These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

A Radical Proposal: Remove Blasters (a New Gallente)

Author
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2011-11-07 20:59:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
Let's give this a go. I'm not trying to troll here, I just recognize the hardships the devs and the community are going through balancing this weird weapon system. Below is an amalgamation of ideas I've picked up from others players reading the forums over the last week or two, and a few of my own.

The Blaster Predicament

No matter how you buff these guns, they will always be inferior to pulses, AC's and missiles, which are balanced well. Instead of mucking around trying to change each blaster boat, or nerfing the other three weapon systems, try this.


Rail Changes

- Rails become an energy pulse "autocannon": high rof, high tracking, high range; extremely low close-range damage, low fall-off, adjustable optimals via ammo
- Rail damage evens out with other weapon systems as the range increases (for example, 500dps at 80km or something)
- Low fall-off supports an existing mechanic: kiting in order to maintain the ideal optimal range, maybe like arties and lasers? (instead of wildly spraying the space in front of you like AC boats do)
- Rail range and damage ratios are adjusted through hybrid ammo: 80/20 kin/therm, 50/50, etc.
- Blasters are removed. Completely. **** them in the ass.


Drone Changes

- Drones do the blastingTwisted. give drones some love, add/modify mods and rigs to give players the freedom to customize drone tracking, damage and speed; Gallente ships innately have the space to use them
- Only the combat drone range of operation is drastically reduced; they are only to be released to supplement the rail damage up close. As the distance increases, rail boats will gain gun dps, and will never receive drone damage bonuses or be able to use combat drones over longer distances.
- if someone tries to kite the drones, rail boats will gain an increase in gun damage as distance increases, and drone boats can use sentries


Specialized Ships

- Eos, Domi, Ishtar unique bonus: Sentry drones move at 20/40/60/80/100% of ship speed per command ship/BS/HAC level.
- the above ships will never be able to fit a full rack of rails, or even come close to it. nerf PG if needed.


Conclusion

- you dont have to muck around nerfing AC's, pulse lasers, etc.
- you dont have to muck around trying to make the baster philosophy and its boats viable
- you dont have to introduce new things (maybe some drone rigs, and change the mods)
- you dont have to mess around with webs!
- you'll revitalize a dead race
Kelsi Corynn
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2011-11-07 21:13:33 UTC
Shouldn't this be in Features & Ideas or Assembly Hall?
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2011-11-07 21:14:44 UTC
no because it's too late, theyre working on this here and now. they might move it anyway Sad
Lysander Kaldenn
The Devil's Blood
#4 - 2011-11-07 22:58:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Lysander Kaldenn
Radical Proposal: Stop Posting, You've Got Better Things To Do.

(probably not, but here's hoping.)
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2011-11-07 23:18:03 UTC
i was working from home today. hope you were enlightened (probably not).
Lysander Kaldenn
The Devil's Blood
#6 - 2011-11-07 23:26:26 UTC
Does your Mom have a high opinion of your ideas? Maybe you should run them by her next time you're "working from home". She might be able to help the collective perception of your intelligence.

(probably not.)
Jiji Hamin
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-11-08 04:32:19 UTC
man, this is getting nasty. and i like it.
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#8 - 2011-11-08 13:11:18 UTC
rather than removing content you could do something like that:
- give blaster AC specs (yep exactly the same)
- decrease ROF, compensate with damage to keep dps
- done

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#9 - 2011-11-08 13:11:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Bienator II
forum bug..

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Cunane Jeran
#10 - 2011-11-08 13:37:37 UTC
Blasters have their place. On a station or gate they will shred the hell out of anything, or if your in a small gang and they make the mistake of ignoring you, once again they will shred the hell out of anything.

Do you folks even use blasters? Just out of interest. They have their niché and they do well in it.
Captain Alcatraz
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#11 - 2011-11-08 18:07:35 UTC
Hungry Eyes wrote:
Let's give this a go. I'm not trying to troll here, I just recognize the hardships the devs and the community are going through balancing this weird weapon system. Below is an amalgamation of ideas I've picked up from others players reading the forums over the last week or two, and a few of my own.

The Blaster Predicament

No matter how you buff these guns, they will always be inferior to pulses, AC's and missiles, which are balanced well. Instead of mucking around trying to change each blaster boat, or nerfing the other three weapon systems, try this.


Rail Changes

- Rails become an energy pulse "autocannon": high rof, high tracking, high range; extremely low close-range damage, low fall-off, adjustable optimals via ammo
- Rail damage evens out with other weapon systems as the range increases (for example, 500dps at 80km or something)
- Low fall-off supports an existing mechanic: kiting in order to maintain the ideal optimal range, maybe like arties and lasers? (instead of wildly spraying the space in front of you like AC boats do)
- Rail range and damage ratios are adjusted through hybrid ammo: 80/20 kin/therm, 50/50, etc.
- Blasters are removed. Completely. **** them in the ass.


Drone Changes

- Drones do the blastingTwisted. give drones some love, add/modify mods and rigs to give players the freedom to customize drone tracking, damage and speed; Gallente ships innately have the space to use them
- Only the combat drone range of operation is drastically reduced; they are only to be released to supplement the rail damage up close. As the distance increases, rail boats will gain gun dps, and will never receive drone damage bonuses or be able to use combat drones over longer distances.
- if someone tries to kite the drones, rail boats will gain an increase in gun damage as distance increases, and drone boats can use sentries


Specialized Ships

- Eos, Domi, Ishtar unique bonus: Sentry drones move at 20/40/60/80/100% of ship speed per command ship/BS/HAC level.
- the above ships will never be able to fit a full rack of rails, or even come close to it. nerf PG if needed.


Conclusion

- you dont have to muck around nerfing AC's, pulse lasers, etc.
- you dont have to muck around trying to make the baster philosophy and its boats viable
- you dont have to introduce new things (maybe some drone rigs, and change the mods)
- you dont have to mess around with webs!
- you'll revitalize a dead race


Please, stop posting
Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2011-11-08 18:16:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Hungry Eyes
Lysander Kaldenn wrote:
Does your Mom have a high opinion of your ideas? Maybe you should run them by her next time you're "working from home". She might be able to help the collective perception of your intelligence.

(probably not.)


this game attracts all the filth it seems. nothing else to say here really. if you dont like the idea, or my posts, dont participate in the threads.

thanks for the bumps btw. looks like im back on top again.
Fronkfurter McSheebleton
Horse Feathers
CAStabouts
#13 - 2011-11-08 19:39:10 UTC
Bienator II wrote:
rather than removing content you could do something like that:
- give blaster AC specs (yep exactly the same)
- decrease ROF, compensate with damage to keep dps
- done

so...short range artillery....

thhief ghabmoef

Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2011-11-08 20:04:35 UTC
OP shut up

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Hungry Eyes
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2011-11-08 20:07:15 UTC
thanks for the bump!