These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What would happen if once a day or week highsec

Author
Prince Sanguine
#1 - 2013-06-29 09:37:45 UTC
Became null/low for an hour before downtime? Imagine how much fun trade hubs would be! Maybe it could be random systems as to avoid massive ganks too often. Would the tear mails flow or would the lolbears actually try and do something?

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2013-06-29 09:41:44 UTC
Not happening, because the nullbears have their high-sec alts.

And in the scheme of things, without high-sec (that PvE side) EvE wouldn't last for long. The game is too expensive otherwise (if players had to really pay for their ships each time this game would have but 25k, P2W players left).

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Sebastor Cane
The Outlet
#3 - 2013-06-29 09:59:04 UTC
Then highsec downtime would last an hour an a half
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#4 - 2013-06-29 10:16:04 UTC
What if, every time you jump, there were a random chance that you get randomly intercepted in between jumps by some alien race, let's call them Thargoids, and get ganked by a huge mothership and fighters before you can make it to the other end of the jump and only your pod will emerge?

That'd be a fun feature, no?
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#5 - 2013-06-29 10:17:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Miilla
A lot of mopping up in the server room and on the forums and the cost of support via petitions would go more ballistic than a Sukhoi SU-35.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2013-06-29 10:21:03 UTC
Imagine there were a CONCORD incursion into null for an hour! Would make huge fleet battles so interesting.
Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#7 - 2013-06-29 10:22:21 UTC
CCP's unwritten rule of Eve.

0) Thy shal not disturbith thy ISK farm
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#8 - 2013-06-29 10:35:07 UTC
I could see concord going on strike from time to time as a story line thing.
Dave stark
#9 - 2013-06-29 11:13:56 UTC
Sebastor Cane wrote:
Then highsec downtime would last an hour an a half

that is basically the sum total of the change.
Chamile Eonic
The Church of MDAMC
#10 - 2013-06-29 11:28:52 UTC
Only if Nul had Local break at random intervals so WH corps could come out in secret and destroy Null
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2013-06-29 11:29:16 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Imagine there were a CONCORD incursion into null for an hour! Would make huge fleet battles so interesting.

Incursion at random gates.

Way PvPers avoid incursions (because they require expensive PvE rigged builds with full logi chains) that would be hardship enough.

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-06-29 11:34:30 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:

Aw would like this with the old version of Concord you could spank their arse or just cyno to high sec, yeah, this would be cool, cyno a full fleet of titans/supers and turn Jita 4-4 in to a juicy wreck, then pop it in front of everyone!!

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#13 - 2013-06-29 11:49:05 UTC
No one would undock.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

Pewty McPew
EVE Corporation 2357451
#14 - 2013-06-29 11:50:32 UTC
The forums would be filled with raging tears and quite a few carebears would quit. CCPs subscription rates would fall and then some of our favorite Devs would get the axe.
Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-06-29 11:56:23 UTC
Kult Altol wrote:
No one would undock.

Few do as it is. Station life is about what high-sec is about, except to mission/mine or cart stuff to Jita.

So anyone dreaming about high-sec PvP good luck, the residents are station hugging 30+ deep.

Anna Djan
Banana Corp
#16 - 2013-06-29 12:32:06 UTC
Then once a day it population of highsec would not log in...
Rico Minali
Sons Of 0din
Commonwealth Vanguard
#17 - 2013-06-29 12:52:23 UTC
Prince Sanguine wrote:
Became null/low for an hour before downtime? Imagine how much fun trade hubs would be! Maybe it could be random systems as to avoid massive ganks too often. Would the tear mails flow or would the lolbears actually try and do something?

Or of course, you could go to null or lowsec.

While I am all for Eve being hard and cruel, unless this was a permanent removal of concord, having a set time when all sec goes away seems both silly and of course immersion breaking.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#18 - 2013-06-29 14:04:40 UTC
Incursion rats at stargates get enough forum tears IMO. Do we truly need to add to that drama? Blink

I do support the idea of 'dynamic spaces' as I like the idea whether a system becomes hisec, lowsec or nullsec in nature (think in pvp restrictions) based on player action. To place these at the heart of the economy... I dunno. I'd take the lore into some Empire wormhole development progress or something, but I didn't exactly study for this.