These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

I need help solving this EVE mystery

Author
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#21 - 2013-07-08 23:06:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Six Six Six
Certainly a hiccup there an old post from a different thread replaced the one I typed.
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#22 - 2013-07-08 23:09:30 UTC
In before the Banhammer!! Shocked

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Noddy Comet
Lysdexic Agnostics - Thier is no Dog
#23 - 2013-07-08 23:12:00 UTC
Keat0n wrote:
The only thing I can think of is a vague memory of giving my login info to my most trusted corp mate once a few years back because he logged in to my acct to change some skills when I didn't have access to a computer

Single point of fail detected.

[i]"The biggest problem with quotes on the Internet, is that just because it's on the Internet too many believe them to be real" -[/i]Abraham Lincoln's "Berlin Wall" speech at the 1984 Winter Olympics.

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#24 - 2013-07-08 23:17:27 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
From the way you've been talking, what am I to think? I'm willing to bet a GM is a person who can understand a situation when the account sharing was not done with the intent to dodge sub fees or exploit the game and the true owner of the account has been hard done by and wants to keep playing the game. The OP made an honest mistake and I don't believe CCP would really want to punish him for that.

And there's the possibility they can help him with his stuff. Considering their role, I think they'd be damn willing to help him out.

Your advice not to petition the loss was terrible.

Doesn't matter what account sharing is done for, it's not allowed.

are you a robot

seriously

Seriously, I'm not a robot.

Why should they waste time investigating when an account that has been shared, as it's against the rules anyway. At best they could say that you account shared so don't do it again, that would be the kind of stance I would take (minimum).

But I might be wrong. It's up to them at the end of the day.

There's nothing stopping him from filing a petition, that's his choice.

Not quite what I originally type but it'll have to do.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#25 - 2013-07-08 23:25:30 UTC
well as long as you're not a robot

The rules don't matter so much when you're the people who write the rules, and support aren't dragons looking to ban you for any reason they can find. OP is an honest, returning customer who made a mistake, they're not going to use the account-sharing-ban part of the EULA to ban him - I think it's there to nab cheaters, sub-dodgers and people who take other people's stuff without asking. GMs can be very understanding vOv

I won't comment on the likelihood of his getting his stuff back, but there's no reason not to ask.
Rengerel en Distel
#26 - 2013-07-08 23:27:28 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Rengerel en Distel wrote:

Pretty sure when you admit to account sharing, you void any customer support in getting your stuff back.

what is the second word of 'customer support'?

when you're done with that consider what the first word means

customer support is the support of the customer

Quote:
B. By CCP for Breach or Misconduct
(1) Suspension of Account

Without limiting CCP's rights or remedies, CCP may immediately, and without notice, discontinue or suspend access to the System through your Account, and any and all other Accounts that share the name, phone number, e-mail address, internet protocol address or credit card number with the discontinued or suspended Account, in the event of (i) a breach of the EULA (including the Rules of Conduct) by you or any user under your Account; or (ii) unauthorized access to the System or use of the Game by you or any user under your Account.
(2) Termination of EULA

CCP may terminate the EULA, close all your Accounts, and cancel all rights granted to you under the EULA if: (i) you fail to pay the fees when due; (ii) CCP is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide; (iii) you or anyone using any of your Accounts materially breaches the EULA, makes any unauthorized use of the System or Software, or infringes the rights of CCP or any third party; or (iv) CCP becomes aware of game play, chat or player activity under your Account that is, in CCP's discretion, inappropriate, offensive, or in violation of the Rules of Conduct. Such termination shall be effective upon notice transmitted via electronic mail, or any other means reasonably calculated to reach you.

He broke the EULA, they have the right to suspend or terminate his account if they wish. Normally, if they're going to suspend or terminate an account, they don't give that account stuff back they lost because they broke the EULA. It would be like petitioning because your market bot was set up wrong, and you kept outbidding yourself and lost all your isk.

Basically, at their discretion, he will no longer be a customer, and not requiring support.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#27 - 2013-07-08 23:35:11 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:
LAWYERBOT HAS DETECTED AN EULA BREACH

PROCESSING... PROCESSING...

QUOTE: EULA

BAN EVERYTHING BAN EVERYTHING BAN EVERYTHING

i doubt it
Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-07-08 23:39:07 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:
From the way you've been talking, what am I to think? I'm willing to bet a GM is a person who can understand a situation when the account sharing was not done with the intent to dodge sub fees or exploit the game and the true owner of the account has been hard done by and wants to keep playing the game. The OP made an honest mistake and I don't believe CCP would really want to punish him for that.

And there's the possibility they can help him with his stuff. Considering their role, I think they'd be damn willing to help him out.

Your advice not to petition the loss was terrible.

Doesn't matter what account sharing is done for, it's not allowed.

are you a robot

seriously

Seriously, I'm not a robot.

Why should they waste time investigating when an account that has been shared, as it's against the rules anyway. At best they could say that you account shared so don't do it again, that would be the kind of stance I would take (minimum).

But I might be wrong. It's up to them at the end of the day.

There's nothing stopping him from filing a petition, that's his choice.

Not quite what I originally type but it'll have to do.

Have you ever made a mistake in your life?

I filled a petition, too.
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#29 - 2013-07-08 23:40:42 UTC
Keat0n wrote:

Loads, the secret is not to dwell on them, just learn by them.
Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-07-08 23:42:24 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
Keat0n wrote:

Loads, the secret is not to dwell on them, just learn by them.

I'm not dwelling, I just noticed this problem in the past 24 hours. I'm looking for the cause.
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#31 - 2013-07-08 23:48:31 UTC
In the time you've been gone, client updates and stuff happened, of course. Might've been related to that (CCP fixed something similar via petition for me once - glitches *shrug*). However, you might have...caused yourself a significant problem with the account-sharing thing. Petition it. Worst they can do is say no and you become a 5-second source of amusement in CCP office. At least it would be a legit petition instead of the junk petitions so many flood CCP with. If nothing else, you have .49 bigones! Woohoo!
Elliavir
Miskatonic Mercantile
#32 - 2013-07-09 00:35:39 UTC
Advice I would offer depends on what matters more to you...

If you need to know what happened to your stuff, even if you don't get it back - petition. Is the suspicion of what may have happened going to poison your fun?

If you need an answer that clears your friends, regardless of what actually happened - don't petition. You may find out things you don't want to know. You may find it easier to live with the mystery than with violated trust.

If the most important thing is a shot at getting your stuff back - petition. Your stuff, if returned, may come with a warning attached, which has some account consequences you may want to review before petitioning.

All of this presumes, of course, that you've already checked your transaction journals and such and there's just no info there?
Gaellia Bonaventure
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#33 - 2013-07-09 00:36:43 UTC
You trusted someone in Eve and got burned.

Lesson learned.

My son plays this game with me. I love him more than my life. But this is Eve....and in Eve I don't even trust him. Guess what? He doesn't trust me in Eve, either, haha. Game working as intended.

Welcome to Eve. Smile

Bring your possibles.

Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2013-07-09 00:37:00 UTC
Elliavir wrote:
Advice I would offer depends on what matters more to you...

If you need to know what happened to your stuff, even if you don't get it back - petition. Is the suspicion of what may have happened going to poison your fun?

If you need an answer that clears your friends, regardless of what actually happened - don't petition. You may find out things you don't want to know. You may find it easier to live with the mystery than with violated trust.

If the most important thing is a shot at getting your stuff back - petition. Your stuff, if returned, may come with a warning attached, which has some account consequences you may want to review before petitioning.

All of this presumes, of course, that you've already checked your transaction journals and such and there's just no info there?

Transaction journals are completely blanked out from the beginning of time
Previous page12