These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Pandemic Legion?

Author
Kijo Rikki
Killboard Padding Services
#21 - 2013-07-03 17:16:39 UTC
I remember first hearing about Pandemic Legion at the Tournaments, they were an unstoppable force for 2 or 3 seasons that I watched. While they were good at the tournaments, as I understood it they were not a good sov holding alliance. Then, at some point, they gained access to a ton of supers and titans, and they became the hot drop capital of EvE. They are in a good place, they don't have personal sov space to worry about defending and they (seem to) have a bridge/cyno chain network in place where they can strike anywhere in the EvE universe at a moments notice.

You make a valid point, good Sir or Madam. 

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#22 - 2013-07-03 18:06:27 UTC
Kijo Rikki wrote:
They are in a good place, they don't have personal sov space to worry about defending

Ah but they do. If you look at the sov map in the northeast- most of Perrigen Falls, Malpais, etc. is held under an alliance called: Brothers of Tangra. This is a renter alliance set up and maintained by PL. So they have surrounded themselves with allies and blues to help defend this space.
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#23 - 2013-07-03 18:09:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Anna Karhunen
Pandemic Legion station names. I find them amusing.

Edit: Reason for amusement is the spoilerish nature of them. Well, spoilerish to some, though not to me.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2013-07-03 18:15:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
Rishna Katar wrote:
Has noone ever succeeded in fighting there power or something?

The problem with that is that your competent pvpers, your supercapital pilots and your FCs will leave your alliance to join PL before you ever have assembled enough of them to take on PL.

PL's supercapital count is scary enough to make it very risky for other alliances to use their supercapitals in actual combat (*) - but if you don't use your supercapitals for more than just structure grinding then your supercap pilots will either go inactive or join the one alliance that projects an image of being able to use supers with impunity (i.e. PL).
It's very hard to break out of that sort of feedback loop once it has established itself.

(*) and tidi means PL has 10x the time to form up and get to the fight's location. Distance is pretty much meaningless in EVE atm - it might take you 20 minutes to move across the galaxy but if your target system is in 10% tidi then the fight has only progressed by 2 minutes at the time you arrive.

Jafit McJafitson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-07-03 19:51:38 UTC
Kashmyta wrote:
Jafit McJafitson wrote:
Inxentas Ultramar wrote:
From a lowsec perspective: PL is capable and most of all willing to hotdrop your 3 BC lowsec gatecamp with 40 ships and a titan. It's this willingness that makes them so dangerous (and unloved by some). In our home system we are taking over the POCOs, the ones that are left all belong to blues or PL. We are reluctant to attack PL's lowsec assets because we simply cannot scale up to their level of engagement, nor survive the Titan onslaught should PL decide we are trouble enough to evict.

Titans can't even doomsday in lowsec. More likely they'd drop dreds and slowcats... maybe supercariers too, but not titans.

Sala Cameron once cynoed on top of me me in lowsec, I was just in a cruisers, off gate then a maller landed, popped cyno then I had Salas Rag on top of me :).

So yes, they most definitely do drop titans in low sec, even for just a cruiser kill. I managed to slowboat back to gate and jump out :)

How long ago was that? Because titans can't track subcaps anymore
Vrenth
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2013-07-03 19:55:38 UTC
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:
They have a very large super fleet and love to drop it.

DROP IT

PL's drops are harder than Skrillex.
Naes Mlahrend
Devil's Horsemen
#27 - 2013-07-03 20:00:03 UTC
Every time you masturbate, PL hotdrops a kitten.
Zane Lowe
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2013-07-03 20:11:41 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:
Kijo Rikki wrote:
They are in a good place, they don't have personal sov space to worry about defending

Ah but they do. If you look at the sov map in the northeast- most of Perrigen Falls, Malpais, etc. is held under an alliance called: Brothers of Tangra. This is a renter alliance set up and maintained by PL. So they have surrounded themselves with allies and blues to help defend this space.

The beauty of it is PL doesn't have to defend that space, just own it. Everyone in null knows that if you attack it, PL will just roll you. You don't mess with the kings of losec.
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#29 - 2013-07-04 09:19:50 UTC
PL - a retirement home for bitter-vets

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Varesk
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2013-07-04 09:24:03 UTC
Vrenth wrote:
Liafcipe9000 wrote:
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:
They have a very large super fleet and love to drop it.

DROP IT

PL's drops are harder than Skrillex.

Considering Skrillex sucks, I will have to agree with you.
Khadi Nakrar
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2013-07-04 13:14:34 UTC
@op, go to youtube, search on Y2-ANO Pandemic Legion Titan and see.

Also go read up on their fountain history.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2013-07-04 15:05:49 UTC
We lose all the time tbh, our fleets die just as easily as everybody else's. I think the thing that mainly makes us different from most is that we'll always pull the trigger, and a lot of people are too risk averse to do the same in return. Oh, and we have a pretty nice intel network, so that helps.

Other groups like NCdot do pretty much the same things we do, we're not that special, its just a long standing myth that we're the boogey man of 0.0, and we have often engineered the removal of many people in 0.0, but we've never done any of it alone, but for some reason people always tag us with th credit.

Basically don't believe everything you hear about us

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2013-07-04 15:18:09 UTC
Sometimes I wake up at night covered in sweat and babbeling about cynos.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Kuar Z'thain
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#34 - 2013-07-08 03:31:48 UTC
Silivar Karkun wrote:
i see people talk for their titans, but i seem to remember they have and USE! a Revenant supercarrier too.... Shocked

Yup, that happened.
Mei Sui
Hades Covenant
#35 - 2013-07-08 03:37:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Mei Sui
On a side note, not all PL drops have a happy ending. And yeah... about that Revenant...
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2013-07-08 03:50:38 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
We lose all the time tbh, our fleets die just as easily as everybody else's. I think the thing that mainly makes us different from most is that we'll always pull the trigger, and a lot of people are too risk averse to do the same in return. Oh, and we have a pretty nice intel network, so that helps.

Other groups like NCdot do pretty much the same things we do, we're not that special, its just a long standing myth that we're the boogey man of 0.0, and we have often engineered the removal of many people in 0.0, but we've never done any of it alone, but for some reason people always tag us with th credit.

I hear you have 12 spies in BL.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Aiwha
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#37 - 2013-07-08 03:54:24 UTC
Silivar Karkun wrote:
i see people talk for their titans, but i seem to remember they have and USE! a Revenant supercarrier too.... Shocked

Well.

They did.

Are you psychic?

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#38 - 2013-07-08 04:08:53 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

we have more in your corp, hth

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2013-07-08 04:12:56 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

Yeah, so they tell me.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#40 - 2013-07-08 04:25:35 UTC
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
James Amril-Kesh wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:

Yeah, so they tell me.

That's not really that bragworthy, is it?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Previous page123Next page