These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dusties and Station Guests

Author
smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-07-03 15:46:02 UTC  |  Edited by: smokess
Edit: I've created a F&I thread for this subject. Please support it.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=255505&find=unread

Quick question (Did a Google but couldn't find any concrete info unfortunately).

I've turned off Dust players appearing in local chat (though I can still read their cretinous chatter unfortunately).

How do I stop them from appearing in the station guest list?

Thanks.
Dorrann
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2013-07-03 15:52:23 UTC
I'd like to know how to not see anything from these bunnies too. Every time I see them talking its usually a SmackTalk festival filled with nothing but standard FPS player BS about how awesome they are and how crap everyone else is.

I have no interest in DUST, and want less contact with it and its players, not more.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#3 - 2013-07-03 15:53:04 UTC
I wish to take their faces

off

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

BoBoZoBo
MGroup9
Quantum Cafe
#4 - 2013-07-03 15:58:30 UTC
Dorrann wrote:
Every time I see them talking its usually a SmackTalk festival filled with nothing but standard FPS player BS about how awesome they are and how crap everyone else is.

Completely unlike SmackTalk festival filled with nothing but standard MMO/EVE player BS about how awesome they are and how crap everyone else is.

Primary Test Subject • SmackTalker Elite

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2013-07-03 16:08:10 UTC
If it wasn't for the pre-teen members of the FPS generation and their constant reporting of their after hours exploits with my mother in the bedroom, id never know where she was or how she was doing.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#6 - 2013-07-03 16:11:29 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
If it wasn't for the pre-teen members of the FPS generation and their constant reporting of their after hours exploits with my mother in the bedroom, id never know where she was or how she was doing.

Im doing fine deary thanks for asking <3

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Ilkahn
Ideal Mechanisms
#7 - 2013-07-03 16:13:12 UTC
I've found the best way to deal with dust bunnies is to invite them into your Freightor, pack it till it's full, and tell them to each please hold up a PLEX and wave it out the window to all the nice pilots on the gate when you jump into JITA.

Jettisoning them into deep space doesn't seem to get rid of them. They multiply like amarrian rats, I mean they are very pesky. Each time you manage to snap one of their little necks you see 2 more running down the street on the planets. Terrible, just terrible.
Maximillian German
Task Force Coalition
#8 - 2013-07-03 16:23:23 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

off

Have I ever mentioned that you are my favorite person?
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#9 - 2013-07-03 16:24:01 UTC
Maximillian German wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

off

Have I ever mentioned that you are my favorite person?

I like you too, sweetie xx

RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-07-03 17:37:26 UTC
You could try to ignore them but thats no fun, you could try and scam them oh thats right there is no connection to eve via dust, you could berate them in local but that just feeds the rabbits which in turn leads to rabbit pellets in local. I have no idea how you get rid of the pimple faced teenagers other than closing eve. So CCP where is the interaction between dust and eve why cant we scam them or steal from them or do anything but bombard the stupid planet?

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

gargars
Willco Inc.
#11 - 2013-07-03 17:54:24 UTC
Back on subject, I agree with the OP.

I was kind of shocked when setting the Dust players to not display, all it meant was they wouldn't show in the list of who was in local... their (annoying) chat still displayed as they talked.

Whoever decided to blend both games into the same local channel was nuts. The only thing more annoying than smack talk in local is smack talk about TWO DIFFERENT GAMES at the same time. Roll

Was further surprised that they all show in the station guest list. Annoying and a bit stupid because they are on planets and NEVER in the stations. Roll

Burl en Daire
M.O.M.S. Corp
#12 - 2013-07-03 18:00:27 UTC
gargars wrote:
Back on subject, I agree with the OP.

I was kind of shocked when setting the Dust players to not display, all it meant was they wouldn't show in the list of who was in local... their (annoying) chat still displayed as they talked.

Whoever decided to blend both games into the same local channel was nuts. The only thing more annoying than smack talk in local is smack talk about TWO DIFFERENT GAMES at the same time. Roll

Was further surprised that they all show in the station guest list. Annoying and a bit stupid because they are on planets and NEVER in the stations. Roll

Except for when we are in our quarters. We move from the station to the war barge and then down to a planet. 1/3 of our time is in a station.

Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why. Hunter S. Thompson

smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2013-07-03 20:51:51 UTC
My chief gripe is that I cannot remove them from station guest list. I appreciate that the Devs are trying to connect two games accross separate platforms, and fair play to them for the attempt.

Frankly howver if I am trying to monitor war targets and other undesirables who are docked in station, having 50 Dust players in station with me is highly annoying.

We can fly around the galaxy in massive ships, travelling at ridiculous speeds, firing weapons of mass destruction at each other, having our ships do clever things with nanites to instantly repair damage sustained but pod pilots are unable to filter station guest lists or local chat of planetside people or land based mercenaries? Not really believable...
RomeStar
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#14 - 2013-07-03 20:57:00 UTC
smokess wrote:
having 50 Dust players in station with me is highly annoying.

Dont worry the way the game is going now hopefully there wont be any soon.

Signatured removed, CCP Phantom

Aidan Brooder
Dynasphere Ltd.
#15 - 2013-07-04 01:59:58 UTC
I actually found most of the Dusties I talked to quite ok. Some are really nice, even.

And - smack talk? Really? Whew, as if local in EVE ain't full of that at times...

Blog: http://aidanbrooder.wordpress.com My EVE Playlist on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSNuHY7z8n1q1BdLvW2verIfH8vvWtz_x

Dorrann
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2013-07-04 07:55:43 UTC
Smalktalk in Local from EVE players is fine, they are part of the game I'm playing. DUST is not. I havent bought the game and dont intend to. Watching a bunch of idiots slag off the game i'm playing and having no way to silence them other then Blocking each one individually is bloody irritating.

In my opinion, Dust brings nothing to EVE but irritation. For those of us who wish to have as little contact with the players of that game as possible the ability to turn off their channels and visibility completely would be extremely welcome and would have absolutely no impact on the Bunnies enjoyment of their game.

CCP wants to break new ground wit this concept, fair play to them, but give people who dont want to be part of their experiment the ability to continue using the game they DO want without being subjected to the cretinous ramblings of the loudmouths who arent even playing EVE but have free access to EVEs communication links.
smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-07-04 08:14:52 UTC
Thebriwan
LUX Uls Xystus
#18 - 2013-07-04 08:17:59 UTC
The hurt in this one is very strong.

If I was to ignore the meaningless chatter of my fellow pilots - how would I go about?

Just use the functionality provided to (hint) ignore (end hint) certain people.

And about the whole feature: HTFU!
smokess
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2013-07-04 08:21:15 UTC
Thebriwan wrote:
The hurt in this one is very strong.

If I was to ignore the meaningless chatter of my fellow pilots - how would I go about?

Just use the functionality provided to (hint) ignore (end hint) certain people.

And about the whole feature: HTFU!

I think you have missed the point of this thread, as have quite a few other responses. I don't care about Dusties talking in local, I don't read local anyway other than to see if WTs give away their positions or ships.

All I ask is that I can filter the station guest list in the same way as local. It exists for one already, why not the other?
Aquila Shadow
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-07-04 08:25:00 UTC
You could just leave the system, its not like they occupy every local channel in EVE.

"Let Vigilance Be Your Sword"

12Next page