These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

September 8th patch, what's new

First post
Author
Captain Alcatraz
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#1 - 2011-11-08 20:08:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Alcatraz
CCP Tallest wrote:
Perdition64 wrote:
CCP Tallest, any plans on further developing the hybrid changes before patch day so they can actually make an impact come Winter?

Yes indeed. I was just about to post an update.

* Hybrid turret reload time will be 5 seconds.
* Hybrid ammo will be 50% smaller (and turret capacity reduced to keep same number of charges)
* Blaster damage +5% (except XL turrets)
* Railgun tracking +5% (except XL turrets)

..also, Hail falloff penalty will be 25%, not 0%.

Is that in, also what's new?
Keras Authion
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2 - 2011-11-08 21:14:01 UTC
Shots that actually miss. Picture.

This post was rated "C" for capsuleer.

Avila Cracko
#3 - 2011-11-08 21:15:42 UTC
Keras Authion wrote:

WOW... no way... Big smile

THNX A LOT CCP... Big smile

truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Daedalus Arcova
The Scope
#4 - 2011-11-08 21:16:59 UTC
I just looked at that screenshot, now I need to change my underwear.

Also, it's November!
CCP Choloepus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#5 - 2011-11-08 21:28:16 UTC
Avila Cracko wrote:
Keras Authion wrote:

This feature is still in its early stages, and has a few limitations:

• It's only visible for your own turret shots, or those being aimed at you. Fleet battles otherwise look much like TQ.
  • The first shot when you start cycling your weapons will always look like it hits, sorry.
  • There are definitely bugs with the Singularity version which have been fixed already.

But that aside, please do provide feedback! Smile
FeralShadow
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-11-08 21:31:23 UTC
omgomgomgomgomg im giddy like a 7yr old girl who hears she's gonna get a pony

people are also looking at me weird... so... best feature ever!!!!!!!!!1111oneoneeleven

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Boogalo
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2011-11-08 21:31:56 UTC
from anywhere in system, select jump on a gate and you will warp to 0 and jump. much like docking.

ishkur and enyo look correct now Big smile
Razin
The Scope
#8 - 2011-11-08 21:36:24 UTC
CCP Choloepus wrote:
Avila Cracko wrote:
Keras Authion wrote:

• It's only visible for your own turret shots, or those being aimed at you. Fleet battles otherwise look much like TQ.
  • The first shot when you start cycling your weapons will always look like it hits, sorry.
  • There are definitely bugs with the Singularity version which have been fixed already.

This is a much wanted feature! Please keep working on it!

Man, finding out about all these new features is like having several Christmases in a day.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#9 - 2011-11-08 21:37:31 UTC
CCP Choloepus wrote:
Avila Cracko wrote:
Keras Authion wrote:

... i love you ....
Daedalus Arcova
The Scope
#10 - 2011-11-08 21:39:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Daedalus Arcova
CCP Choloepus wrote:

• Awesome regardless.

Am I right in thinking the client simply doesn't know whether shots fired by other ships, at other ships, hit or miss? Presumably that's why other shots will always appear to hit?

Just for the sake of eye candy, could other ships' turret fire be given the appearance of missing sometimes, or alternatively, could the client detect hits and misses for whatever ship or object the camera is anchored to?
    Daedalus Arcova
    The Scope
    #11 - 2011-11-08 21:41:36 UTC
    Boogalo wrote:

Are the correct skins showing on the other V3'd ships? Does the Comet still look like ****?
    bornaa
    GRiD.
    #12 - 2011-11-08 21:41:41 UTC
    Daedalus Arcova wrote:
    CCP Choloepus wrote:

• Awesome regardless.

Am I right in thinking the client simply doesn't know whether shots fired by other ships, at other ships, hit or miss? Presumably that's why other shots will always appear to hit?

Just for the sake of eye candy, could other ships' turret fire be given the appearance of missing sometimes, or alternatively, could the client detect hits and misses for whatever ship or object the camera is anchored to?

For other ship i would be happy with random hit/miss animations
    [Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)

Boogalo
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #13 - 2011-11-08 21:45:00 UTC
    Daedalus Arcova wrote:
    Boogalo wrote:

Are the correct skins showing on the other V3'd ships? Does the Comet still look like ****?

is there one in particular you want checked? the comet has the camo, but i guess that is technically the "correct" skin for the time being.
    Bienator II
    madmen of the skies
    #14 - 2011-11-08 21:46:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
    Keras Authion wrote:

holy tracking computer!

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Selar Nox
    #15 - 2011-11-08 21:48:32 UTC
    Razin wrote:
    CCP Choloepus wrote:
    Avila Cracko wrote:
    Keras Authion wrote:

This is a much wanted feature! Please keep working on it!

Man, finding out about all these new features is like having several Christmases in a day.

^^Pretty much this :)
    Boogalo
    GoonWaffe
    Goonswarm Federation
    #16 - 2011-11-08 21:48:57 UTC
    "missed" shots really freaked me out at first, i kept looking around to see who else was shooting the rats even though i was alone in overview.

Boogalo wrote:
    Daedalus Arcova wrote:
    Boogalo wrote:

is there one in particular you want checked? the comet has the camo, but i guess that is technically the "correct" skin for the time being.

Vincent Athena
    Photosynth
    #17 - 2011-11-08 21:50:14 UTC
    CCP Choloepus wrote:
    Avila Cracko wrote:
    Keras Authion wrote:

Could it be extended to shots at ships on my watchlist? You send info to my client already about if they are being hit or not....

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

CCP Choloepus
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #18 - 2011-11-08 21:56:40 UTC
    Daedalus Arcova wrote:
    CCP Choloepus wrote:

• Awesome regardless.

Got it in one, this feature is only using information that is currently to hand on the client.

As to the second point, faking the accuracy of other ships is something we'd really like to do eventually, but I'm afraid it's not going to be in the winter expansion.

I'll make a note of the camera anchor point and watchlist, if not for winter then for later! I'd have to check exactly what updates these objects get under fire.
    Razin
    The Scope
    #19 - 2011-11-08 21:57:36 UTC
    CCP Choloepus wrote:
    Avila Cracko wrote:
    Keras Authion wrote:

Hey Choloepus, there's some feedback in this thread. It's mostly the word "Epic" repeated several times, but still!
    bornaa
    GRiD.
    #20 - 2011-11-08 21:57:44 UTC
    For other ships can you make hit/miss animations random???
    so that all shots don't visually hit...

i know that client don't know did that guy actually hit that other guy or did it miss... that's why i am suggesting this...
    [Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)

123Next pageLast page