These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New mechanics ?

Author
Shazeen Zerubu
Master Bait and Tackle
#1 - 2013-06-28 08:00:27 UTC
Scanning down the C4 this morning created some confusion.
After pinning down the static (N766), we found another wh in our system. When it was scanned to 100% and it appeared as another N766.
Is this a bug or is this just some new change I haven`t catch`d ?

AtomYcX
Perkone
Caldari State
#2 - 2013-06-28 08:13:26 UTC
Are you sure the first N766 wasn't collapsed or expired between the time it was scanned and the other N766 was scanned? C4s are unique in that they don't get wandering wormholes, you'll only ever get the static and K162s. If they were both definitely in existence at the same time then it does sound like a bug, but not one I've ever heard of before.
Hayz Hayward
Perkone
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-06-28 08:13:36 UTC
Might just be a Friday thing, I walked into my cupboard thinking it was the exit to my room, god damn doors look so similar!

But I'm not sure, I had 2 c5's plus my static yesterday. I guess it's from oddessy but it's just taken a while to get round to you?

WARNING: this post is filled with cerebral dissentry

Shazeen Zerubu
Master Bait and Tackle
#4 - 2013-06-28 08:27:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Shazeen Zerubu
I warped to both (with system map open to be sure) and they were both N766`s.

Hadnt seen it before so had to ask.
kaimai
Very Drunken Eve Flying Instructors
Brotherhood Of Silent Space
#5 - 2013-06-28 08:30:52 UTC
After 3 months intensiv scanning and 4 months living in a wh with 2 statics i can say it happens, not often but it does , nothing new

Fly safe o/

Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#6 - 2013-06-28 08:33:45 UTC
I would normally chalk this up to a periodic with the same designation...except that C4s don't get periodics. Straight

If you're not living in a C4, then you've simply found a periodic/roaming/random wormhole, which use designations based on systems connected, not whether or not if it's a static.

If you ARE living in a C4, and have found two outgoing wormholes, then this is a significant change. I would love to see some independent confirmation of this.

http://www.wormholes.info

Shazeen Zerubu
Master Bait and Tackle
#7 - 2013-06-28 08:56:19 UTC
Living in a C4.

R**-050 N766 -> C2 with HS C1
N**-571 N766 -> C2 with LS C2

scanned em down again and jumped trough so they are there for sure.
Euthanasia Anneto
Embers Children
#8 - 2013-06-28 10:56:43 UTC
I've even seen C2's with double D382's or O477's in the same WH. So it's always a possibilit

.EC.. of [TOHA], Industrialists with guns. We're overe there, some where and no where... Contacting go through ingame convo's .EC.. and [TOHA] are recruiting, get in contact with us

Jack Miton
Perkone
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-28 11:07:13 UTC
Euthanasia Anneto wrote:
I've even seen C2's with double D382's or O477's in the same WH. So it's always a possibilit

The C2 statics are also roaming WHs, that's common.
C4 statics are not roaming, at least until now, so that would be a big change.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#10 - 2013-06-28 11:15:02 UTC
I only heard that systems other than C2s supposedly don't get additional statics like two weeks ago. Now that newly gained knowledge is worthless, thank you CCP EvilBlink

...if it was ever true :p

Kynric
Sky Fighters
Rote Kapelle
#11 - 2013-06-28 13:49:03 UTC
I have seen this. It used to happen when a wormholes timer would.cause it to despawn during downtime which is a feature that happens more with 16 hour holes than 24 hour holes.
Shazeen Zerubu
Master Bait and Tackle
#12 - 2013-06-28 14:00:21 UTC
Kynric wrote:
I have seen this. It used to happen when a wormholes timer would.cause it to despawn during downtime which is a feature that happens more with 16 hour holes than 24 hour holes.

Seems this is was the case.

Scanned now and system is back to normal with the 1 static its supposed to have. Must have sorted it self out during DT.

Thanks for the replies Cool
Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#13 - 2013-06-28 15:48:00 UTC
I know that a wormhole always respawns in the same spot if it expires during downtime. Have not yet seen this create another static though.

Recently I found out that the above is also true for non-static holes. A wandering D792 to hisec in a C5 expired during downtime and respawned in the same place, fresh and leading to a different system than before.

I wonder if you could keep such a hole forever in your system by collapsing it every day, a few seconds before downtime begins. After a static wormhole is collapsed, it appears that it takes 40 seconds or so until the signature of the new static appears. Maybe the collapsed wandering hole would 'try' to respawn after 40 seconds too, find out that it's now downtime and respawn in place instead of wandering on to another system Big smile

Svodola Darkfury
Heaven's End
#14 - 2013-06-28 20:25:06 UTC
Kynric wrote:

Confirmed that I've had this happen in both my C2/C4 and my old C4/C2 (that was the assumption that I made at the time anyways). I usually just name one "wandering" even if it's not technically accurate.

Svo.

Director of Frozen Corpse Industries.

Kedv
#15 - 2013-06-29 10:22:21 UTC
Be warned, that when encountering such "duplicate" holes, one of them will collapse immediately after you pass through them. Had this happen to us numerous times.
Nathan Jameson
Grumpy Bastards
#16 - 2013-06-29 11:23:53 UTC
Kedv wrote:
Be warned, that when encountering such "duplicate" holes, one of them will collapse immediately after you pass through them. Had this happen to us numerous times.

lol those sleepers are such trolls

http://www.wormholes.info