These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Yellow Wrecks

Author
Lexs
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-07-03 20:20:29 UTC
Quick question...

I understand that one of the penalties of stealing somebody's wreck is that they can legally kill you for (15?) minutes.

My question, however, is whether or not you will also get any kind of security rating hit. Also, does Concorde intervene if you steal a wreck?

Thanks!
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2013-07-03 20:56:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Stealing from a yellow wreck flags you as a SUSPECT level legality flag. There is no security penalty. There is no CONCORD response (CONCORD only responds to criminal level legality flag).

Anybody can attack a suspect, but when they do, they are flagged as being in a LIMITED ENGAGEMENT with the suspect, which allows the suspect to defend her/himself against the aggressor only. There is no CONCORD response (legailty flag < criminal).

Flags:
http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/63443/1/logo2_actions2flags.png

Consequences:
http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/63443/1/logo2_flags2consequences.png

Dev Blog - Introducing the new and improved Crimewatch
EVElopedia - Crimewatch
Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-07-03 21:00:08 UTC
Lexs wrote:
Quick question...

I understand that one of the penalties of stealing somebody's wreck is that they can legally kill you for (15?) minutes.

My question, however, is whether or not you will also get any kind of security rating hit. Also, does Concorde intervene if you steal a wreck?

Thanks!

When you steal, make sure it's in a quiet place, and that the victim doesn't have friends in system. Stealing is a good way to get potential victims to shoot you so you can wreck them.

Concord will not intervene if you have a limited engagement with a pilot who attacks you while you are suspect flagged.

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Lexs
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-07-03 21:44:42 UTC
So, once I steal their wreck... if they shoot me first, I'm allowed to kill them without repercussions?
Thomas Builder
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-07-03 21:51:42 UTC
Lexs wrote:
So, once I steal their wreck... if they shoot me first, I'm allowed to kill them without repercussions?

Without repercussions from CONCORD, yes.

As for players ... given that everyone can shoot you, they could invite the whole system to come and help kill you.
Lexs
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-07-03 23:44:40 UTC
Thomas Builder wrote:
Lexs wrote:

Without repercussions from CONCORD, yes.

As for players ... given that everyone can shoot you, they could invite the whole system to come and help kill you.

I like my chances.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#7 - 2013-07-04 08:08:47 UTC
It should be mentioned that you are free to salvage any wreck. Only looting a wreck has consequences.
Snaggletooth Slackjaw
Banana Moon Industries
#8 - 2013-07-04 11:19:05 UTC
Don't accidently shoot or ECM a yellow wreck......that will get you concorded.....

CEO, Banana Moon Industries. Alliance Diplomat, Rim Worlds Protectorate

Cannibal Kane
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2013-07-04 11:27:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Cannibal Kane
Lexs wrote:
Quick question...

Thanks!

Just for clarity sake since I did not see it mentioned in here.

Looting a wreck makes you a suspect. Which means EVERYBODY in the EVE verse not just the target can shoot at you for 15 minutes.

"Kane is the End Boss of Highsec." -Psychotic Monk

BoSau Hotim
Uitraan Diversified Holdings Incorporated
#10 - 2013-07-04 18:47:32 UTC
Just keep your safeties to green or yellow and you can't do anything that allows Concordokken. Setting your safety to red is when you are allowing yourself to do criminal/concord behavior.

I'm not a carebear... I'm a SPACE BARBIE!  Now... where's Ken?

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#11 - 2013-07-04 19:27:03 UTC
Snaggletooth Slackjaw wrote:
Don't accidently shoot or ECM a yellow wreck......that will get you concorded.....

Doing the same to a blue wreck will result in the same consequences.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack