These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

I need help solving this EVE mystery

Author
Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-07-08 22:29:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Keat0n
Hello all,

I've been playing EVE since 2008, but just recently took a break for about 9-12 months. I returned yesterday, and logged in to find the 1.5 billion isk in my account reduced to a mere 0.49 isk. My fully fitted Proteus, was stripped of it's subsystems and fitting and left in the hangar. Now I can't imagine CCP would do this, as it doesn't make any financial sense to "delete" inactive accounts. The only thing I can think of is a vague memory of giving my login info to my most trusted corp mate once a few years back because he logged in to my acct to change some skills when I didn't have access to a computer. We have been in game friends for 3-4 years, and had the utmost respect for each other. I can't imagine the incentive behind him surreptitiously swiping my isk. Not to mention the fact that he would have had to pay cash to reactivate my dead account to transfer the money. I suppose he could have used PLEX, but then why wouldn't he steal the ship? And all my assets? None of this makes any sense to me right now and I'm looking for answers.

Thanks
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-07-08 22:32:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Six Six Six
Keat0n wrote:
Hello all,

I've been playing EVE since 2008, but just recently took a break for about 9-12 months. I returned yesterday, and logged in to find the 1.5 billion isk in my account reduced to a mere 0.49 isk. My fully fitted Proteus, was stripped of it's subsystems and fitting and left in the hangar. Now I can't imagine CCP would do this, as it doesn't make any financial sense to "delete" inactive accounts. The only thing I can think of is a vague memory of giving my login info to my most trusted corp mate once a few years back because he logged in to my acct to change some skills when I didn't have access to a computer. We have been in game friends for 3-4 years, and had the utmost respect for each other. I can't imagine the incentive behind him surreptitiously swiping my isk. Not to mention the fact that he would have had to pay cash to reactivate my dead account to transfer the money. I suppose he could have used PLEX, but then why wouldn't he steal the ship? And all my assets? None of this makes any sense to me right now and I'm looking for answers.

Thanks

Then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Never give your account details to anyone.

As for stealing ships subsystems the answer is obvious, to sell them for more isk or use them. Maybe he just didn't get around to selling the other assets.

Plus you're not allowed to account share.
Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-07-08 22:33:09 UTC
I got no idea why, its Eve so the better question is why not?

Also, admiting to account sharing (against the EULA) isn't going to earn you any fans as far as the GMs go, so I wouldn't bother petitioning it.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Jim Era
#4 - 2013-07-08 22:33:12 UTC
pwnd

Wat™

Keat0n
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-07-08 22:35:54 UTC
Thanks, no need to quote my OP
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#6 - 2013-07-08 22:36:08 UTC
despite what the people above are saying there's no reason not to petition to see what they can do for you

you made a silly mistake giving away account info but that doesn't mean gamemasters can't or won't do anything

besides there's the possibility your account was breached some other way
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#7 - 2013-07-08 22:37:13 UTC
Mystery solved... you shared your account credentials.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#8 - 2013-07-08 22:38:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Keat0n wrote:
Thanks, no need to quote my OP

No need to try to hide it either by deleting your OP. Eve-search already has a copy. Blink

Besides, shaming EULA violators is fair game in GD, and quite hilarious.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-07-08 22:40:09 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
despite what the people above are saying there's no reason not to petition to see what they can do for you

you made a silly mistake giving away account info but that doesn't mean gamemasters can't or won't do anything

besides there's the possibility your account was breached some other way

Yeah they might ban him for breaking the EULA on account sharing.

But you're right he won't know unless he tries.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#10 - 2013-07-08 22:44:38 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:

strong or permabans are only for serious offences, this is a lot less serious than botting, harassment or rmt

i think it's incredibly unlikely to cop more than a warning. even then, a week-long ban is nothing compared to the possibility of getting your stuff back

not even trying to get this looked at is very, very stupid
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-07-08 22:46:17 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

Of course that's if they are willing to help considering the circumstances.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#12 - 2013-07-08 22:48:00 UTC
GMs are there to help. It's their job. That's why it's called 'customer support'.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#13 - 2013-07-08 22:49:15 UTC
I love it when people log onto the forums to cry about something....and end up copping to a bannable offense....

Love. It.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-07-08 22:50:07 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
GMs are there to help. It's their job. That's why it's called 'customer support'.

Really, I wouldn't have known if you hadn't told me Roll
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#15 - 2013-07-08 22:54:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
The OP has learnt a valuable lesson, friendship & respect are cheap in Eve. Trust is the only true currency, and you don't give it to anybody that you can't punch in the head IRL.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#16 - 2013-07-08 22:55:36 UTC
From the way you've been talking, what am I to think? I'm willing to bet a GM is a person who can understand a situation when the account sharing was not done with the intent to dodge sub fees or exploit the game and the true owner of the account has been hard done by and wants to keep playing the game. The OP made an honest mistake and I don't believe CCP would really want to punish him for that.

And there's the possibility they can help him with his stuff. Considering their role, I think they'd be damn willing to help him out.

Your advice not to petition the loss was terrible.
Rengerel en Distel
#17 - 2013-07-08 22:55:59 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Six Six Six wrote:

strong or permabans are only for serious offences, this is a lot less serious than botting, harassment or rmt

i think it's incredibly unlikely to cop more than a warning. even then, a week-long ban is nothing compared to the possibility of getting your stuff back

Pretty sure when you admit to account sharing, you void any customer support in getting your stuff back.

With the increase in shiptoasting, the Report timer needs to be shortened.

Six Six Six
Doomheim
#18 - 2013-07-08 22:56:56 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
From the way you've been talking, what am I to think? I'm willing to bet a GM is a person who can understand a situation when the account sharing was not done with the intent to dodge sub fees or exploit the game and the true owner of the account has been hard done by and wants to keep playing the game. The OP made an honest mistake and I don't believe CCP would really want to punish him for that.

And there's the possibility they can help him with his stuff. Considering their role, I think they'd be damn willing to help him out.

Doesn't matter what account sharing is done for, it's not allowed.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#19 - 2013-07-08 22:58:08 UTC
Rengerel en Distel wrote:

Pretty sure when you admit to account sharing, you void any customer support in getting your stuff back.

what is the second word of 'customer support'?

when you're done with that consider what the first word means

customer support is the support of the customer
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#20 - 2013-07-08 22:59:24 UTC
Six Six Six wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

Doesn't matter what account sharing is done for, it's not allowed.

are you a robot

seriously
12Next page