These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Odyssey 1.1] Skill group name changes

First post First post First post
Author
RoAnnon
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#41 - 2013-07-03 15:37:58 UTC
Soden Rah wrote:

How about "Polly-Targeting" and "Advanced Polly-Targeting"?

Then we can use the nickname of "Parroting".

As in "As a Logi Pilot I have to do a lot of parroting to keep my squad alive..."

*facepalm*

I like both the Target Acquisition and Target Management suggestions...

So, you're a bounty hunter. No, that ain't it at all. Then what are you? I'm a bounty hunter.

Broadcast4Reps

Eve Vegas 2015 Pub Crawl Group 9

Houston EVE Meet

Soden Rah
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2013-07-03 15:41:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Soden Rah
RoAnnon wrote:
Soden Rah wrote:

How about "Polly-Targeting" and "Advanced Polly-Targeting"?

Then we can use the nickname of "Parroting".

As in "As a Logi Pilot I have to do a lot of parroting to keep my squad alive..."

*facepalm*

I like both the Target Acquisition and Target Management suggestions...

Hey I was kidding...

And I agree that "Target Acquisition" and "Target Management" are both better suggestions.

EDIT: Also adding my vote to keeping Spaceship Command as piloting just sounds naff.
Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#43 - 2013-07-03 15:51:30 UTC
No offense to you Ytterbium, but as long as somebody else handles the spelling and grammar, I'm all for these changes.

Katrina Oniseki

Deornoth Drake
Vandeo
#44 - 2013-07-03 15:52:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Deornoth Drake
RENAMING SKILLS ... my suggestions

• Targeting: rename to "Basic Targeting".

• Multitasking: rename to "Advanced Targeting" .

SKILL GROUP CHANGES ... my 2 cents

• Armor: Mechanics is a bit strange in there, regarding the name only

• Ship Modifications: I would split rig skills and sub-system skills into two different groups. They have nothing to do which each other

• Scanning: I would recommend to keep the PI group as it is right now and only move the scanning to into this group.

• Spaceship Piloting: no, please stick to Spaceship Command ... and rename the skill to Basic Spaceship Command

And ... when changing primary & secondary attributes be sure to grant skillpoints or bonus remappings (non-exclusive, feel free to grant both).

Edit:
Keeping the PI skills in one group means keeping it simple!
You want to do PI, then train the skills in the corresponding group.

Same for rigs and subsystems. Keep them in separated skill groups.
Atomic Option
NO Tax FAT Stacks
#45 - 2013-07-03 15:59:34 UTC
A few spelling mistakes aside, this is great!

Biology should probably be renamed "Neural Biochemistry" so that it correctly refers to the study of how boosters change the chemistry and biological functioning of neurons. Biology includes plants, animals, bacteria and archaea so it's much too broad for "how boosters affect capsuleers".

Multiple Targeting should be Multi-targeting or Target Management to sound less awkward.
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#46 - 2013-07-03 16:20:46 UTC
The new names are extremely bland, boring and un-SciFi.

But I have further suggestions to make it even more newbie-friendly:
"Navigation" is renamed to "Align-time reduction"
"Shield Management" becomes "MOAR shield"
"Shield Operation" now "MOAR shield FASTER"
"Electronics Upgrades" becomes "Useless skill you need however to get into a Cov Ops"

For the newbies!

Sentient Blade
Crisis Atmosphere
Coalition of the Unfortunate
#47 - 2013-07-03 16:36:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentient Blade
Terrorfrodo wrote:
But I have further suggestions to make it even more newbie-friendly:
"Navigation" is renamed to "Align-time reduction"

Higher max speed = Typically slower align, which is based on agility, mass and acceleration to reach 75% speed.
Michal Jita
Lords Of The Universe
#48 - 2013-07-03 16:42:40 UTC
Subsystem skill group should stay.

On other hand what is going to happen with attributes requirements for each skill group, are they are going to be adjusted given that some skills will change groups, or will each individual skill keep their attribute requirements? Currently we have a clear cut on some groups having very specific requirements and some are mixed, will this get sorted?
Please advice asap will we get some extra remaps to compensate if any changes do occur in requirements.
Kirtar Makanen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-07-03 16:54:05 UTC
Although the proposed changes categorize skills more closely by function, I would note that it also decreases the amount of organization by attribute since for the most part skills in the same group currently have the same primary/secondary. Given that the attribute system can also confuse new players, I'm not sure how I feel about the regrouping.
MrZany
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2013-07-03 17:04:21 UTC
Dislike "space ship piloting" please keep " spaceship command"

navigation could be changed to "engine tuning" or "engine overcharge"
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#51 - 2013-07-03 17:27:43 UTC
"Spaceship Piloting" sounds odd to me. Better keep the old name.

Not sure about Command Center Upgrades and Interplanetary Consolidation in the resource group either.

Besides that it looks like a very decent change.

Remove standings and insurance.

Noriko Mai
#52 - 2013-07-03 17:37:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Noriko Mai
I think "Spaceship Command" should stay, too. "Spaceship Piloting" sounds like something that little boys do.. big boys command!

"Subsystems" should stay. It is about the special subsystems and has nothing todo with modifications like rigs. And if you change the market groups and move subystems together with rigs it will be a mess. This are two totaly different things.

CPU-/Powergrid Grid management sounds not very nice and is imho somehow immersion breaking (and immersion is one of your favourite buzzwords at the moment).

Stay with "Electronics" so we have "Electronics" and "Electronic Systems".
Stay with "Engineering" and change the new" Engineering" to Engineering Systems".

Maybe "Targeting" should be changed to something that reflects the sensor skills.

"Missile Launcher Operation" sounds far better than simply "Missiles".

Maybe change "Gunnery" to "Turret Operation".

"Shield" should be "Shield Operation". And "Armor" somthing like "Armor Management". This adds immersion!!!!111 Smile

"Meh.." - Albert Einstein

Yourm Ammy
State War Academy
Caldari State
#53 - 2013-07-03 17:51:43 UTC
Sounds great, nice work...

.... BUT.... please, leave the subsystems alone. The group should be kept.
Alx Warlord
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-07-03 17:59:23 UTC
Hmm good.

Now make custom certificates. :)
Jin Yuen
Aperture Harmonics
#55 - 2013-07-03 18:04:13 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Cool but "Spaceship Piloting" ? Spaceship Command sounds better

Some other poor schmuck pilots a ship, we COMMAND SPACESHIPS of doom!!
Kyt Thrace
Lightspeed Enterprises
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2013-07-03 18:14:47 UTC
MOVE the Anchoring Skill, it DOES NOT belong under Corporation Management. :P

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Alexila Quant
Versatility Production Corporation' LLC
#57 - 2013-07-03 18:24:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexila Quant
Please do not combine the subsystems group with the rigs group. They are not the same thing and adding 20 skills to the already long rig skill list will be counterproductive.

Please do NOT separate the PI skills into different places. It's counterproductive.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#58 - 2013-07-03 18:27:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
how about renaming hull upgrades to armour integrity so it actually explains that it improves your armour HP
and same with mechanics becoming structural integrity.

maybe split hull upgrades into its own skill because of the other mods that use it still.

Also it begs the question why do Assault frigs need mechanics lv5 as a prereq? .. weapon upgrades lv4 perhaps instead

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#59 - 2013-07-03 18:34:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
Alexila Quant wrote:
Please do not combine the subsystems group with the rigs group. They are not the same thing and adding 20 skills to the already long rig skill list will be counterproductive.

Please do NOT separate the PI skills into different places. It's counterproductive.

perhaps have a rig section on its own and leave the PI section .. it makes more sense you need to reduce the amount of skills in each section really..

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Throktar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#60 - 2013-07-03 18:34:41 UTC
+1 to most of this.

Keep Spaceship Command...I command, I do not "pilot"

Keep Planetary Interaction as is...its all there and what else do you do with it?

Keep Sub-Systems as is...same as above