These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Screenshot contest? Really CCP?

First post
Author
Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#21 - 2013-07-07 03:48:56 UTC
I think it's fun.

...but I've never played another MMO really... Pirate

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Joan Greywind
The Lazy Crabs
#22 - 2013-07-07 04:44:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Joan Greywind
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:

It is summer and a lot of us are on vacation!

What DO YOU MEAN VACATION, THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE, I mean whos going to fix the bug where goonies bump my ship and attack me in higsec. Get back to work!!!111!!!!!!11!. Since when do game devs go on vacations, I thought your status was closer to slaves, moving at the whims of the playerbase.

But seriously it is a great contest (I personally won't be participating). Make people travel and get out there. Check. More content. Check. More targets to shoot at locations we already know. Check. The whole theme of the patch being exploration. Check. Inevitable tears from whiny threads that they got shot at a CCP sponsored event, and how morally bad you are in real life. Check.

Good contest
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2013-07-07 05:23:04 UTC
I think its a good contest

EvE is beautiful - one of the most beautiful games on the market.

Go and look at the planets from a belt....or those near a station......its amazing

+1 for this CCP
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#24 - 2013-07-07 09:01:29 UTC
CCP BunnyVirus wrote:
Glent Aonar wrote:
So I'm a relatively new EVE player, and during the last event in which "actors in system which players get to come and interact with; either to help them, negotiate with them, or just blow them up." I got to see and experience just how amazing this game is, not just because of the game itself, but because events like that are what I wish other MMOs would do. They are absolutely amazing, and create a unique experience everytime.

So then I see a new live event for july... a screenshot contest... like every MMO does all the time, and more recently I've noticed F2P cash shop pay to win games doing screenshot contests more often than others, it feels like kind of a cop out for doing a real event. Anyone else slightly annoyed by this?

Just my opinion though.

inb4 EA blame.

It is summer and a lot of us are on vacation!

Iceland.
Summer.

It's short.

Let CCP take a f**king break.

As one with 2 months of accumulated vacation time and degenerative conditions from years of not enough rest, I can assure all of you, a break is a good thing.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#25 - 2013-07-07 14:19:00 UTC
Ahhh, vacation time Big smileBig smileBig smile have I got a screen shot for yaBlink
Norian Lonark
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-07-07 19:32:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Norian Lonark
Personally I enjoyed participating in it and will probably do the next groups as well in the following week.

Start wide, expand further, and never look back

Inokuma Yawara
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2013-07-08 22:43:24 UTC
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Glent Aonar wrote:
Jafit McJafitson wrote:
Maybe you could pick a fight and generate your own content instead of expecting the devs to play with you all day.

Never said that I don't.
I just think the large scale events as really nice for the people that don't have spilled-bucket-of-legos nullsec fights in 90% tidi.

Well it's rather the other way around 90% TiDi is ok, 10% not at all, don't ask me why.

When tidi is at 90%, you're moving at roughly 90% of your original speed. When tidi is at 10%, you're moving at 10% of your original speed. 10% percent of 100ms is 10ms where 90% of 100ms is 90ms...

Sorry for the dumbed down explanation, it wasnt indeded to be insulting or whatever. And obv its not just speed thats affected its everything. It was just easier to explain via speed.

I'm new, here. So, your explanation helped me understand what was being discussed.

Thanks.

Watch this space.  New exciting signature in development.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#28 - 2013-07-08 22:50:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Unsuccessful At Everything
Someone didn't make it to Gymboree on time and had to pair up with the teacher one too many times.....

Also,

Posting in yet another Eve f2p thread.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#29 - 2013-07-08 23:11:32 UTC
EvE is a beautiful game, far more so than any other MMO's. I've seen some pretty impressive in-game screenshots!

I fot one welcome even more!

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

CCP Falcon
#30 - 2013-07-08 23:16:53 UTC
Glent Aonar wrote:
it feels like kind of a cop out for doing a real event. Anyone else slightly annoyed by this?

Just my opinion though.

inb4 EA blame.

Not at all, and definitely just your opinion.

We've got some things coming up, we're just having a change of pace for the summer.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-07-08 23:21:36 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Glent Aonar wrote:
it feels like kind of a cop out for doing a real event. Anyone else slightly annoyed by this?

Just my opinion though.

inb4 EA blame.

We've got some things coming up, we're just having a change of pace for the summer.

Because the Devs have holidays too Big smile

Just do me a favour. Kick another ball for foxfour to fall on again? That was hilarious...

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Akimo Heth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#32 - 2013-07-08 23:39:16 UTC
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Glent Aonar wrote:

Just my opinion though.

inb4 EA blame.

Just do me a favour. Kick another ball for foxfour to fall on again? That was hilarious...

Then they should suspend the subscription fee for the month if they're taking it off. What other company has the entire staff go on vacation for an entire summer and lower its level of service, this isn't grade school.
Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-07-09 00:34:13 UTC
I like the idea of a screenshot contest. This is a beautiful game. Why not show it off? Big smile

Bring your possibles.

Setaceous
Nexus Prima
#34 - 2013-07-09 00:43:23 UTC
Gaellia Bonaventure wrote:
I like the idea of a screenshot contest. This is a beautiful game. Why not show it off? Big smile

Indeed. It makes me wish I hadn't lost all my original screenshots when my old HDD died before I could get them off Cry
Kayvin Jal
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#35 - 2013-07-09 00:50:40 UTC
In my book, a screenshot contest that has you running all over is very fitting for during an expansion about exploration. ;)
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-07-09 01:05:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
Akimo Heth wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Glent Aonar wrote:

Just my opinion though.

inb4 EA blame.

Then they should suspend the subscription fee for the month if they're taking it off. What other company has the entire staff go on vacation for an entire summer and lower its level of service, this isn't grade school.

But its not the entire staff base is it... Go take your moronic suggestion somewhere else...

You want live events? Go make one? The beauty of a sandbox game is player created content.

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#37 - 2013-07-09 01:07:35 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
We've got some things coming up, we're just having a change of pace for the summer before resuming our European-timezone-only schedule of events.

FYPFY.

MDD
Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#38 - 2013-07-09 01:09:37 UTC
MailDeadDrop wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
We've got some things coming up, we're just having a change of pace for the summer before resuming our European-timezone-only schedule of events.

FYPFY.

MDD

Again, player created content...you have the power to create content yourselves. Go do it if you really care that much. But of course... Effort would be involved in that...

MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#39 - 2013-07-09 01:33:13 UTC
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
Again, player created content...you have the power to create content yourselves. Go do it if you really care that much. But of course... Effort would be involved in that...

If it's player-created content, then why am I paying for CCP to create content only reasonably available to players on the other side of the planet?

MDD
Akimo Heth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2013-07-09 02:07:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Akimo Heth
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
Akimo Heth wrote:
Hessian Arcturus wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Glent Aonar wrote:

Just my opinion though.

inb4 EA blame.

But its not the entire staff base is it... Go take your moronic suggestion somewhere else...

You want live events? Go make one? The beauty of a sandbox game is player created content.

Look at the amount of dev posts, blogs, game updates, and this live event....it's a good portion of the staff away from keyboard. I don't blame anybody for taking a vacation but the fact that CCP allows enough of their staff to go on vacation at once that it admittedly "lowers their pace" should also be accompanied with a discount to the player base for the months that the service is affected. Otherwise stagger employee vacations so it doesn't affect player experience and smooths out the content across the entire year instead of taking off for a month and leaving the game alone.
Previous page123Next page