These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

They should change 0.5 to lowsec

Author
Magnus Orly
Crucial Contribution
#1 - 2013-07-08 14:39:57 UTC
Concord is absolutely useless there and it is misleading to new players like myself...

Our corporation is recruiting! We live in Caldari high-sec and do mining, missions and trading.

Scarlett LaBlanc
Rational Chaos Inc.
Brave Collective
#2 - 2013-07-08 14:45:51 UTC
Concord does NOT provide protection. They provide consequences.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#3 - 2013-07-08 14:46:41 UTC
Scarlett LaBlanc wrote:

This. Just like the real police, their purpose is as a deterrent and as punishment, not as prevention.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#4 - 2013-07-08 14:49:22 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Scarlett LaBlanc wrote:

This. Just like the real police, their purpose is as a deterrent and as punishment, not as prevention.

When seconds count, Concord is only minutes away.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#5 - 2013-07-08 14:50:04 UTC
Scarlett LaBlanc wrote:

This.

You are as likely to die in 0.9 as 0.5 if someone decides to gank you. Concord will assplode the aggressor just the same.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-07-08 14:51:52 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:
Concord is absolutely useless there and it is misleading to new players like myself...

Question

The differences between 1.0 and 0.5 are rather small.
Bad guy dies both times. Only difference is how many tier 3 battlecruisers or dessies they need to kill you first.
Six Six Six
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-07-08 15:00:45 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:

Your logic is flawed.

I doubt you are a new player as you would more than likely be asking for CONCORD to be more effective in 0.5 systems.

Instead your post comes over more like a tantrum. Yet the title of the thread sounds more like you're a low-sec gate-camper.
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#8 - 2013-07-08 15:05:33 UTC
I think all space should be hi sec. One can dream.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-07-08 15:21:03 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:

Yeah? And Jove should be a player race, and they should look like "greys"... I guess "should" doesn't always work out, huh?
HTFU, dude... you started your account in 2012. It's time to accept things, or give your toon and assets to someone else who can appreciate them.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#10 - 2013-07-08 15:21:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucas Kell
Only takes a quick scan of eve-kill to see he lost a Retriever in Saatuban, Pod too. So yes, this is a tantrum post rather than a well thought out idea.

Magnus, don't take it so hard. EVE is a pretty unforgiving game, and you will get killed, a lot. The trick is, just don't worry so much about stuff. You get stuff, you lose stuff, that's EVE.

If you find that you are getting ganked a lot, and moving to a different system doesn't help, then a different ship might. The Procurer is only a little less m3/hour but the mid slots mean it can be shield tanked out a lot more, making you a less attractive target. Only downside is you have to take more regular trips to the station to haul.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Hessian Arcturus
Doomheim
#11 - 2013-07-08 15:28:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Hessian Arcturus
Here's a thought...FIT...A...TANK!!!
You carebears never learn from your mistakes do you? I bet you've bought a new ship, a new mining ship and are mining away. And I bet you still haven't fit a tank...

EDIT: And don't say "I had a tank". Because I've seen the retriever and pod kill...

It's human nature to want to explore. To find your line and go beyond it. The only limit, is the one you set yourself.

Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-07-08 15:47:52 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Only takes a quick scan of eve-kill to see he lost a Retriever in Saatuban, Pod too. So yes, this is a tantrum post rather than a well thought out idea.

Magnus, don't take it so hard. EVE is a pretty unforgiving game, and you will get killed, a lot. The trick is, just don't worry so much about stuff. You get stuff, you lose stuff, that's EVE.

If you find that you are getting ganked a lot, and moving to a different system doesn't help, then a different ship might. The Procurer is only a little less m3/hour but the mid slots mean it can be shield tanked out a lot more, making you a less attractive target. Only downside is you have to take more regular trips to the station to haul.

all the rig slots were empty :cripes:
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#13 - 2013-07-08 15:52:46 UTC
Hey, took 4-5 years for rockets to be fixed... you better not be holding you breath until your face turns blue. But if you are, post pics. Blink

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Pitrolo Orti
Doomheim
#14 - 2013-07-08 16:06:10 UTC
I can bath in these tasty tears for eternityy!

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Magnus Orly
Crucial Contribution
#15 - 2013-07-08 16:09:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Magnus Orly
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:

Well, we are not all billionaires....

Our corporation is recruiting! We live in Caldari high-sec and do mining, missions and trading.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#16 - 2013-07-08 16:11:24 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:

This makes no sense.

You want CONCORD.

CONCORD is not in Low at all.

Just what do you want ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#17 - 2013-07-08 16:12:41 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:

Show me a T1 Rig appropriate for an Exhumer that costs more than 25,000,000.....................

Stop exaggerating your situation and play the game, get a life, or go away.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Elizabeth Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2013-07-08 16:15:07 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:

your strip miners were more expensive than most t1 rigs
Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#19 - 2013-07-08 16:36:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Q 5
Ehm, carebear here, suggest you stay in 1.0 to 0.9 systems for faster Concord response AND fly a procurer (TANK IT)!!!! and you'll never have to be worried about getting ganked cause frankly if they do gank you they either dislike you or are looking for lol's cause I can tell you a tanked procurer (or even not) is not worth their time, me thinks it was for lol's AND you were hanging out in a system with sssssllllllllow Concorddonkin response time.

Three words for you;
Procurer
Procurer
Procurer
brinelan
#20 - 2013-07-08 17:00:55 UTC
Magnus Orly wrote:
Elizabeth Aideron wrote:

Don't need to be a billionaire to buy a rig that is somewhere less then 25m each. Also, fit your mids with tank mods. Shield booster, resistance mods etc. Don't make yourself a target and most gankers will leave you alone and look for soft targets. and ya the other poster that said skiff is spot on. They are much tougher then a mack and while they mine less, its better then having to keep replacing expensive mackinaws because youre a soft target.
123Next pageLast page