These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Has anyone figured out the hacking minigame yet?

First post
Author
marVLs
#41 - 2013-05-13 17:53:41 UTC
Still thinks that mini game thingy is bad idea, no one do those sites in HS (but ok this can be buffed), and sure no one will be doing them in LS now, and buff wont help it (required to much attention instead of looking at local and dscan).
Johan Toralen
IIIJIIIITIIII
#42 - 2013-05-13 19:55:55 UTC
marVLs wrote:
Still thinks that mini game thingy is bad idea, no one do those sites in HS (but ok this can be buffed), and sure no one will be doing them in LS now, and buff wont help it (required to much attention instead of looking at local and dscan).

It's all a question of profitability. People do run radars and mags in low sec. The new system isn't much different in terms of workload. Before you had initial rat spawns to deal with and fly long distances between the cans now you have to focus on the hacking game and collecting items. Should still be possible to keep an eye on local and dscan.
The only thing i'm worried about right now is that the loot might suck for solo explorers. For one because of the jetissoned cans that you can't grab all when you run the site alone. Other reason being that with more ppl doing exploration after Odyssey the market gets flooded and items devalue. I hope the loot is scaled in a way that solo explorers still get around the same from a site on average as it was before Odyssey.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#43 - 2013-05-14 13:22:25 UTC
i just read the dev blog regarding hacking and i have to say that it sounds kind of nice. like many other players, i am concerned about not seeing the space around you as it brings up personal safety concerns, but you could argue that the same is already happening when you manage PI or probe the system (albeit you can do these things at a station and/or cloaked).

aside from being a sitting duck while you are hacking, the system sounds a little simplistic but is still a great improvement over the old 'wait for the RNG' approach. if i read between the lines correctly, one of the directions you are going towards is hacking (offline?) POSes or other player structures which i approve very much.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Flittoff
Numenor Hall
#44 - 2013-06-06 22:53:24 UTC
Well I figured it out, you just have to clik nodes blindly as quickly as possible.

Then if you are lucky enuf to get the can's core craked before running out of time it chucks stuff alll over the place and most of it is lost.

I was a dedicated scanner who avoided mag sites in hisec, except in WH space and null, as the crap in them was preety worthless.

It has KILLED doing Data sites for me. I absolutely give it a -10
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#45 - 2013-06-10 15:59:07 UTC
V
Flittoff wrote:
Well I figured it out, you just have to clik nodes blindly as quickly as possible.

Then if you are lucky enuf to get the can's core craked before running out of time it chucks stuff alll over the place and most of it is lost.

I was a dedicated scanner who avoided mag sites in hisec, except in WH space and null, as the crap in them was preety worthless.

You got the minigame wrong, friend. Im in my phone right now. Let me get gome and elaborate.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

TheNewestTwin
Subsidy H.R.S.
Xagenic Freymvork
#46 - 2013-06-10 23:30:26 UTC  |  Edited by: TheNewestTwin
Flittoff wrote:

Lol. Although you must really suck at this mini game I kind of have to agree with you. This has made the sites much less interesting and this mini game isn't fun at all. If you made the mini game more fun and involving, that would make you feel like you were actually hacking in to something not just randomly clicking things to find some core, that would make those sites much more interesting. Maybe even adding some turrets or NPC's in the sites might help as well.

Although it is a step in the right direction and the idea of a mini game is nice, this currently sucks so bad that I will be avoiding these sites completely.

-TNT
Kalel Nimrott
Caldari Provisions
#47 - 2013-06-11 00:21:07 UTC
Ok, the trick is to go against all the defenses to increase you virus strenght. Worked for me so far.

Bob Artis, you will be missed.

O7

Bob Bedala
#48 - 2013-06-13 23:19:30 UTC
Just a pointless clickfest. I don't have a problem with the concept, but the whole "game" part is sadly lacking. It's just poor.
LUCIA28
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#49 - 2013-06-30 06:27:40 UTC
Big smile I like it its Weird hit an miss but i have found the ones I'm hitting pretty straight forward.. no Roll No clue what it does i just click away Big smile
Previous page123