These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP Games Announces Former EA Executive Sean Decker as Senior Vice President

First post First post First post
Author
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#241 - 2013-07-02 18:47:38 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Grimpak wrote:
Lady Zarrina wrote:
New scariest moment in Eve.

the fact that there's now an EA VP in CCP's board or that we have someone as Ace Uoweme in the game?

Yes.

then today is a very dark day for EVE.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#242 - 2013-07-02 18:48:38 UTC
I am still waiting for his response as to why he keeps with this dying dinosaur called 'PC gaming' when he has impeccably predicted its impending doom.

Agent of Chaos, Sower of Discord.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#243 - 2013-07-02 18:49:40 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
I am still waiting for his response as to why he keeps with this dying dinosaur called 'PC gaming' when he has impeccably predicted its impending doom.

I'm just worried if whatever he has is contagious, that's all.

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#244 - 2013-07-02 18:49:43 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Um, so what? You have yet to actually prove anything.

I can prove one thing for sure about dinosaurs...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triassic%E2%80%93Jurassic_extinction_event

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#245 - 2013-07-02 18:50:46 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

Lies! It was all put there by god to case the smart asses to doubt him and not get into heaven where they'd ask all kinds of annoying questions!

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#246 - 2013-07-02 18:51:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
And to think we joked about Sony or EA buying CCP during Incarna. Well since they still have financial difficulties (and product roadmap difficulties) perhaps he is like Stephen Elop in Nokia still being controlled by Balmer :)

Eve is dying... just waiting on Netcraft to confirm it.

Expect more DLC and monotising of in-game items and employees, good luck as we all know EA are great employers :)

Alas I remember when EA was tiny small in the 80s.

Curious, anybody know why he left EA? Bootted or pupet mole in CCP?
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#247 - 2013-07-02 18:51:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

So EVE is dead and we are all dinosaurs because the earth is someday going to be struck by another cosmic extinction event?

O.K.

How about something actually relevant instead of trying to backpedal?

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#248 - 2013-07-02 18:52:58 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
They're going at best hybrid now. BF3 is a perfect example of it, XBox; PS3 and PC. And that's the future of gaming.

I don't make the decisions, I'm just pointing out the reality.

This is where we disagree.

You're just pointing out the "business intention and bashing" around it because customers are simply sheeps, flowers with no will and let alone brains to think about anything else but what you're ready to put in your commercial.

That an educational problem that has nothing to do with reality. The reality IS that your current console does nothing more than your PC but for far more money less flexibility and far more constraints only to feed a business model based on "specialness"

How the fck can you say my computer is a copy of your crapy console when the first ever joystic is a fcking computer one?

This might as well become truth for ids who don't even know what it looks like to turn on your computer and do all your work under DOS, who have never seen what it looks like the first arcade games and first calculators with integrated games when the crappy thing had for even less than 16mb of first ram version.

This is not a very old past, it's the current present a couple years ago but despite all this tech going faster and faster you can't simply remove the computer base out of the equation simply because the first gist of it was simply genius and hundreds of year advanced.
Take your tablet, does it looks like your console or like your computer?
Take your smartphone does it looks like your console or like your computer?
Take a close look at your car inboard tech and tell me how it looks like.

Noes my friend, you're wrong. Console as concept is a short term business and only business concept just like Apple will be in a couple years if they continue the same route, finished the snowflake individualist products, generational products are the best way to improve the base offer in terms of product it self, its price, ASS, and software/programs reliability.
Everything that is a special snowflake is dedicated to be at some point a dinosaur, nothing else.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#249 - 2013-07-02 18:54:12 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

So EVE is dead and we are all dinosaurs because the earth is someday going to be struck by another cosmic extinction event?

O.K.

How about something actually relevant?

How about another dinosaur; Nintendo.

Don't talk to me unless you are IQ verified and certified with three references from non-family members. Please have your certificate of authenticity on hand.

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#250 - 2013-07-02 18:54:50 UTC
Scrindle Kavees wrote:
If I had a former EA executive on board, I'd rename him Frank.

Frank Spencer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Spencer_%28Michael_Crawford%29
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#251 - 2013-07-02 18:55:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
Tavin Aikisen wrote:
Looking through his gaming credits: http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,11359/

It would seem he wasn't involved in that terrible fiasco at the turn of the century where EA killed Origin Systems, Bullfrog, Westwood, many beloved gaming franchises and even tried to re-brand Maxis. X

He can stay.

Actually Michael Moloneux (Bullfrog fame) went to Microsoft.

Ahhh Westwood, they done the Eye of the Beholder series etc... oh I remember those damn spiders
Kalen Pavle
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#252 - 2013-07-02 18:57:11 UTC
Anyone who had absolutely anything to do with Command and Conquer 4 should be shot.

EA is quite possibly the worst gaming company on the face of the planet. Hiring someone from EA is not something to be proud of. They should have known better than to ever even let this out to the press.

This is the first time I've ever felt like declaring "EVE is dying."
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#253 - 2013-07-02 18:57:12 UTC
Alpheias wrote:

What response? Pulling ghosts out of nothing = nothing.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#254 - 2013-07-02 18:58:17 UTC
Alpheias wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Doc Fury wrote:

O.K.

How about something actually relevant?

How about another dinosaur; Nintendo.

I love my Wii. Sad

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#255 - 2013-07-02 18:59:10 UTC
Kalen Pavle wrote:
Anyone who had absolutely anything to do with Command and Conquer 4 should be shot.

EA is quite possibly the worst gaming company on the face of the planet. Hiring someone from EA is not something to be proud of. They should have known better than to ever even let this out to the press.

This is the first time I've ever felt like declaring "EVE is dying."

They're a publisher, not a gaming house :)
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#256 - 2013-07-02 18:59:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
Introduce him to General Discussion forums :)

Could get interesting :)

I should start selling boots with built in guns pointed towards the wearer.

Lets see how Fearless he is :)
Alpheias
Tactical Farmers.
Tactical Farmers
#257 - 2013-07-02 19:02:03 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Alpheias wrote:

What response? Pulling ghosts out of nothing = nothing.

But that isn't what I asked. I asked why you are staying with this dying platform instead of moving onto more greener pastures.

Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#258 - 2013-07-02 19:02:29 UTC
So, first CCP flirts with SOE and then with EA?

I have played games from both, and both companies imposed disaster decisions, disaster politics, failed economic models, terrible (and payware) customer service, horrible lock ins and DLC.

Are people at CCP nuts?

May I invite a CCP manager to play a couple of those companies MMOs for one day? Just so that he understands the kind of nuclear toxic waste they are to team with?
Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#259 - 2013-07-02 19:03:50 UTC
Mintchip and NOW THIS?! CCP STAAAAHP. Whats next?!

Seriously one freaking micotransaction or anything that looks like some EA BS, I'm biomassing.

and no you can't have my stuff.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#260 - 2013-07-02 19:05:45 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
Mintchip and NOW THIS?! CCP STAAAAHP. Whats next?!

Seriously one freaking micotransaction or anything that looks like some EA BS, I'm biomassing.

and no you can't have my stuff.

So, whats the issue or problem with Mintchiplol?

Really guys, I'd like to know where the problem is so I could bear and laugh with you.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne