These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Amarr so bad.

First post
Author
Liafcipe9000
Critically Preposterous
#21 - 2013-07-03 06:39:10 UTC
Nam Dnilb wrote:
Alesha Bau wrote:
Honestly what do amarr do better than any other race?

Impersonating Palpatine.

that's 1 of the 3 uses for Amarr.

#2 is mining.
#3 is lightshows.

Intar Medris wrote:
HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE HOLY AMARR EMPIRE?!

she didn't insult you, she was just speaking the Truth©.

Oh right I forgot....

umad Amarr Lol
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-07-03 06:42:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Uoweme
Alesha Bau wrote:
Why do they even exist, worst damage, out DPS'd by the other 3 races, terrible damage profile EM/THERM. They have nothing, they have like 4 good ships, what is this i don't even, they outank some races (buffer) by a meager amount.

Amarr are also slow, average range, pretty much average everything, lasers can't track for **** either.

No really i want my amarr SP refunded.

Amarr are paladins, that's why.

Devs make it horrible to play them, but they're the best class ever to play.

Endure it!

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#23 - 2013-07-03 07:44:14 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Alesha Bau wrote:
Why do they even exist, worst damage, out DPS'd by the other 3 races, terrible damage profile EM/THERM. They have nothing, they have like 4 good ships, what is this i don't even, they outank some races (buffer) by a meager amount.

Amarr are also slow, average range, pretty much average everything, lasers can't track for **** either.

No really i want my amarr SP refunded.

Amarr are paladins, that's why.

Devs make it horrible to play them, but they're the best class ever to play.

Endure it!

Yah the paladin is like the only good reason. But why fly a paladin when you can fly a nightmare?

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#24 - 2013-07-03 08:53:06 UTC
BEST TRUE MEME: CCP hates armour ( ESPECIALLY pVe WISE )
An' then Chicken@little.com, he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Max Godsnottlingson
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2013-07-03 09:00:20 UTC
The best thing about the Amarr. Good Amarr pilots tend to be those who can go the distance on the 'long game'. We know that our ships are more skill intensive and need more time to get 'uber'. We take pride in that

But we don't mind that, because we can bask in the smug satisfaction that we will still be playing the game long, long after the "I want it all NOW" idiots have skulked off looking for another game that they can win without putting any effort in
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#26 - 2013-07-03 09:07:12 UTC
This is personal experience.

My friend has equal SP with me. He flies a Tengu and steam rolls l4s, gets them done faster, and more efficiently. No changing the fit, no doing anything different. Can aggro a whole entire room.

I fly a Paladin, perfect armor tanking skills, perfect laser skills, I have to change hardeners every mission, I have to manage aggro, I have to move around. I have to use em/therm crystals. I only have enough room in my drone bay for maybe two types of drones.

I really don't care that he can do it 10 times easier. More power to him. Lore wise it doesn't make sense. A Marauder is meant for deep space long term combat. A Tengu is a tiny little cruiser.

Meh, my two isk,

inb4 doing missions wrong, cherry picking missions, HTFU, consequences, anything people say to shut down arguments with clever like quips. Fact of the matter is Amarr is too rigid. If they added the ability to change DPS type it would make it better.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Cpt Constantinus
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2013-07-03 10:12:17 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
This is personal experience.

My friend has equal SP with me. He flies a Tengu and steam rolls l4s, gets them done faster, and more efficiently. No changing the fit, no doing anything different. Can aggro a whole entire room.

I fly a Paladin, perfect armor tanking skills, perfect laser skills, I have to change hardeners every mission, I have to manage aggro, I have to move around. I have to use em/therm crystals. I only have enough room in my drone bay for maybe two types of drones.

I really don't care that he can do it 10 times easier. More power to him. Lore wise it doesn't make sense. A Marauder is meant for deep space long term combat. A Tengu is a tiny little cruiser.

Meh, my two isk,

inb4 doing missions wrong, cherry picking missions, HTFU, consequences, anything people say to shut down arguments with clever like quips. Fact of the matter is Amarr is too rigid. If they added the ability to change DPS type it would make it better.

Buy a Geddon, buy sentries. Perhaps some cruise missiles for added dps as well. Have a good laugh while you pve (doing 900+ dps at 50km is fun )
Some Amarr ships have issues but pulse lasers are imo the best guns in the game (good dps, good range if you bother to train t2). Em/Therm can be problematic but it isn't half bad against most t2 / t3 ships with the exception of Minmatar.
ner00n
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2013-07-03 10:25:08 UTC
With the new changes to amarr battleships armageddons murder capitals.
apocs now destroy the op tengu fleets (with maelstroms)
the abbadon can still do its triple rep tank and 600 dps

the harbinger lost abit of its tank buy does more dp and is a great brall ship

the punish is the most tanky frigate in the game with over 24,000 effective Hp

though the destroyers are abit rubbish

amarr are not bad they just need more skill points invested in them than the other rases to get the full benifit
Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#29 - 2013-07-03 10:29:27 UTC
It is compensated through looks.

No

Khira Kitamatsu
#30 - 2013-07-03 10:37:26 UTC
Amarr ships do suck when compared to most others. You have to have great skills to make them work. Sad too, because Amarr have some wicked looking ships. Vengence is a great little assault frigate, the Heretic isn't bad, and the Harb has a decent tank and good DPS - great all around brawler. But, again, if you do not have good skills - we're talking 5's in all the things that matter - yeah - they suck.

Ponies!  We need more ponies!

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2013-07-03 10:48:53 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
Yah the paladin is like the only good reason. But why fly a paladin when you can fly a nightmare?

I meant, paladins as a class not a ship.

Amarr is a religious faction, and the foot soldier of the religious is the crusader...the paladin.

Devs make them extremely difficult to level, and look like they hate them with a passion with what they can do to them in games (Blizzard even took their armor away or put it in the worst raids ON THE LAST BOSS WITH EXTREMELY LOW DROP RATES).

But if you love the class and like how they play (and/or their role), endure it. Worth all the tea in China. All the others can brag about their pewpewpew, a paladin will be the last standing anywhere holding ground to win.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Praetor Meles
Black Mount Industrial
Breakpoint.
#32 - 2013-07-03 11:01:41 UTC
ner00n wrote:
is a great brall ship

That's the best misspelling of "brawl" I've seen. So far. +1!

[insert random rubbish that irritates you personally] is further evidence that Eve is dying/thriving*

• delete as required to make your point
Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2013-07-03 11:12:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tobias Hareka
Kult Altol wrote:
We are stuck in em/therm damage pattern.

So, Caldari/Gallente is stuck with kin/therm with their hybrid turrets.
CCP, me wants hybrid ammo with em and/or explosive damage!

Also T2 projectile ammo is limited to expl/kin.

Quote:
Our drone ships are not suited for pve very well.

My Dragoon, Prophecy and Geddon NI would like to have a word with you. Haven't tried Geddon with cruises yet. Probably good lazy mode mission ship.

Quote:
Tank got nerfed, the one ting that really made amarr shine.

Like already mentioned, the "one thing" that makes Amarr ships shine is level 5s in every relevant skill (tanking, guns/missiles, support, etc.).
Artirei
Boere Recon 2
#34 - 2013-07-03 11:31:51 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
I been training amarr since I started playing almost two years ago.

And yes all and all I do feel short changed compared to other races. We are stuck in em/therm damage pattern.

Our drone ships are not suited for pve very well.

Tank got nerfed, the one ting that really made amarr shine.

Super slow ships.

Restrictive BS fittings, you NEED cap rigs. And med slot cap mods.

Most pvp corps I've been really don't use amarr.

Honestly if I knew now when I first started I wouldn't have made amarr.

I think this is CCP's Idea, they want you to get another account, because lets face it you have spent to much time training already. So they make you get another one for a different race and they make more moneys :)
Andrea Griffin
#35 - 2013-07-03 11:34:54 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
I been training amarr since I started playing almost two years ago.

[...]

Restrictive BS fittings, you NEED cap rigs. And med slot cap mods..
Let me tell you a little secret about using Amarr ships for PvE. I, too, used to fill my rig slots with CCCs, my mids with cap rechargers, and even a cap power relay or two in the lows. But then Liang Nuren came along and whispered something into my ear:

USE A CAP BOOSTER, YOU BONEHEAD. WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Suddenly, I only needed one mid slot for capacitor and all of the other slots could be dedicated to damage, rate of fire, tracking, and range enhancements. My mission times went from Zero to Hero.

True story.

Secret #2: If you don't feel like buying and hauling cap boosters to your mission system, put up a generous buy order.
Gallowmere Rorschach
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2013-07-03 11:36:57 UTC
I guess all of the people who made the Foxcat/Abaddon/AHAC doctrines should be told that their ships and builds are crap.

Oh, and the Revelation says hi.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#37 - 2013-07-03 11:50:01 UTC
Alesha Bau wrote:
MINMATAR LIES.

Go back to your cave

If you want to play as the Blessed Race, you need to be born into it

The only thing worthwhile is your blood and your slave-sweat

Oh wait, you are Minmatar

Get out

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

tamaz
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#38 - 2013-07-03 11:55:55 UTC

We have God on our side, you are supposed to be praying fervently every time you fly into combat.

Brother Mercury
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2013-07-03 12:48:33 UTC
Andrea Griffin wrote:

Crusader

Mal[e]diction

Vengeance

Sentinel

Purifier

Zealot

Curse

Pilgrim

While I don't disagree that these ships are useful (meh about crusader), it seems very odd, doesn't it, that all these ships rely on ewar, or are built around speed (zealot) to be effective? It's telling that you don't name a single Amarr ship that utilizes the race's main themes; namely, to be an armor tanking, laser brawler.
Tobias Hareka
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#40 - 2013-07-03 13:09:42 UTC
Brother Mercury wrote:
namely, to be an armor tanking, laser brawler.

Punisher
Maller
Harbinger / Harbinger NI
Absolution
Armageddon NI
Abaddon