These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

How easy is it to get a lost account back?

Author
Raz Skord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2013-07-02 10:15:46 UTC
Has anyone been in a position where they cannot remember their old username and are unsure which email account they used to use (was 4 years ago to be fair).

I have sent a ticket but is taking an age to get back to me. Little disappointed by that as it is technically a billing issue and a chance for them to get another paying account.

Really want my old toon back :(
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-07-02 10:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Destination SkillQueue
I don't see how this is a billing issue. There are no billing related problems or issues in your OP, so it's techincally a support ticket in the wrong category, which will cause the answer to it to be delayed. This is an account issue where you're trying to get control of an account, but seem to be unable to provide any real info about it to verify your claim. Look at it from their perspective. A guy wants them to give him an account, but doesn't seem to know anything the actual owner of that account should know. At the very least it warrants an investigation before they act on your request.
Dheeradj Nurgle
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-07-02 10:23:15 UTC
You don't know the Account Name, or the EMail adress you used. the only thing other than that to proof things is billing information.

Without those three, there is no way to prove you owned an account. A character name does not suffice.
Raz Skord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-07-02 10:28:19 UTC
set the ticket as lost account because thats exactly what it is. Lost account is in billing and accounts. so there is the logic on the billing issue.

The ticket i have sent Ive given them as much info as possible including all my registration details, the potential emails i would have used.

Its just taking an age to sort, was never this long of a wait over something todo with an account! (unless you'd been naughty ofc)
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-07-02 10:31:54 UTC
Raz Skord wrote:
Has anyone been in a position where they cannot remember their old username and are unsure which email account they used to use (was 4 years ago to be fair).

I have sent a ticket but is taking an age to get back to me. Little disappointed by that as it is technically a billing issue and a chance for them to get another paying account.

If you can't provide account owner information I think CCP will not spend time with this and no one should.

You can forget or change your e-mail this is not important, you can change your payment method this is not important, but you can't change personal info without making a fool of yourself at some point.

Notice I'm not being rude with you, just pointing the obvious.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Mr Kidd
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-07-02 10:39:54 UTC
Posting in a "I want to hack my friend's account and I have no idea where to start" thread.

Don't ban me, bro!

Servjen
Giant Industrials
Center for Digital Chemistry
#7 - 2013-07-02 10:40:00 UTC
Raz Skord wrote:

Raz Skord wrote:
set the ticket as lost account because thats exactly what it is. Lost account is in billing and accounts. so there is the logic on the billing issue.

The ticket i have sent Ive given them as much info as possible including all my registration details, the potential emails i would have used.

Its just taking an age to sort, was never this long of a wait over something todo with an account! (unless you'd been naughty ofc)

Things like this take time to investigate and how more information you can give the faster they can investigate it. They don't want it to happen that you gave information about a 'freinds' account and gaining contol over that account after which you destroy every thing he worked hard for.
If your billing information is the same and your IP is the same they can link the accounts but it will take time. These sort of things takes time adn shouldn't get rushed to avoid errors and mistakes.

This is where I put my signature, right?

Raz Skord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2013-07-02 11:01:03 UTC
Servjen wrote:
Raz Skord wrote:

Raz Skord wrote:

Things like this take time to investigate and how more information you can give the faster they can investigate it. They don't want it to happen that you gave information about a 'freinds' account and gaining contol over that account after which you destroy every thing he worked hard for.
If your billing information is the same and your IP is the same they can link the accounts but it will take time. These sort of things takes time adn shouldn't get rushed to avoid errors and mistakes.

+1 for the first reply that wasnt tarded.

Raz Skord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2013-07-02 11:02:55 UTC
Mr Kidd wrote:
Posting in a "I want to hack my friend's account and I have no idea where to start" thread.

my cousins actually Roll
Raz Skord
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2013-07-02 11:05:49 UTC
Sergeant Acht Scultz wrote:

If you can't provide account owner information I think CCP will not spend time with this and no one should.

You can forget or change your e-mail this is not important, you can change your payment method this is not important, but you can't change personal info without making a fool of yourself at some point.

Notice I'm not being rude with you, just pointing the obvious.

Im guessing you missed my other reply where i stated I have sent them my personal details... because thats the only constant!

Also just a heads up but if you have to say your not being rude 9/10 you are - I will let you have that little gem for free
Ranek Tes
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-07-02 11:27:33 UTC
I actually had this problem a week ago.

With some helpful questions from the GM based on the details i could remember, I managed to find it myself though. I had created the accoiúnt via the recruit a friend system, there I could find the email that were used on creation.
Turelus
Utassi Security
#12 - 2013-07-02 11:32:57 UTC
I had this issue a while back but was able to get the information after a few messages back and forth with the GM who answered the petition.
The email address being constant would help, you could attempt to list ones you have used in the past. As much personal information as you can give them as well, it sounds like you have done most of what you can and what they need so just sit and back be patient.

Turelus CEO Utassi Security