These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Goonhate under the magnifying glass

First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#241 - 2013-06-29 15:44:03 UTC
Sour Jelly wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I bend over & take it for free, the PLEX have nothing to do with that.


You. Were. Robbed.


You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding simple concepts. The free PLEX I get doesn't even come from the alliance.


Does it come from your parents?


Mostly ibis oddly enough.
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#242 - 2013-06-29 15:44:20 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I bend over & take it for free, the PLEX have nothing to do with that.


You. Were. Robbed.


Of what?

Dinner and flowers?

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#243 - 2013-06-29 15:47:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Cearain wrote:
Goons don't bully anyone around other then their own members and their own coalition.

During a couple of our recent quite major operations in Fountain I was dicking around in highsec with a couple of buddies doing nothing of any real importance. I could rattle off a list that would get to max-post-length of goons who don't respond to any all-all pings for fleets because they'd rather be off doing something else.

Not sure what I'm meant to being told to do, but I'm not getting the memos apparently and whoever is meant to be kicking us all out isn't doing his job either. Or, you know, you're just talking out of your ass.
.



What you mean you did respond to the pings so you could be told to sit in station to blueball the enemy?

My point is your leader does not look at this game as a fun break from his real life. Winning is more important to him than normal healthy people. That is why his main goal is to deny fun to the enemy. Unfortunately for goons and cfc that usually means not much fun for them either.

But when the pings come the goons/cfc will respond. Maybe not you. But many many lackeys will. And they will be told to do things to bore the enemy despite the fact that it is boring for them. But they will still listen. Again it's pity not hate.

As far as not responding to pings I think you are fine doing that in goons. But I think other corps have in the past been reset for not showing up when mittani beckons. But then again they are foolish enough to choose to ally with a corp that explicitly says they want to ruin the game for everyone but themselves, so it serves them right.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#244 - 2013-06-29 15:55:58 UTC
Sour Jelly wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Mallak Azaria wrote:
I bend over & take it for free, the PLEX have nothing to do with that.


You. Were. Robbed.


You seem to have a lot of trouble understanding simple concepts. The free PLEX I get doesn't even come from the alliance.


Does it come from your parents?


LolLolLolLolLolLolLol

This thread should be stickied!

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Mallak Azaria
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#245 - 2013-06-29 16:17:13 UTC
Sour Jelly wrote:
Does it come from your parents?


Yes. Good job, you have figured out my secret. My parents do indeed buy me 5 PLEX per month because it's obviously the cheaper & better option than just paying my sub fee.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

hyhn
Iynx Teledyne Armory
The Chogo Ri Commonwealth
#246 - 2013-06-29 16:23:10 UTC
I don't really hate goons -- they are kinda like the Uwe Boll of EVE Online. I just wish they would stop ruining good content.
Verunae Caseti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#247 - 2013-06-29 16:39:33 UTC
Is this thread about m0o?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#248 - 2013-06-29 16:41:48 UTC
Verunae Caseti wrote:
Is this thread about m0o?


The Lords of the Gank.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#249 - 2013-06-29 16:48:24 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Verunae Caseti wrote:
Is this thread about m0o?


The Lords of the Gank.


After some of the comments of late it's :cough: The Ladies of Rank :cough:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LReqeLYgjhQ

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#250 - 2013-06-29 17:00:25 UTC


That was actually a pretty awesome version of one of my favourite songs.

Thanks for sharing that.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Helfeln Meathead
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#251 - 2013-06-29 17:10:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Helfeln Meathead
Lot of hatred for goons there Ace. Are you sure you're not Uwe Boll?
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#252 - 2013-06-29 17:14:19 UTC
Helfeln Meathead wrote:
Lot of hatred for goons there Ace. Are you sure you're not Uwe Boll?


I don't know about hatred, because I'm laughing so hard! Lol

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

SmokinDank
Horizon Research Group
#253 - 2013-06-29 17:18:29 UTC
Verunae Caseti wrote:
Is this thread about m0o?


nice to see someone spell it right for once

...

Rico Minali
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#254 - 2013-06-30 11:51:05 UTC
Ace Uoweme wrote:
Rico Minali wrote:
Most people who hate Goons hate them because they are told to hate them and sheep mentality takes over, simple as that.



No it's...

Bad name.
Bad antics.
Bad forum presence.

No one needs to tell others about you, your reputation proceeds you.

That's how simple it truly is.


My reputation proceeds me? Good, glad to hear it, however I am not and never have been a goon... I can say however that they are a great laugh to fly with.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#255 - 2013-06-30 12:05:50 UTC
Cearain wrote:
What you mean you did respond to the pings so you could be told to sit in station to blueball the enemy?

My point is your leader does not look at this game as a fun break from his real life. Winning is more important to him than normal healthy people. That is why his main goal is to deny fun to the enemy. Unfortunately for goons and cfc that usually means not much fun for them either.

But when the pings come the goons/cfc will respond. Maybe not you. But many many lackeys will. And they will be told to do things to bore the enemy despite the fact that it is boring for them. But they will still listen. Again it's pity not hate.

As far as not responding to pings I think you are fine doing that in goons. But I think other corps have in the past been reset for not showing up when mittani beckons. But then again they are foolish enough to choose to ally with a corp that explicitly says they want to ruin the game for everyone but themselves, so it serves them right.

This whole thing where you support your argument by insisting you know what people think better than they do is old, trite, and pretty dumb. Much like the idea you think The Mittani could tell the CFC to do things they didn't want to do just because he wills it.

You're creating the concept of Mittens the boogeyman in your head and then trying to push your fear of that concept off onto the people who like and support him. It doesn't work because you fail to see the critical flaws in trying to make an argument like that.
"Ace Uoweme" wrote:
I don't know about hatred, because I'm laughing so hard!

The whole shtick where people profess to be laughing at a group they post hatred and bile for (rather than admit their pain) is really transparent, and the more you wail "no, I'm just making dozens and dozens of posts about them because I am laughing at them!" the more people hear "I am very hurt by the actions of this group!"

That's a pretty self-evident fact of oratory that you'd know if you were even a low-level public speaker, by the way.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#256 - 2013-06-30 15:19:28 UTC
This short, two-minute video encapsulates EVE philosophy and even touches briefly on goons. Deep thoughts here, so make sure you have your thinking cap on.
DarthNefarius
Minmatar Heavy Industries
#257 - 2013-06-30 15:29:57 UTC  |  Edited by: DarthNefarius
Mark Androcius wrote:
So, I am basically looking for reasons why people hate the Goons.

I really don't see a valid reason for it, except for of course, POSSIBLY NEVER GETTING THEIR DEPOSITS BACK

LOL Fixed
BlinkP
An' then [email protected], he come scramblin outta the    Terminal room screaming "The system's crashing! The system's    crashing!" -Uncle RAMus, 'Tales for Cyberpsychotic Children'
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#258 - 2013-07-01 15:01:38 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Cearain wrote:
What you mean you did respond to the pings so you could be told to sit in station to blueball the enemy?

My point is your leader does not look at this game as a fun break from his real life. Winning is more important to him than normal healthy people. That is why his main goal is to deny fun to the enemy. Unfortunately for goons and cfc that usually means not much fun for them either.

But when the pings come the goons/cfc will respond. Maybe not you. But many many lackeys will. And they will be told to do things to bore the enemy despite the fact that it is boring for them. But they will still listen. Again it's pity not hate.

As far as not responding to pings I think you are fine doing that in goons. But I think other corps have in the past been reset for not showing up when mittani beckons. But then again they are foolish enough to choose to ally with a corp that explicitly says they want to ruin the game for everyone but themselves, so it serves them right.

This whole thing where you support your argument by insisting you know what people think better than they do is old, trite, and pretty dumb. Much like the idea you think The Mittani could tell the CFC to do things they didn't want to do just because he wills it.

You're creating the concept of Mittens the boogeyman in your head and then trying to push your fear of that concept off onto the people who like and support him. It doesn't work because you fail to see the critical flaws in trying to make an argument like that.
.



What specifically do I have wrong?

Mittens says no fun for the enemy. We can agree right?

So you do things like sit in a station and blue ball them. Am I right again? Is that fun?

Lots of people are in null sec because they like the idea of massive pushes and good fights.

Didn't mittens say no good fights?

Didn't mittens say no big pushes?

Is the cfc ignoring Mittens?

Whats the fun in a sov null sec war with no big pushes and no good fights?

You can claim I don't know, but I can read.



Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Lucy Ferrr
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#259 - 2013-07-01 17:28:40 UTC
Everytime I take a smelly dump I refer to it as a GoonSwarm. "Man I just took the nastiest GoonSwarm, I shouldn't of ate all that Mexican food."
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#260 - 2013-07-01 17:31:54 UTC
Lucy Ferrr wrote:
Everytime I take a smelly dump I refer to it as a GoonSwarm. "Man I just took the nastiest GoonSwarm, I shouldn't of ate all that Mexican food."


DEATH TO TEST

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann