These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Looking for Sparring partners

Author
Tankos Aphelion
Meltdown Technologies
#1 - 2013-06-30 21:18:32 UTC
Mail me if you're interested.
RON W
Red Federation
RvB - RED Federation
#2 - 2013-06-30 21:22:30 UTC
i forgot how gay tank looks......... bump
SpeedY G0nZaleZ
Brand Newbros
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#3 - 2013-07-07 17:56:05 UTC
We are looking for a sparring partner.

Join atxi_pub on Duality. We will be hanging around there.
SpeedY G0nZaleZ
Brand Newbros
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2013-07-07 18:24:17 UTC
We are happy to spar anyone on the weekend. 1700-1800 on weekends. Send me or Dukrat an evemail.
Alsyth
#5 - 2013-07-09 15:28:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Alsyth
How much ISK on TQ would you pay, and what would the reward be if you end up winning or second?

I am a sparring partner:
- bringing whole setups/doctrines (some of them you wouldn't expect)
- FCing them (with tactics you might not have thought of)
- who can fly/lead specific setups you want to train against
- who can proofread your setups and suggest improvements
- bringing some pilots but not a full team (so some of your pilots can come and bring back useful info to your main team/FC)
- available most days from 12:00 to 1:00
- will follow AT and help the team accordingly

Also:
- not participating in AT this year.
- not the slightest interest in politics or 0.0
- already sparring with another team (you can trust me 100% not to disclose any info to anyone, but keep in mind that they saw my setups too and trained against them.)
- TEST team and this team won't fight in the tourny before their 5th match, (earlier possibility), and more probably the 7th match (on average given the possible paths in the brackets).
- If both teams keep winning until they fight each other, they will end 1st and second and meet first on bracket 123 (cf. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=255379 ).


Eve mail me on TQ (NOT on duality) with serious offer or any question you might have. (Even if you are from another team than TEST).
SpeedY G0nZaleZ
Brand Newbros
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2013-07-09 18:09:07 UTC  |  Edited by: SpeedY G0nZaleZ
Uhh, we generally don't pay for headhunters. And by generally I mean never. We are looking for full teams to practice against.

Perhaps your services would be of interest to other teams however.
Kristoffon vonDrake
Forceful Resource Acquisition Inc
#7 - 2013-07-09 18:40:25 UTC
Alsyth wrote:
How much ISK on TQ would you pay, and what would the reward be if you end up winning or second?

I am a sparring partner:
- bringing whole setups/doctrines (some of them you wouldn't expect)
- FCing them (with tactics you might not have thought of)
- who can fly/lead specific setups you want to train against
- who can proofread your setups and suggest improvements
- bringing some pilots but not a full team (so some of your pilots can come and bring back useful info to your main team/FC)
- available most days from 12:00 to 1:00
- will follow AT and help the team accordingly

Also:
- not participating in AT this year.
- not the slightest interest in politics or 0.0
- already sparring with another team (you can trust me 100% not to disclose any info to anyone, but keep in mind that they saw my setups too and trained against them.)
- TEST team and this team won't fight in the tourny before their 5th match, (earlier possibility), and more probably the 7th match (on average given the possible paths in the brackets).
- If both teams keep winning until they fight each other, they will end 1st and second and meet first on bracket 123 (cf. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=255379 ).


Eve mail me on TQ (NOT on duality) with serious offer or any question you might have. (Even if you are from another team than TEST).


I too can write words on forums about how great I am, and I'll be 10% cheaper than this guy.
Alsyth
#8 - 2013-07-09 19:01:33 UTC
I understand, though I could bring a whole team if that's what you are looking for.
I still think it wouldn't be as profitable for your training as having some of your pilots come in my team and take what's good to improve yours, but that's your choice.

Think of it if you have trouble finding a sparring partner who would not just take that as a free invitation to spy on your team and witness what your key concepts, setups, strategies are, while they can bring dumb/consensual setups.

Being a third party makes my offer quite different.

The ISK I need to have fun on TQ with would be a bargain to any sizeable alliance.
A guy doing this for free would probably sell the intell to PL for a huge amount of ISK, but you can check my backround, you will find that I can be trusted.
SpeedY G0nZaleZ
Brand Newbros
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#9 - 2013-07-09 20:04:30 UTC
It's not so much what you are offering or how trustworthy you are. It is more about who you are, and what your track record of success is. If you are someone we know and respect there is potential, however we probably couldn't afford you.
Alsyth
#10 - 2013-07-09 20:27:13 UTC
Give it a try ;)

Doing only lowsec, anti-piracy, 10-30 in fleet, frigs to BC only is not the best way of getting known. I don't care. It's not that ex
Luckily, it's quite close to what AT is about.

I can send you an evemail, if you want to contact the other team and have their thoughts on how helpful I am at this (or not).
Duncan Tanner
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#11 - 2013-07-09 20:49:48 UTC
Alsyth wrote:
Give it a try ;)

Doing only lowsec, anti-piracy, 10-30 in fleet, frigs to BC only is not the best way of getting known. I don't care. It's not that ex
Luckily, it's quite close to what AT is about.

I can send you an evemail, if you want to contact the other team and have their thoughts on how helpful I am at this (or not).


Nice, we are also lowsec anti-pirates, sometimes we also RP in local.

Vouching your services.

btw do you know Timothy?

.

Tropic9
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-07-10 08:16:16 UTC
Duncan Tanner wrote:
Alsyth wrote:
Give it a try ;)

Doing only lowsec, anti-piracy, 10-30 in fleet, frigs to BC only is not the best way of getting known. I don't care. It's not that ex
Luckily, it's quite close to what AT is about.

I can send you an evemail, if you want to contact the other team and have their thoughts on how helpful I am at this (or not).


Nice, we are also lowsec anti-pirates, sometimes we also RP in local.

Vouching your services.

btw do you know Timothy?

If I pay for it, can we hire this guy and his crew to practice against Duncan?
Alsyth
#13 - 2013-07-10 10:12:02 UTC
From what I've seen of your setups, I think I could surprise you ;-)
Duncan Tanner
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#14 - 2013-07-10 10:24:32 UTC
Alsyth wrote:
From what I've seen of your setups, I think I could surprise you ;-)


pls no, I don't think our morale can take any further punishment.

.

Alsyth
#15 - 2013-07-10 10:30:46 UTC
Besides, it would be safer than training with Outbreak again... :p
Duncan Tanner
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#16 - 2013-07-10 10:41:36 UTC
Alsyth wrote:
Besides, it would be safer than training with Outbreak again... :p


Are you willing to provide full API keys to prove you have no affiliation with Outbreak?

.

Alsyth
#17 - 2013-07-10 10:58:07 UTC
No I'm not, but you can do a bit of research :)
You will find no direct affiliation to anyone but my current alliance -no participating this year- and the other -smaller- team I already spare with.
Which you won't meet until 4th match (and most probably later than that), and if both of you keep winning you'll end up 1st and 2nd, obviously.

It could be a problem if I were not honest. But I am (too much, some would say).

I'm helping them as friend, and would like to help someone else for money (hard to make a living out of small gang pvp).
I have no interest in losing a friend or an ISK income, so I will keep the two separate. Only thing is, both of you would train against my setups, if you replicate them, the other team will have trained against them.

Just give it a try with these setups of yours that are already public, if you think I'm not providing enough challenge we can stop at that.
Duncan Tanner
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#18 - 2013-07-10 11:14:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Duncan Tanner
Ok I am convinced because I know you are anti-pirate but some of my team is not. We would like to see a sample of your work before we hire you. Can you post an example setup?

.

Alsyth
#19 - 2013-07-10 12:23:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Alsyth
Most of your team is pirate and I don't care. I know who you are: enemies I respect on TQ, providing good fights with interesting ships, some of your pilots are inspirations to us all regarding solo or small gang pvp, and your AT team is already one of the very best.

I'm not willing to post any of my setups on a public forum, especially not the original ones, and a simple variation of a classic setup is not that interesting to show you, in my opinion. You won't see any of my setups unless you sign for a first training session.
I can also proofread your setups (or at least give my thoughts on them. And since the key ships of 10 of your setups are public, you don't risk much), and give comments on logs+fraps of a fight.

I'm sending you an evemail with the name of the captain of the team I already spar with. True, he is an ally of mine on TQ, but you might know him and have some trust in his judgment nonetheless, who knows.



And by the way, are you just trolling? :-) If so it's a success, I'm genuinely puzzled!
Hydra, of all alliances, asking for a sparring partner really surprises me. But I might as well be mistaken, since you cannot spy on other teams' trainings as effectively as in the past, you might just want to win and consider anything that could help you, be it only a "new" eye on things and the opportunity to train against someone who thinks differently (and who you can trust not to reveal any of your secrets).
Duncan Tanner
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#20 - 2013-07-10 12:56:15 UTC
I assure you we are anti-pirate. Part of being anti-pirate is taking in former pirates who regret their ways and trying to reform them to the good side. Sometimes we still have misunderstandings with Concord but we are working on this. This is also why we are in the tournament, because the pvp here is 100% consentual.

You can see some proof here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUkwMvD-_Rg

Anyway, I have forwarded your offer to HYDRA HIGH COMMAND and if I get positive response I will be in touch.

.

12Next page