These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drones

First post
Author
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#181 - 2011-10-28 23:23:27 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Also, Affinity only has 30 something likes. THIS MUST BE FIXED!!!!

Everyone like all of her posts :-D

Liking is so yesterday... spread some love :)

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#182 - 2011-10-31 15:06:59 UTC
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Also, Affinity only has 30 something likes. THIS MUST BE FIXED!!!!

Everyone like all of her posts :-D

Liking is so yesterday... spread some love :)

aww :3

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#183 - 2011-10-31 17:25:03 UTC
Any updates today Affinity?
Sniperdoc
Stargate Kommand
#184 - 2011-11-01 19:57:53 UTC
Onictus wrote:

I think I has to do with firing cycles, but you have to get your drone set firing on different rotations in the case of sentries. Once you do if you kill a target with gun, 3 drones will swap to the assigned target and the other two will shoot at whatever they want (usually something you don't want them shooting at) In race cases I've had the ENTIRE set actually change to the desired target and switch off to whatever random thing got on their to-do list.

I think you hit it on the head there... I thought it was supposed to be like that?! When I missioned level 4's in my Ishtar I always had to pay attention to my sentries especially, because they seemed to work off of a firing cycle. Some would immediately switch to the next target (i had to designate), and others would shoot other targets at random, but collectively. IF 3 drones followed my orders, then the other 2 would switch to another target, but both would target the same alternate target.
bongpacks
Rules of Acquisition
#185 - 2011-11-02 04:27:10 UTC
Been having some problems with my drone control window not popping up after putting drones into an empty drone bay while at a POS. Seems it only happens when I drop drones into the drone bay from a stack of drones that's too large to fit all of them into the drone bay. Like with my worm for instance i drop a stack of 40 drones into the drone bay and the window opens up asking me how many I'd like to put into the drone bay from the stack, I type in 10 because that's all the light drones I can hold in the bay and they go into the bay but the drone control window isn't present. Only way to get the drone control window to display is to take the stack of 10 out of the drone bay and then put it back in. So it seems like the only thing that does it is splitting from a stack into the drone bay when the stack is larger than your drone capacity.
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#186 - 2011-11-02 16:52:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Has a fix for drones been found and deployed?

I am asking because I just did a mission where the drones did not mess up in any way ( tested both heavy, light and sentrys )
Its like the first time ever they didnt mess up :D
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#187 - 2011-11-02 16:59:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaako Horizon
Can anyone help me check if they are getting the same results as me?

= focus fire seems to work and no idle + they stick on the selected target

EDIT 1: Thats 2x missions now... same thing, they appear to be working as intended... need to test this more :D :D
EDIT 2: Hmm, while the drone appear to work I am now getting a graphical issue :P I cant see the rats in space until I've targeted them :P ( rats are still shown in the overview )
EDIT 3: False alarm... after a client restart drone issues are back :P Graphical issue was not an issue, it was alt+shift+z :P
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#188 - 2011-11-04 05:41:35 UTC
Bump

Also, "there was silence..."
CCP Masterplan
C C P
C C P Alliance
#189 - 2011-11-04 11:07:17 UTC
I've been looking into this for the past few days. Thanks to a great video from Grey Stormshadow, I've managed to get a simple reliable repro for the case where mining drones go idle shortly after a roid pops and they are assigned to a new one. I'm working through a couple of possible solutions, and also trying to figure out how this applies to combat drones.

"This one time, on patch day..."

@ccp_masterplan  |  Team Five-0: Rewriting the law

CCP Affinity
C C P
C C P Alliance
#190 - 2011-11-04 11:10:09 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
Any updates today Affinity?

CCP Masterplan is on the case - I will update when the testing begins :)

♥ CCP Affinity ♥

Follow me on Twitter

Game Designer for EVE Online

Team Astro Sparkle

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2011-11-04 16:06:36 UTC
CCP Masterplan wrote:
I've been looking into this for the past few days. Thanks to a great video from Grey Stormshadow, I've managed to get a simple reliable repro for the case where mining drones go idle shortly after a roid pops and they are assigned to a new one. I'm working through a couple of possible solutions, and also trying to figure out how this applies to combat drones.

It works exactly same way on combat drones, but as the cycle times on those are way shorter than 60 seconds (like in mining drones), the easiest combat drones to use for reproduction are either sentries or warriors (which move between targets rather fast). When target dies/vanishes it triggers same event than depletion of an asteroid.

Anyway keep up the good work - if you find out a good way to fix mining drones, all the combat drones get fixed on same go.

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#192 - 2011-11-04 21:51:33 UTC
keep em coming :D
Nyio
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#193 - 2011-11-05 06:47:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Nyio
Just started do some missions again after a few weeks break, and I notice the drones are still acting weird.
First thing I've noticed is that they still can't seem to stick to one target even though they are set to Focus Fire.

You guys still want screenshots and bugreports about this drone stuff?
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#194 - 2011-11-05 07:30:52 UTC
Nyio wrote:
Just started do some missions again after a few weeks break, and I notice the drones are still acting weird.
First thing I've noticed is that they still can't seem to stick to one target even though they are set to Focus Fire.

You guys still want screenshots and bugreports about this drone stuff?

Well, CCP Masterplan says " I've managed to get a simple reliable repro"...

= just a matter of time until we have a fix

What for me is kinda odd is that they seem to get the issues with mining drones but not with combat drones.
I will assume that if mining drones are fixed so will the combat drones by default.
Nadine Le'Slut
The-Four-HorseMen
#195 - 2011-11-05 12:03:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Nadine Le'Slut
only sharing my experience, didn't read through the whole thread:

almost reproducable everytime:

fixed window, single client, turret BS with sentries (or whatever drones), drones on focus fire and aggressive.

warp in to mission, launch sentries and let drones engage the first npc that redboxes you in drone control range.
this is ship A.

Engage npc BS (this is ship B) with guns and drones, making them stop firing on ship A.
Engage ship C only with drones while killing off ship B with your guns when you scratch structure.

Drones will refocus on ship A (their initial target) after ship B dies to your guns.
Nadine Le'Slut
The-Four-HorseMen
#196 - 2011-11-05 12:05:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Nadine Le'Slut
---
Svaste
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#197 - 2011-11-08 15:30:39 UTC
126 days and counting since the bug was introduced and reported.

"A lot of the mistakes we made over the summer were known quite well within our community groups, but they were not getting through to the people making the decisions..." -Hilmar

tic toc tic toc
Vaako Horizon
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#198 - 2011-11-08 21:22:14 UTC
SOON™ :(
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#199 - 2011-11-08 22:03:19 UTC
Vaako Horizon wrote:
SOON™ :(

You need more likes too for your work pushing this(and now its not ALWAYS in my active thread list Lol)

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#200 - 2011-11-08 22:43:24 UTC
Dear and beautifull CCP Affinity,

Let drones work as for now...it give them this bit of humanity all robots should have. Something like they have their own volonte, amazing :)

Don't listen all those bitters' Gallentes :p They will allready get a buff on Hybrids this winter, it's enough ! (And oh yes, miners...but who cares about miners :p)