These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

NeX Items: Overpriced?

Author
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#21 - 2013-07-05 04:20:16 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
The Noble Exchange was intended as a luxury goods store. The purpose of the store was to sell prestige, not cheap bling.
Too bad it never achieved this purpose. In fact, that's not bad at all — it means they can safely excise this unfinished bit of pre-alpha code and insert the actual content through regular and sane means instead without breaking anything.
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#22 - 2013-07-05 07:10:38 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:

The Noble Exchange was intended as a luxury goods store. The purpose of the store was to sell prestige, not cheap bling. For this, the Noble Exchange has been amazingly successful, witness the monocle wearer's club threads on this forum and the tears everywhere else.

Except for the most part, those "luxury goods" where quite bland and the standard clothes actually looked better.
With the monocle the nocticable (only?) exception. Which then leaves the question why CCP didn´t yet implement that new laser eyewear.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#23 - 2013-07-05 07:34:26 UTC
Haute couture is expensive, call the waaaaaambulance! Cool

The way I see it the game converts time into ISK and € into AUR. That's two seperate exchange rates. I like this choice. I never put more € into the game then my sub plan, but I'm definately OK with blowing tons of ISK (time) on vanity stuff. Granted, much of the Nex stuff is pretty overpriced, but that also keeps these vanity items from becoming extremely common. What the Nex Store needs is more quality goods and SOME cheap bling for the ladies. I wouldn't be opposed to cheap alternatives to the 'free' earrings and piercings for example. The sleeve tattoos also look promising.
Hogarth Starbanger
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#24 - 2013-07-05 07:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Hogarth Starbanger
Anela Cistine wrote:
It isn't just a coat. It is a lifetime subscription to coats. Every station in the galaxy has a copy of your coat in your size waiting just in case you ever turn up there. A lifetime subscription is expensive when you are immortal.

Imortal clothes for immortal men. It ain't cheap.

Thats...somewhat logical. CCP make that official.

Edit: And to those who say your naked in pod; bollocks! My pod be pimpin.
Muad 'dib
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-07-05 08:33:05 UTC
You now the really messed up thing about the nex prices.....

10,000 isk is meant to be a TONNE of money to a planet dweller and they manage to clothe themselves and such.

So how come in a space station some, just nicer clothes are multi million isk!?!?!

Spacetax?

Cosmic signature detected. . . . http://i.imgur.com/Z7NfIS6.jpg I got 99 likes, and this post aint one.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#26 - 2013-07-05 08:41:42 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:

10,000 isk is meant to be a TONNE of money to a planet dweller and they manage to clothe themselves and such.

So how come in a space station some, just nicer clothes are multi million isk!?!?!

Spacetax?

Price gouging, nothing new there, it's been happening in the EU and Australia for years. The standard currency conversion seems to be take whatever it costs to buy in the US, add an arbitrary number and then multiply by at least 2.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Debora Tsung
Perkone
Caldari State
#27 - 2013-07-05 08:47:32 UTC
Valiethuar Rahoeskilurn wrote:
Also, what about those items like tattoos and the cool laser monocle? Their listed in the game but can't find them for sale anywhere.

Lol, Laser monoccle. I'd actually buy that just so I can say "we are borg" Lol

Stupidity should be a bannable offense.

Fighting back is more fun than not.

Sticky: AFK Cloaking Thread It's not pretty, but it's there.

Anela Cistine
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-07-05 15:08:50 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Anela Cistine wrote:
It isn't just a coat. It is a lifetime subscription to coats. Every station in the galaxy has a copy of your coat in your size waiting just in case you ever turn up there. A lifetime subscription is expensive when you are immortal.

Immortal clothes for immortal men. It ain't cheap.

Except we're nude when we're in our pods, so there's no clothing being destroyed. So that excuse doesn't work either.

Yes, we are nude in the pods. So where are the pants?

In a luggage compartment in the pod? If so they are lost if we lose the pod.
In a luggage compartment elsewhere in the ship? If so they are lost if we lose the ship.
In our captain's closet in the last station we undocked from? Then we won't have them if we dock anywhere else.

In order for pants to be on hand whenever we dock, or clone jump, or die and have a new medical clone activated it MUST be a galaxy-wide subscription to pants. Not just empire space either. The pants distributors have to hit all the lowsec and nulsec stations, even the pirate stations. That would cost a fortune.

The only other alternative is even more absurd: Quantum Locked Indestructible Pants. Your pants absolutely can not be destroyed by any means. Even if you get out of your pod and hang around in in a rusty minmatar station for the next 20 years, your pants will be in mint condition. Not only are your pants indestructible, through some sort of poorly understood Jovian ~quantum~ technology they are always with you. Jump clone to the other side of the sector and somehow your pants detect that your consciousness has left your previous clone, the pants zero in on your current location, and appear next to you before you open your eyes. This incredibly useful technology is only used for pants.

Personally, I would have prefered much cheaper destructible pants that existed as physical objects and occupied cargo space. When you undock you either leave your pants behind in the station, or carry them in your cargohold and risk losing them. If you undock without your pants or you clone jump your pants are left behind in that station, and you do not have them when you arrive at a different station. The pants would cost much less, but eventually every player might own dozens, even hundreds, of pairs of pants so they can look cool wherever they go.
Anela Cistine
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2013-07-05 15:09:11 UTC
That's a lot of words about pants.
Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#30 - 2013-07-05 15:15:37 UTC
Valiethuar Rahoeskilurn wrote:
First and foremost, I am not complaining that CCP's NeX idea is terrible. This thread is just about the prices.

Now, on to the discussion: It would appear that some of the NeX items are a tad more expensive then they ought to be. I was in Jita the other day and found that on of the Men's Sterling Dress Shirts/coats (forgot which particular one) was selling for 500 mill ISK, another one for 900mill, and an Ishukone one for over 1200mill ISK. If you go into the USD part of that, just getting a nice looking coat for your character is going to run you $60 USD unless your a billionaire (not that getting money is difficult, it's just very time consuming). Seriously; who's gonna pay that much just to get a nice looking piece of cosmetics?

Alright, yes, I know what your thinking. "Well you don't have to get it if you don't want to. You go grind that money to buy it". Or you might be thinking: "Well, it's CCP's fault. Blame them". (Note: Considering the fact that the system has already been implemented there really is no point in removing it). Look here; all I'm trying to explain is that it would be very nice of the devs to lower the prices on their more expensive merchandise. Everything else seems fine.

Your opinion?

How do you determine the value of worthless fluff that adds nothing to the gameplay experience? Shocked

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#31 - 2013-07-05 16:01:09 UTC
Check out my fancy new battleship! I paid 212mil for it. It can fly in space, fit weapons and other modules, it can help swing the outcome of battles. It was a great investment. what did you buy?

A pair of pants.

How much?

450mil.

Holy ****! those pants must be phenomenal! Do they give you superpowers? Storage for magic dust? Increase in armor HP? Can they fit upgrades like the DUST dropsuits?

No.

What do they do then?

They cost 450mil and hug my crotch like nobody's business, and I can only wear them in my portrait and in my CQ where no one can see me.

Doesn't sound like a wise investment.

Kinda wish I would have bought the Navy Apoc instead...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

BadAssMcKill
Aliastra
#32 - 2013-07-05 16:07:36 UTC
Muad 'dib wrote:

Spacetax?

This is apparently somewhere in the fluff but yeah, Concord or someone charges an insane tax on regular items so capsuleers don't go too crazy buying staff
Domanique Altares
Rifterlings
#33 - 2013-07-05 16:11:03 UTC
NeX items are perfectly priced to part fools from their money, and alternatively give people who have way more ISK than they will ever need to play the game something to spend it on.
Just Lilly
#34 - 2013-07-05 16:19:00 UTC
They should start expanding the NeX store

So I can get more ingame content to spend my isk on Blink