These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why are people still waering glasses thousands of years in future?

Author
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#61 - 2013-07-06 07:16:46 UTC
For some reason Amarr Scripture bans glasses....Can't find it though.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Daisai
Daisai Investments.
#62 - 2013-07-06 08:46:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Daisai
Because glasses work, we currently have contact lenses we can laser your eyes but still people choose to wear glasses.
Its also a fashion item for some people.
Raptors Mole
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#63 - 2013-07-06 11:29:00 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:

It doesn't "ban" them, but they must cover everything down to the ankles.
Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
#64 - 2013-07-06 11:36:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jackie Fisher
In the future glasses are a sentient species. Some of them chose to sit on a human face for erotic pleasure.

Fear God and Thread Nought

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#65 - 2013-07-06 13:22:51 UTC
I wear a skintight silver bodysuit, since we are in the future and all.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Hells Merc
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#66 - 2013-07-06 15:08:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Hells Merc
Doav Inarvo wrote:
Its just ******* stupid to think people would still be wearing glasses this far in the future, not to mention they look god awful on all the characters I've seen them on.

I'm not talking about the gogles but the glass type of glasses, why the hell???

Too much masturbation.

Damn word police!!!!

ok engaging stealth anti censorship mode.....

•AeA – bash the bishop – bate – beat it – beat off – beat (one's) meat – beat the bishop – beat the kids – bop the bishop – buck the slobbering donkey – choke (one's) chicken – choke the chicken – cook up a batch – crack one off – date Miss Michigan – date Mrs. Palmer – double-click (one's) mouse – drop the kids off at the pool – fap – five knuckle shuffle – flick (one's) bean – flick the bean – flog (one's) log – flog the bishop – flog the log – frig – go to the bank – have a date with Rosey Palmer – have a date with Rosey Palmer and her five sisters – have a tug of war with Cyclops – have a **** – have sex with (one's self) – hump (one's) fist – jack off – jerk it – jerk off – jerk (one's) gherkin – jerk the gherkin – jerk the johnson – jill off – junior Olympic pole vaulting – kill a kitten – master debater – paint the ceiling – pet (one's) kitty – pet the bunny – play pocket pinball – play with (one's self) – pluck (one's) twanger – plunk (one's) twanger – polish (one's) knob – polish (one's) pearl – polish the family jewels – polish the pearl – pound (one's) pud – pudwhack – pud wrestle – pull (one's) pud – pull the pud – punch (one's) clown – punch the clown – punch the munchkin – punish percy – rough up the suspect – rub one off – rub one out – self-abuse – self-love – sex with someone you love – shake the creamer – shlick – skin off – slap the salami – smack Lester – snap – spank – spank bank – spank it – spank (one's) monkey – spank the monkey – stranger – stranger, the – stroke it – stroke (one's) salami – stroke the salami – torque it – toss – tosser – toss off – wack off – **** – wanker – **** it – **** off – wax the dolphin – whack it – whack off – yank it......
MR DEMOS
DKL Fringe Division
3 Jackals
#67 - 2013-07-06 16:12:33 UTC
The reason why they wear glasses is becasue they dont have hats... Think we have been asking for Hats Since they opened the clothing market. Fail CCP at it again....
Eli Green
The Arrow Project
#68 - 2013-07-06 16:30:44 UTC
What about glasses?

wumbo

Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#69 - 2013-07-06 17:11:21 UTC
Why are people still wearing ties? We don't need them to hold our collars together any more.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#70 - 2013-07-06 20:39:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Rico Minali
Arduemont wrote:
Why are people still wearing ties? We don't need them to hold our collars together any more.

And why do women with no **** wear bra's? I mean if I didn't have any feet I wouldn't wear shoes...

CCP Censorship fail... Breasts, Bosoms, Boobs, whatever you want to call them. pff

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Arashi Sano
Ruby Dynasty
#71 - 2013-07-07 07:44:50 UTC
Arduemont wrote:

or why do people still wear wrist watches when most of them also have the time on phones, e-readers, etc.
Lipbite
Express Hauler
#72 - 2013-07-07 09:15:10 UTC
If there was such (cooling) technology I'd wear a glass helmet (like those in previous version of character editor). Don't really want to breath your bacteria and spaceships exhaust.
TechDealer
Why..So..Serious..
#73 - 2013-07-07 12:49:54 UTC
Cool
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#74 - 2013-07-07 12:52:07 UTC
It's Just ******* stupid people make topics like this.

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#75 - 2013-07-08 20:48:56 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:

Here it is:

"Put no shades upon your eyes, for I give to you hoodies to wear over your heads, that you be the only race in New Eden that may have them."
- The Scriptures, Book of Reclaiming 98:13
BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
#76 - 2013-07-08 21:15:50 UTC
Who ever said they were needed?
Maybe they are choices.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#77 - 2013-07-08 21:38:26 UTC
To hide their dilated pupils without requiring implant replacement.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#78 - 2013-07-08 21:40:23 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
To hide their dilated pupils without requiring implant replacement.

Big smile So that's what those Odin Eye things are for.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#79 - 2013-07-09 02:58:54 UTC
In 23000 years people will still be wearing glasses because we can guarantee people will still be touching themselves.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Singu L'arity
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#80 - 2013-07-09 06:13:34 UTC
I've heard that fashion goes in circles, maybe it's that time of millennia again.