These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Making a gank cost something

First post
Author
Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#1 - 2013-07-01 01:42:38 UTC
With the introduction of these "tags" ganking means nothing to pirates and mega corps like Goonswarm and other 0.0 corps, put some kind of consequence in ganking (and no losing their ship means nothing), they just farm tags all day and get sec stat back fast, pfft no consequence there.

Atleast have Concord pod kill ganker so they'll have to start wherever their clone is, and cost of replacement of clone + combat booster and any implants.

This way there's not a free way to gank at such low cost.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#2 - 2013-07-01 01:46:11 UTC
Ok.
Making ganking cost something in one step:
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Quote:
Atleast have Concord pod kill ganker so they'll have to start wherever their clone is, and cost of replacement of clone + combat booster and any implants.
Why does it have to be more expensive than it already is? Also, if you're going to introduce NPC podding, I can only suppose that you suggest it happens across the board, because anything less would be rather silly, right?
Eram Fidard
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2013-07-01 01:48:26 UTC
holy ******* TERRIBLE POST BATMAN

Poster is not to be held responsible for damages to keyboards and/or noses caused by hot beverages.

Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#4 - 2013-07-01 02:01:41 UTC
I know, working as intended Big smile
Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#5 - 2013-07-01 02:04:00 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ok.
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Quote:
Why does it have to be more expensive than it already is? Also, if you're going to introduce NPC podding, I can only suppose that you suggest it happens across the board, because anything less would be rather silly, right?

I'll agree sure NPC pod killing across the board, I actually like that.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2013-07-01 02:09:28 UTC
tags are apparently free and the time spent farming them is inconsequential

thanks for informing us of this random forum alt

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Elvis Fett
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-07-01 02:09:55 UTC
Q 5 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ok.
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Quote:

Carebear tears would flow like water if mission rats started pod killing. Always enjoy a good show, so I can get behind that.
Jimmy Morane
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#8 - 2013-07-01 02:26:22 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Ok.
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Quote:

Damn I love Tippia. I mean.....how could you not?
Litair
Nleesh
#9 - 2013-07-01 02:28:17 UTC
Q 5 wrote:
Tippia wrote:
Ok.
1. Kill them right back.

There you go.

Quote:

Don't know about general NPC podding, as I'm not really much involved in that, but I'd like to see Concord popping pods seeing as they are the ultimate law enforcers that don't give a ****.. unlike the police and navy which are somewhat less fearsome.

Of course a lot of dedicated suicide gankers have a clone set up in the same system they gank in.. but it'd be a nice little extra penalty no less.
Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#10 - 2013-07-01 02:33:31 UTC
Ganking costs security status & a ship with the possibility of no reward.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Minmatar Citizen160812
The LGBT Last Supper
#11 - 2013-07-01 03:25:14 UTC
Sounds good. Let's also put a price on starting a new topic on things we are clueless about.

Suicide clones have no implants

Concord podding you is a free safe trip back to the station
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#12 - 2013-07-01 03:28:05 UTC
Ganks are cost, risk and consequence free these days?

Don't I feel dumb, I was not doing them all this time because of costs, risks and consequences associated with them. I guess they removed sec status loss, ship loss and kill rights and I didn't read the patch notes, huh.
Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#13 - 2013-07-01 03:33:12 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ganking costs security status & a ship with the possibility of no reward.

Pfft, if it wasn't a good possibility then it wouldnt be done for pure profit.

You know in a sense I don't care cause all I fly is mostly cht t1 stuff, and almost never carry anything worth ganking, people are silly going after officer mods and expensive faction mods t1 works just fine, of course if a t2 is cheap enough I would use that.

But I do think that it seems a bit to easy to raise security status by farming tags, same way much of nullies believe that hi sec is some kind of farmville, well it happens in the land down under.

But whatever as I said would be funny to see an NPC pod my ask if I lost a fight in a mission it would help others to be less afraid of "dying"
Sir Mack Inawrex
NEW ORDER DEATH DEALERS
#14 - 2013-07-01 03:33:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Sir Mack Inawrex
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Ganks are cost, risk and consequence free these days?

Don't I feel dumb, I was not doing them all this time because of costs, risks and consequences associated with them. I guess they removed sec status loss, ship loss and kill rights and I didn't read the patch notes, huh.

Oh yeah, totally. I just gank people at random. I don't bother checking to see if they've got a tank I can't break, nor do I check their cargo or fit because suicide ganking is 100% free and guaranteed to succeed against any player, regardless of appropriate tank or ISK value.

"…but now only one beacon of light survives.  A stubborn world that dared to defy Mintchip, Lord of the Lollipops."

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#15 - 2013-07-01 03:36:49 UTC
Q 5 wrote:
But I do think that it seems a bit to easy to raise security status by farming tags, same way much of nullies believe that hi sec is some kind of farmville, well it happens in the land down under.
By most accounts so far, it seems a lot harder than just grinding for the sec status.
Gealbhan
Temeraria Praedonum
Catastrophic Experiment
#16 - 2013-07-01 03:49:03 UTC
Ganking does cost something, a piece of their soul dies with that innocent pilot... it dies... Arrow
Adunh Slavy
#17 - 2013-07-01 04:07:48 UTC
Elvis Fett wrote:
[quote=Q 5]

Carebear tears would flow like water if mission rats started pod killing. Always enjoy a good show, so I can get behind that.

Back quite a few years ago, before the need for speed. the mission "the assault" would lag so badly, that some people did get podded.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Azami Nevinyrall
#18 - 2013-07-01 04:13:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Azami Nevinyrall
If you have Concorde POD the ganker, 2 things will happen:

1: It'll save the ganker the trouble of flying to station and get into another Catalyst.
2: They'll just train an alt for a Catalyst and whatever gunnery skills they need.

And being a highsec ganker myself, sure I'll GLADLY support this half ******** thread/idea.

(And a good ganker doesn't need implants!)

Hogarth Starbanger
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#19 - 2013-07-01 04:29:44 UTC
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent suggestion were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Akiyo Mayaki
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-07-01 05:05:41 UTC
confirming suiciding your ship costs nothing

No

123Next pageLast page