These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Relic/Data site canisters marked with high standing?

Author
Puppy Wuff
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-07-09 02:57:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Puppy Wuff
http://i.imgur.com/WFaOdWw.jpg

I joined a corp today and suddenly I have my canisters being marked as blue now? Originally some one said it may have to do with my corp standing being 10.0 so we lowered it to 5.0 . Its not like a huge issue but I did enjoy it more with out these blue box's.

I was not fleeted and did not have any one near me while opening them up. It just suddenly marked them as blue after doing the minigame.
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-07-09 03:21:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
Puppy Wuff wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/WFaOdWw.jpg

I joined a corp today and suddenly I have my canisters being marked as blue now? Originally some one said it may have to do with my corp standing being 10.0 so we lowered it to 5.0 . Its not like a huge issue but I did enjoy it more with out these blue box's.

I was not fleeted and did not have any one near me while opening them up. It just suddenly marked them as blue after doing the minigame.

So who does the Probe belong to thats in the picture? My guess is its the guy who is blue to you, and hes opened the cans?

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Puppy Wuff
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-07-09 03:26:38 UTC
Its me in the probe. I was the only one on the site and this only started to be this way after I joined a corp. I had them set my standing to .2 and the canisters still appear with the blue icon. Its honestly very frustrating. I can learn to deal with it but would be nice if I could some how change this back to normal.

I looked in my standing and there is no reason as to why it would show my standing with the site after I open it as being so high I really don't understand it at all.
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-07-09 03:28:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
Edit: My bad...info was off...

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#5 - 2013-07-09 03:28:29 UTC  |  Edited by: NightCrawler 85
Question, were you doing this just as you joined the corp?
Not 100% sure but is it possible that this is a bug/delay caused by you switching corporations (going from npc corp to a player corp), and it dident register the corp switch accurately, but recognized you as the owner and turned them blue so you would not get flagged?

I have seen that there has been a similar issue with API keys (someone has director roles in their old corp, instantly joins the new corp and the API key thinks they still have director roles from their old corp), which is what made me wonder if this is something similar.

Edit; Read over your message again. You said the corp had set you personally to +10? In that case im even more sure this is just a delay with it updating. I would suggest that you relog and then see if the same thing happens again.
Puppy Wuff
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-07-09 03:34:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Puppy Wuff
Probe has 3 high slots and can fit 5 hobgoblins and field 3 at one time now not sure if was changed but just came back recently so never new it was any different. I can take a picture to prove if needed xD

Hmm I have been in the corp for a good 20 hours or so now. I have discovered that if I go into overview settings and go to appearance and turn off "Pilot has good standing" in color tag it no longer shows these opened relic containers as good standing. I have apply to ships and drones only yet its some how considering this relic container as a player/ship?
NightCrawler 85
Phoibe Enterprises
#7 - 2013-07-09 03:36:15 UTC
I was a bit to slow on the edit there, but if you have been in the corp for 20 hours i would assume you have relogged at least once during that time period, so i am out of ideas Sad
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-07-09 03:37:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
Puppy Wuff wrote:
Probe has 3 high slots and can fit 5 hobgoblins and field 3 at one time now not sure if was changed but just came back recently so never new it was any different. I can take a picture to prove if needed xD

Hmm I have been in the corp for a good 20 hours or so now. I have discovered that if I go into overview settings and go to appearance and turn off "Pilot has good standing" in color tag it no longer shows these opened relic containers as good standing. I have apply to ships and drones only yet its some how considering this relic container as a player/ship?

No no, I edited. My info was a bit dated on minni ships. I apologise, its was that which threw me off...

Puppy Wuff
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-07-09 03:40:05 UTC
Its all good sorry for the quick edit I always screw up my posts xD

So far my only solution is to go into overview then appearance then colortag and turn off "Show pilots good standing" I don't understand why it considers canisters as a pilot/ship. Unsure if this is some kind of horrible bug or what but its so frustrating trying to click the cans while having them up xD
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-07-09 03:44:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
I'm the same, spelling is terrible until I edit.

Personally, I would wait until you have been in the corp 24 hours, then if it persists, petition it, just to see what the GMs say, could be a bug. This doesnt happen to me unless someone who is blue to me has popped the container open.

Edit: Or little red + signs if I warp in on someone red whose popping open the cans Twisted only happened the once that though.

Puppy Wuff
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2013-07-09 03:48:52 UTC
Yea its been really odd I assume it does have something to do with being in the corp. I hope after 24 hours it will be better and go away cause its a bit annoying to deal with at times. Sorta a little bit of a distraction having it insta turn blue. For now ill just turn off the pilot with good standing shown thing until the 24 hours comes up then make a ticket if it persists. I was just wondering if it was like normally supposed to do this . Thank you all for the help hopefully this will go away xD