These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Largest sov holding alliance - lost all sov

Author
Sugar Von MurdererTits
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#141 - 2013-07-02 12:54:51 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Sugar Von MurdererTits wrote:
From what I understand, Goons had nothing to do with it except maybe giving some disgruntled, barely active Nulli CEO a bit of advice. It obviously wasn't planned or the mop up operation wouldn't be going so damn fast.

I could be wrong though. Ugh

It's pretty well planned when it goes very smoothly.

It's just history repeating itself.

My point was that it almost certainly wasn't a goon plot to bring down S2N and advance the Fountain war, contrary to what a lot of people seem to be thinking.

According to Totalini over on TM.com:

Quote:

It was Xenophilius Lovegood. A director in LNAW. Xeno used to be a member of the diplo team and High Command in S2N, he got removed from the high command and the diplo team for being inactive for about 6 months. He suddenly became active after this and pretty much emoed out and used his friends account to do as much damage as possible.
Speedkermit Damo
Invicta.
Muffins of Mayhem
#142 - 2013-07-02 14:03:30 UTC
Whats more funny is the sight of Goons frantically backpedalling as it becomes apparant that they have pissed off Pandemic Legion.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

flakeys
Doomheim
#143 - 2013-07-02 15:21:35 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Whats more funny is the sight of Goons frantically backpedalling as it becomes apparant that they have pissed off Pandemic Legion.

From ''mittani gives his regards '''SMUG

to

'''We didn't have anything to do with it'' WHELP

Incoming backfire in 5 4 3 2 1 ..........

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#144 - 2013-07-02 15:25:22 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

We are?
Tyrendian Biohazard
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#145 - 2013-07-02 15:29:30 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

We are?

Certainly contradicts all the "Get in fleet, burn burn burn" pings I've been getting.

I figured PL would've been happy to jump in all their supers/caps to go do something.

Twitch streamer and EVE NT tournament broadcaster.

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2013-07-02 18:14:38 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
For all of you pubbies whining about skill, guile is a skill.

And how you Goons want to destroy EvE too?

That was your original plan.

And since this zebra doesn't change it's stripes......

Please try again with coherent sentences in Spanish or English.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#147 - 2013-07-02 18:34:36 UTC
Quote:

S2NC and OPSEC were disbanded by the account of our former head diplo, whether it was actually him or one of the handful of people we knew had the login to the account is yet to be confirmed.

I love it when people shoot themselves in the foot and admit to account sharing. Big smile

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#148 - 2013-07-02 18:49:28 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Quote:

S2NC and OPSEC were disbanded by the account of our former head diplo, whether it was actually him or one of the handful of people we knew had the login to the account is yet to be confirmed.

I love it when people shoot themselves in the foot and admit to account sharing. Big smile

Wait... account sharing?

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Tyrendian Biohazard
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#149 - 2013-07-02 18:55:52 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Quote:

Wait... account sharing?

Indeed.

22. You may not share your account password with anyone. Infraction of this rule is done at your own risk. Further information on account transfers can be found in the EULA.

Admitting it was shared is going to make the hacking portion much harder to prove as the "hacker" can claim it was shared with them, and it just turns into a big he said/she said.

Leigh Akiga
Kuhri Innovations
#150 - 2013-07-02 19:06:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Leigh Akiga
From what I understand, Goons had nothing to do with it except maybe giving some disgruntled, barely active Nulli CEO a bit of advice. It obviously wasn't planned or the mop up operation wouldn't be going so damn fast.

One thing it did was expose this blue horseshoe. Theres been a lot of talk about the blue donut over the last year and hurf blurf about how nobody wants to fight anybody because of 'sov'

Then goons go on the warpath and everyone with no dog in the race can just show up for fights.

Sov gets dropped in 200 renter systems and all of a sudden Shadoo is tweeting about how he has to resub to 'fix' the problem, the problem being that the rent must flow.

Over 24 hours an ungodly amount of hitpoints and sov is grinded whereas before everyone said it was too much hassle, until the rent is threatened, thus revealing the blue horseshoe and the heart of everything that is wrong in 0.0 today: renters- alliances that will conquer space, not to live or play or cultivate it, but to rent it out, then unsub Sad
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#151 - 2013-07-02 19:20:18 UTC
Leigh Akiga wrote:

One thing it did was expose this blue horseshoe. Theres been a lot of talk about the blue donut over the last year and hurf blurf about how nobody wants to fight anybody because of 'sov'

Then goons go on the warpath and everyone with no dog in the race can just show up for fights.

Sov gets dropped in 200 renter systems and all of a sudden Shadoo is tweeting about how he has to resub to 'fix' the problem, the problem being that the rent must flow.

Over 24 hours an ungodly amount of hitpoints and sov is grinded whereas before everyone said it was too much hassle, until the rent is threatened, thus revealing the blue horseshoe and the heart of everything that is wrong in 0.0 today: renters- alliances that will conquer space, not to live or play or cultivate it, but to rent it out, then unsub Sad

There is a solution.

Let's burn it all down. Time for highsec to declare war on nullsec. No, don't join their corps or rent their systems. Don't sign on to feudalism. Equip and promote noobs to just GO. Already we have low SP players taking out cyno ship in VFK with occasional T2 frig kills.

It's time for highsec to become what goons used to be before goons - and almost all of nullsec too - became "the establishment". It's time to free nullsec from this pissant renter/royaly/feudalism/corporatist grip. The industrial might of highsec and the sheer numbers will be enough. Just about everybody has an extra character slot.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#152 - 2013-07-02 19:47:24 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Leigh Akiga wrote:

There is a solution.

Let's burn it all down. Time for highsec to declare war on nullsec. No, don't join their corps or rent their systems. Don't sign on to feudalism. Equip and promote noobs to just GO. Already we have low SP players taking out cyno ship in VFK with occasional T2 frig kills.

It's time for highsec to become what goons used to be before goons - and almost all of nullsec too - became "the establishment". It's time to free nullsec from this pissant renter/royaly/feudalism/corporatist grip. The industrial might of highsec and the sheer numbers will be enough. Just about everybody has an extra character slot.

You're gonna need Cat herding V to even start that, let alone succede at it.
Tyrendian Biohazard
Ubiquitous Hurt
The WeHurt Initiative
#153 - 2013-07-02 19:51:05 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Leigh Akiga wrote:

There is a solution.

What about Advanced Cat Herding (16x)?

Carebears are carebears for a reason. Have fun roaming around an empty VFK.

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#154 - 2013-07-02 19:54:20 UTC
Tyrendian Biohazard wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Leigh Akiga wrote:

There is a solution.

What about Advanced Cat Herding (16x)?

Carebears are carebears for a reason. Have fun roaming around an empty VFK.

Advanced cat herding only works on carebear who get podded enough to lose thier Selfishness V skill. You can't herd that many cats unless they absolutely stop only looking for thier own profit.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#155 - 2013-07-02 22:11:08 UTC
I have plenty of experience herding cats.

I worked with libertarians. P

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#156 - 2013-07-02 22:35:52 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Quote:

Wait... account sharing?

Since the other option is pretty much 'Halp, I was hacked' as in someone logging into your account without your consent, I would go with sharing indeed if I were the perpetrator. But as we all know,both are against the EULA/TOS .

Baddest poster ever

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#157 - 2013-07-03 18:18:51 UTC
V1P3RR wrote:
Nulli:

"hey lets **** with goons"
"yeah pretty good idea man"

oops somebody lost their stuff.

Perhaps you should go edit this post to match the most recent version of history from your dear leader.

The most recent version is that goons had nothing to do with it.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Lizard Terelli
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#158 - 2013-07-04 19:53:52 UTC
So, um any updates? Who's winning now?