These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

dreadnought + alt vs anomalies ?

Author
pisula tisicpecto
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-07-04 09:08:53 UTC
Might this get efficient in some sort of dn with tracking and sensor boosters + alt with webs and target painters or something ? For example moros loaded with 3 magstabs, siege2,rest tracking enhacing stuff with ions + iron charges does 5000dps at 50+50km with tracking of 425mmrail, so it shouldn't have problem hitting, but the locking stays the problem, which may be reduced by target painters and stuff. 5mins in siege to run anomalies?:P

Any ideas what dn + what alt with what fitting might make this work? If any ?
Oska Rus
Free Ice Cream People
#2 - 2013-07-04 09:18:26 UTC
Blaping dreads is pretty standard way to run C5-6 WH anomalies. I think it might work in Kspace as well. I always wondered why noone did it.
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#3 - 2013-07-04 10:58:57 UTC
If you siege a Dread in an anom, it will explode. You can just take 2 battleships and do about the same, and not lose 4bil when they explode.

If you absolutely have to try it though, you'll want a Loki to we and paint for you, because you will have trouble hitting things.
pisula tisicpecto
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-07-04 11:09:01 UTC
Paikis wrote:
If you siege a Dread in an anom, it will explode. You can just take 2 battleships and do about the same, and not lose 4bil when they explode.

If you absolutely have to try it though, you'll want a Loki to we and paint for you, because you will have trouble hitting things.

Lets pretend i have "safe" sov space. And no 2 bs will put out 5000-15000 dps
Paikis
Vapour Holdings
#5 - 2013-07-04 11:17:39 UTC
pisula tisicpecto wrote:
Paikis wrote:

Neither will your Moros. Tracking and sig radius issues.
Kirkwood Ross
Golden Profession
#6 - 2013-07-04 16:18:18 UTC
You'd be better off ratting in an Avatar + Alt.
Dyphorus
Inritus Astrum
#7 - 2013-07-05 15:07:07 UTC
Just use a carrier.
Alexander McKeon
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-07-05 21:39:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexander McKeon
I regularly use my Naglfar to run anoms, so here are my thoughts: you definitely want a loki with faction webs / painters and mindlinked skirmish boosts in order to be effective. In full DPS setup, I run with triple sebos / triple scripted tracking computers resulting in about a 13-second lock time and tracking of about .011 rad / s. You also need a way to keep the Loki up, I don't see a way in pyfa to get a good active armor tank; we have to use triage carriers, but I don't think most nullsec sites require a 10k DPS tank.

That's a minimum of four ships; Dread, booster so you get a proper web range, webbing loki & a logistics ship that can locally tank the rats and provide remote reps, ideally a carrier so that you can refit your dread on the fly if the rats look to be breaking your tank. Every once in a while we have someone who needs to go siege red and get triage reps if the rats really don't like 'em.

When you consider that your average nullsec battleship has at MOST 15-20k EHP, and it requires 13 seconds to lock but only a volley or two to kill, a dreadnought for k-space anoms would be just plain silly; you require a lot of support to be able to apply your DPS and won't do the site as fast as an equal number of well-fit battleships.
Sandrestal
Pakistani Taxi Drivers
#9 - 2013-07-07 22:31:39 UTC
Just get 2 Macharel's.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-07-07 22:41:10 UTC
Oska Rus wrote:
Blaping dreads is pretty standard way to run C5-6 WH anomalies. I think it might work in Kspace as well. I always wondered why noone did it.

cos sieging a dead in a kspace anom seems like a solid plan ;)

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

XXSketchxx
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#11 - 2013-07-08 11:40:20 UTC
pisula tisicpecto wrote:

Where exactly would this be? Please say Fountain or Delve.

Quote:
You'd be better off ratting in an Avatar + Alt.

Good luck, ratting titan days are unfortunately over.
Megnamon
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2013-07-09 17:29:54 UTC
Sandrestal wrote:
Just get 2 Macharel's.

This. Or a Navy Dominix with sentry drones and a Guardian to keep it alive. Put armor reps in the Domi highs to rep the guardian when rats switch DPS. Or just use a carrier as already said. If you do go with a dread, please rat in my region so my corpies and I can "help" you :)
pisula tisicpecto
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-07-10 08:03:46 UTC
Megnamon wrote:
Sandrestal wrote:
Just get 2 Macharel's.

This. Or a Navy Dominix with sentry drones and a Guardian to keep it alive. Put armor reps in the Domi highs to rep the guardian when rats switch DPS. Or just use a carrier as already said. If you do go with a dread, please rat in my region so my corpies and I can "help" you :)

The point of this post was to know if it is possible to apply atleast some low DN dmg in anomalies. so if you have nothing to say, pls defer of posts like just use 1300dps carrier, or 2 BS or sentry domi ?, which is bilion km from DN dmg.
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-07-10 08:24:03 UTC
pisula tisicpecto wrote:
... which is bilion km from DN dmg.

Your plan is to siege up in anomalies?, i'm no dreadnought expert, but is that really such a great idea?

Anyways, the EFT DPS graph for a Moros with perfect skills seems to suggest that you should be able to track battleship, but you are going to have problems with anything smaller.

You probably want to bring something that can kill the small stuff and use the dread for the battleships.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

hamham
Viper-Squad
Triumvirate.
#15 - 2013-08-01 14:13:40 UTC
work
revelations + nightmare
anomalies finish under 5 minits or sometimes 10 minits.
but ITS EXTREMLY hard to mage targets and target painter.
you need target painter x 2
sometimes kill all bs befrore kill fregates :)) and lose time
after 1-2 hour in this config "reve+night" I'm tired as if I worked 8 hours in rl.

easy way and more relaxant is thanatos + 1 new dominix ... is more eficient.
RonPaul Rox
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2013-08-02 04:40:50 UTC
reason #1
http://eve.battleclinic.com/calculators.php#tracking

reason #2
some anoms will take six minutes, you can siege for either 5 or 10 minutes. Unsieged dps is terrible, so you will be sitting in the anom for 4 minutes twiddling your thumbs

reason #3 neut stumbles into your system, has up to 4 minutes and 59 seconds to tackle you and batphone in help

Personally I wish CCP would make this viable, currently however it is not

http://imgur.com/EGjYLSL