These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Wife/GF gives you an hour on EVE: How do you spend your time?

Author
Korlia
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-07-03 18:54:51 UTC
I purposely posted in Sci/Ind - Lets pretend wasting rats isn't an option.

The kid is napping, the wife wants to watch her show, and you manage to kick back for a cool 60 minutes. How do you spend your time?

I love the depth of this game. I've dropped and picked it up so many times since 2007 I've lost count... But I find myself without any in game goals, which is what keeps me driven. Pretend for a second that you're maxed in all things science/indy. What do you find entertaining if you don't have the time for large 0.0 roams, or even L4's? If you could only log in for 1 hour segments, how would you keep yourself busy?

i find myself logging in, salivating over the market, and logging back off.

I'm jaded and I don't wish to be.
Tinu Moorhsum
Random Events
#2 - 2013-07-03 19:14:23 UTC
Korlia wrote:
I purposely posted in Sci/Ind - Lets pretend wasting rats isn't an option.

The kid is napping, the wife wants to watch her show, and you manage to kick back for a cool 60 minutes. How do you spend your time?

I love the depth of this game. I've dropped and picked it up so many times since 2007 I've lost count... But I find myself without any in game goals, which is what keeps me driven. Pretend for a second that you're maxed in all things science/indy. What do you find entertaining if you don't have the time for large 0.0 roams, or even L4's? If you could only log in for 1 hour segments, how would you keep yourself busy?

i find myself logging in, salivating over the market, and logging back off.

I'm jaded and I don't wish to be.

Well.... there are two things I can do in an hour per day that make fairly good money

PI

and

T2 manufacturing.

An hour a day on PI (assuming ideal conditions) you can make about 3bil a month

An hour a day on T2 manufacturing and you can make about that much again but it's more complex and involves more active steps

Playing the market can also be done in an hour a day but you would make considerably less isk per hour than either of the options I noted above.

Lucy Ferrr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-07-03 19:29:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Lucy Ferrr
<3
Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#4 - 2013-07-03 19:45:45 UTC
Lucy Ferrr wrote:
I guess if it were me I would be trying to meet one of those 5%'ers that are female and play EVE so I could find a new wife that doesn't tell me what I can and can not do with my time.

Does your wife need a permission slip to watch her show like you do to play your game?

Edit: I realize this comes off as very mean... I don't know why I am so mean today. Sorry. <3

nah its far from mean i see it like this i could be out drinking getting high or f*u*c*king who i please but instead i burn my time playing a game at home where my woman can laugh as my internet space ships blow up
voetius
Grundrisse
#5 - 2013-07-03 20:00:35 UTC
Cap James Tkirk wrote:
Lucy Ferrr wrote:
I guess if it were me I would be trying to meet one of those 5%'ers that are female and play EVE so I could find a new wife that doesn't tell me what I can and can not do with my time.

Does your wife need a permission slip to watch her show like you do to play your game?

Edit: I realize this comes off as very mean... I don't know why I am so mean today. Sorry. <3

nah its far from mean i see it like this i could be out drinking getting high or f*u*c*king who i please but instead i burn my time playing a game at home where my woman can laugh as my internet space ships blow up

that's a hard one TBH, you could try doing something outrageous like ninja'ing PI or plex mods out of null sec using wormholes and blockade runners, takes little time but more attention
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#6 - 2013-07-03 20:35:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
What's this "Wife/GF gives you" shite ? Shocked

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-07-03 20:53:33 UTC
Korlia wrote:

Why would you have to play Eve on her back when she clearly watches her crap when she decides to without asking your permission?

"If I ever catch you watching that crap again without asking me permission you're gonna be out of "meat" for a month !"

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#8 - 2013-07-03 20:55:53 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:
Korlia wrote:

Why would you have to play Eve on her back when she clearly watches her crap when she decides to without asking your permission?

"If I ever catch you watching that crap again without asking me permission you're gonna be out of "meat" for a month !"

starve them B!tches like starving
Korlia
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-07-03 21:51:26 UTC
Sweet Jesus, what's with the complete derailment off the topic and the hate mongering against my wife? I try and make some coy little title, and people completely miss the subtle word play for the (what i thought) was obvious jest. Now we have a womens rights activist commenting, and a handful of others who clearly don't know what family responsibility is.

So let me rephrase this and get back on topic here.

Assume you're over the age of 25 - you've got family that takes up a lot of your time, and it's hard to sneak away for more than an hour at a time because you have real life responsibilities. I realize the core demographic isn't probably people over 30, but I have faith that we have some smart people on these forums who have solid information to contribute.

I like the PI I guess. A bit dry, but a safe way to make money. Freighting may the way to go - haven't really done a whole lot of purchasing on margin, but I do have a charon gathering dust. Never dabbled in T2 production - but it sounds like fun. I think I'll look into that further.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-07-03 22:03:21 UTC
Korlia wrote:
Sweet Jesus, what's with the complete derailment off the topic and the hate mongering against my wife? I try and make some coy little title, and people completely miss the subtle word play for the (what i thought) was obvious jest. Now we have a womens rights activist commenting, and a handful of others who clearly don't know what family responsibility is.

Assume you're over the age of 25 - you've got family that takes up a lot of your time, and it's hard to sneak away for more than an hour at a time because you have real life responsibilities. I realize the core demographic isn't probably people over 30, but I have faith that we have some smart people on these forums who have solid information to contribute.

I like the PI I guess. A bit dry, but a safe way to make money. Freighting may the way to go - haven't really done a whole lot of purchasing on margin, but I do have a charon gathering dust. Never dabbled in T2 production - but it sounds like fun. I think I'll look into that further.

Was obvious this was going to derail hehe, because you know, we're special nerds Lol

PI is a quick stuff to do (not that quick thx to click fest and traveling)

Invention is a soft road too, let them cook and get back for a couple clicks when it's ready.

Exploration can easily take you a bit more than an hour and depends on where you are, low sec is cool, null sec is nice

If you have a market skilled character set buy orders and build stuff is also fun while requiring little attention.

PVP can be a fast activity too, either fast run gang or fast pod ticket home Lol

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Vincenzo Arbosa
Locust Assets
#11 - 2013-07-03 22:23:55 UTC
Korlia wrote:

Dude. Right there with you. My play times are limited. I get an hour or so nightly and binge a bit when I can for as long as I can.. I still have fun, but I am pretty new. Summer is tougher because my daughter is up later than usual so my window of after-bedtime to my bedtime is narrower than usual.

So far I like to spend time doing industry, pi, market, mining, and exploration. If you have a fit ship and a locale in mind exploration doesnt really take that long.

I guess with my limited time in my pod I spend it doing as many different things that I can.
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." 
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2013-07-03 22:51:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Zifrian
T2 production isn't bad. It'll take a while to set up your production but once you figure it all out, you can get a nice little production chain going that would fit your time line. Might be interesting to play the "market game" within the game.

PI could be fun too since there isn't a lot of work after you figure out what you want to do and set up the planets. Again, a mini-market game.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

TEXST
Hadden Excavation and Salvage
#13 - 2013-07-03 23:16:32 UTC
Hour of playtime? I'd spend it doing what I always do. Mine. I've been playing since 2004 and have kinda done everything in the game. The game itself is pretty boring. But what you can do with it to interact with others can be amazing at times. I never could seem to have fun in pvp. Lost ship after ship and spending time refitting just to lose that one soon after got old.

I figured since I could just semi-afk mine everyday and the game basically pay for itself then why not. When I get home from work I fire up the laptop and get my retriever out in the belts while I wash dishes and clean house. I make way enough to cover the plex each month doing that. Every 30 days or so I'll find a new system far off and haul everything out there and mine there. All I really need is a small fix of being in space and flying ships and I'm good.

I used to spend most of my eve time flying around. No joke, I would just auto pilot to the other side of the map and explore all the systems there. It gave me a small sense of being in a different place even though all the systems are really the same anyway.

That's how I play the game.
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#14 - 2013-07-03 23:32:26 UTC
Trade.

Lots and lots of trade.

Using research/industry to help keep a steady flow of certain items.
Zavius Aideron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2013-07-04 00:22:01 UTC
My concern is why are you calling your wife/GF, you're wife/GF? Which is it!?!?! Blink
Zircon Dasher
#16 - 2013-07-04 00:57:38 UTC
I would spend my hour on Eharmony.

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Pitrolo Orti
Doomheim
#17 - 2013-07-04 01:25:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Pitrolo Orti
My GF does the same s#!$/ to me...complains about me playing an internet spaceship game...she can watch Games of Thrones without my permission...when she gets home I need to get off eve but when I visit her I need to watch that BS...F this I am off to eharmony

Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.

Ersahi Kir
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2013-07-04 02:39:28 UTC
I open the in game browser and look at pron. Maybe while shooting an asteroid or doing PI in the background.
stoicfaux
#19 - 2013-07-04 03:28:47 UTC
Korlia wrote:

An hour sounds great until you realize that it's not guaranteed to be an uninterrupted hour. So whatever you choose to do, you have to be able to walk away at a moment's notice.

When the kids and wife are (finally) all asleep you can try doing something uninterrupted, but by then it's late.zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............. and you're too brain dead to do anything serious and you have work in the morning and you promised you would do the dishes since the missus is busy with a baby and ......zzzzzzzz..........

tl;dr You're not going to be playing Even with any regularity until the kids are older, because, you know, your kids childhood and your wife's sanity are more important than Eve. Mostly.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Adunh Slavy
#20 - 2013-07-04 06:16:27 UTC
Trade

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

123Next page