana Corp
#854 - 2013-07-10 11:00:30 UTC
ISD's please kill this topic. It's gone on long enough :)
Fairren
HellrisCorp
#855 - 2013-07-10 11:08:25 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
raven666wings wrote:

And how do you think that's possible?

By importing the know how. There's only 2 game companies at the top. It would either be EA or Activision-Blizzard.

From seeing how folks here hate WoW so much, the alternative is EA................

Yeah, CCP recruited someone from EA to learn to produce a "creative and quality production."

In other news, I'm going to get a sea turtle to teach me to fly.

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#856 - 2013-07-10 11:15:58 UTC
CCP has a great product. They want to hire someone who knows how to make money. They don't need someone showing them how to develop a game. They need someone to help them bring in more cash. That's why they hired him. The fear is that he might make CCP into a mini EA.

It's up to them to show him that's not the path they want to take - if that's not the path they want to take, that is.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#857 - 2013-07-10 13:09:59 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:

From seeing how folks here hate WoW so much

I don't hate WoW
I think the lore & history for that game is amazing

I used to play it, then I stopped as it's not really my type of game
I have friends that still play it, so i 've seen how its changed over the years
changes that i think have been for the worse

anyhow, back to OP topic

im a little confused as to what all the fortune telling 'visions of doom' are based on
i'd like to see the links provided to official ccp statements that say they will now be selling 'golden ammo' for $50 per 5k stack
provide the links that back your ranting claims, or remove them as baseless hyperbole

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#858 - 2013-07-10 13:56:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Uoweme
Fairren wrote:
Yeah, CCP recruited someone from EA to learn to produce a "creative and quality production."

Think you can do better? Know how to operate a gaming company at the AAA level? Know how to market products? Know how to recruit talent, when the market is also trying to recruit the same talent (with better compensation packages even? Ever wonder why these game companies protect their art department? They don't want to lose them to the competition. Much more difficult to find good artists and animators -- that would work for a corporation -- that's prone to free lance. And one problem these companies have IS to free lance to China, because the result is anime animation style, not Disney. In gaming -- not film -- what's pleasing to the eye is high frame rate animations that are smooth flowing. WoW survives all these years with some really old animations, not because of the cartoon style [misnomer], it's because it runs so smoothly on today's computers without the glitching so seen in all these newer MMOs. IF they decide to reduce the frame rates, the animations look every bit like anime cartoons. Fun to watch on TV and at the movies, not fun to watch with a $500+ video card and $2000+ computer rigs).

There's a lot of stuff behind the scenes, that go unsaid, but part of game business.

CCP needs to recruit outside talent, if they want to produce the AAA titles. They need the insider help that only comes from working in the big game houses. From there they can -- hopefully -- attract more talent. It's the talent that makes a game good and sells it.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

raven666wings
Cyber Chaos Crew
#859 - 2013-07-10 16:10:20 UTC  |  Edited by: raven666wings
Onyx Nyx wrote:

You should try that Internet Spaceships
You are trying too hard.

CCP is doing so good they're going on desperate hiring sprees hiring youtube girls and pay2win weasels. Check yourself before you wreck yourself with such rants brah, its empty-minded crybabies like you that are stagnating EVE and holding it back from becoming a rich universe with that "internet spaceships" shiet. Wait and watch the next space sci-fi mmo come out like Star Citizen and u'll see where those 500k subs go. Not being able to grasp that the only reason why this old and rugged EVE is still suceeding to lure some ppl here and getting some subs is because its the ONLY sci-fi space mmorpg out there only shows ur deep dementia and loss of contact with reality.
Fairren
HellrisCorp
#860 - 2013-07-10 21:44:14 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Fairren wrote:

Think you can do better? Know how to operate a gaming company at the AAA level? Know how to market products? Know how to recruit talent, when the market is also trying to recruit the same talent (with better compensation packages even? Ever wonder why these game companies protect their art department? They don't want to lose them to the competition. Much more difficult to find good artists and animators -- that would work for a corporation -- that's prone to free lance. And one problem these companies have IS to free lance to China, because the result is anime animation style, not Disney. In gaming -- not film -- what's pleasing to the eye is high frame rate animations that are smooth flowing. WoW survives all these years with some really old animations, not because of the cartoon style [misnomer], it's because it runs so smoothly on today's computers without the glitching so seen in all these newer MMOs. IF they decide to reduce the frame rates, the animations look every bit like anime cartoons. Fun to watch on TV and at the movies, not fun to watch with a $500+ video card and $2000+ computer rigs).

There's a lot of stuff behind the scenes, that go unsaid, but part of game business.

CCP needs to recruit outside talent, if they want to produce the AAA titles. They need the insider help that only comes from working in the big game houses. From there they can -- hopefully -- attract more talent. It's the talent that makes a game good and sells it.

List the "AAA" titles that EA has produced in the last two years.

Could you go into more detail about what CCP is supposed to learn from EA?