These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

If Eve goes Nerf, what is left?

Author
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#61 - 2011-11-08 12:35:32 UTC
Dirk Magnum wrote:
If I were a cap pilot I'd be more worried about the fact that a 100-man Tornado welp fleet could alpha me before I could even align. Forget the supercarrier drone nerf, because cap ships and battleships are all about to become irrelevant in large fleet fights. Tornado is now THE ship to use if you can field the numbers like a large alliance. I just want to lodge this complaint now, and will pick it up and run with it further as proves necessary after the Tornado gets added to TQ.

Implying maels can't already do this Roll

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Dirk Magnum
Spearhead Endeavors
#62 - 2011-11-08 12:38:54 UTC
For more minerals / ISK.

"LIVE FAST DIE." - traditional Minmatar ethos [citation needed]

Xoria Krint
The Angelic
#63 - 2011-11-08 12:48:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Xoria Krint
I love you.

New Eden is suppose to be a dark and harsh universe. Let the newbies learn by mistake and greifing. Thats the best teaching and has been so since 2003. This game has been dumbed down enough trough the years.
Urian Dealian Amarr
Doomheim
#64 - 2011-11-08 13:07:57 UTC
I don't get the mid gank part from infiltrated member.

That is stupid.

We can not now have a full pvp practise sessions in corp now ?

The removal insurance is good move makes no sense as it is now fully support.

Dec hoping well that is Lame and should be fixed while you are under war dec you should not be able as a corp entity to join any alliance.

As person no one is holding you from droping corp and make another or join another.

Rocky Deadshot
In The Goo
EVE Trade Alliance
#65 - 2011-11-08 13:12:16 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
Tears......

Aww ganker tears... my glass is overflowing form all these gankers crying.

So what... in the case of players that gank for profit, they now just have to profit a small margin more.

For players that gank just to be a ****, its now a little bit more expensive.

HTFU
Nova Fox
Novafox Shipyards
#66 - 2011-11-08 13:23:27 UTC
Im sorry but all of these nerfs only makes pvping an intelligent choice not something to be done by somone drooling on the keyboard for lulz.

Dust 514's CPM 1 Iron Wolf Saber Eve mail me about Dust 514 issues.

Victor Fenris
The Rookie Initiative
#67 - 2011-11-08 14:22:20 UTC
You know what hardcore eve player do? They adapt!

- Infiltrate a corp and gank their orca? (Cant do this anymore, you will be booted from corp mid-gank and then concord shows up to finish you off)--- Adapt!
- Suicide Gank people in highsec? (You still can, but now it encourages blobs of thrashers, instead of 1 or 2 tempests / solo style ganking)--- Adapt!
- Mercenary work? (You cant wardec people anymore, leaving highsec perfectly immune to wardecs and non-suicide attacks)--- Hem... Can you link that fo me i think i missed that part.
- Blowing up POS's for profit? (The already hard task of killing highsec POSs with subcaps is made worse by the fact you cant even wardec these corps anymore) Hem... Can you link that fo me i think i missed that part.
- Titans cant DD subcaps, Supercarriers cant really kill subcaps ether (These two kinda make you wonder why any of the races bothered developing supercapital ships)--- Adapt!
- Numerous concord buffs over the years and another coming up --- Adapt!

Victor Fenris

To the victor goes the spoils.... To Victor, not you!!!!

Jenshae Chiroptera
#68 - 2011-11-08 15:19:03 UTC
Victor Fenris wrote:
You know what hardcore eve player do? They adapt!

- Infiltrate a corp and gank their orca? (Cant do this anymore, you will be booted from corp mid-gank and then concord shows up to finish you off)--- Adapt!
- Suicide Gank people in highsec? (You still can, but now it encourages blobs of thrashers, instead of 1 or 2 tempests / solo style ganking)--- Adapt!
- Mercenary work? (You cant wardec people anymore, leaving highsec perfectly immune to wardecs and non-suicide attacks)--- Hem... Can you link that fo me i think i missed that part.
- Blowing up POS's for profit? (The already hard task of killing highsec POSs with subcaps is made worse by the fact you cant even wardec these corps anymore) Hem... Can you link that fo me i think i missed that part.
- Titans cant DD subcaps, Supercarriers cant really kill subcaps ether (These two kinda make you wonder why any of the races bothered developing supercapital ships)--- Adapt!
- Numerous concord buffs over the years and another coming up --- Adapt!

Most of your problems seem to be with high sec. Maybe turn your eyes toward low sec, null sec and worm holes?

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

Not even once

EVE is becoming shallow and puerile; it will satisfy neither the veteran nor the "WoW" type crowd in the transition.

Velicitia
XS Tech
#69 - 2011-11-08 15:34:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Velicitia
Terminal Insanity wrote:
[quote=MotherMoon]
- Mercenary work? (You cant wardec people anymore, leaving highsec perfectly immune to wardecs and non-suicide attacks)
- Blowing up POS's for profit? (The already hard task of killing highsec POSs with subcaps is made worse by the fact you cant even wardec these corps anymore)

Shocked OK, obvioulsy I missed the memo ... linky?

edit ... found the linky ...
OK, so it's a decshield alliance ... thing.

not really *removing* wardecs are they?

Just someone capitalising on game mechanics ... honestly, I'm a bit sad that I didn't think of it first.Twisted

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Arec Bardwin
#70 - 2011-11-08 15:57:29 UTC
Victor Fenris wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=22792
TharOkha
0asis Group
#71 - 2011-11-08 15:57:39 UTC
Sorry man but i must LOL. You call yourself "hardcore pvper" but all you whine is about hisec PvP. You want suicide gank with insurance, you want wardec hisec carebear corp, you want grief mining corps and newbie players, and above all, you want DD subcaps. I tell ya something. EVE is still hardcore, try to move yourself to lowsec or even better, to bussy NPC null sec. Try to shoot subcaps with subcap ship, try to wardec pvp corps and try to suicide gank tasty targets (silly multi billion T1 haulers or hulks) instead of LOL ganking without any loss. Also hotdropping 20+ SC fleet over 5+ drake fleet is not "hardcore" either. Blink
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#72 - 2011-11-08 16:10:12 UTC
Nova Fox wrote:
Im sorry but all of these nerfs only makes pvping an intelligent choice not something to be done by somone drooling on the keyboard for lulz.

Is it OK to drool over all those hot minmatar female avatars?

Just asking.

Lol

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#73 - 2011-11-08 16:14:16 UTC
Isn't CCP releasing 4 new gank ships? And buffing exisiting gank ship!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Victor Fenris
The Rookie Initiative
#74 - 2011-11-08 16:35:06 UTC
Arec Bardwin wrote:
Victor Fenris wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=22792

Ah i see... Well, carebears can now use game mechanics to protect themselves from poeple that uses game mechanics to grief them. How ironic! Blink

Thx for the link.

Victor Fenris

To the victor goes the spoils.... To Victor, not you!!!!

Hans Jagerblitzen
Ice Fire Warriors
#75 - 2011-11-08 16:39:31 UTC
Dalloway Jones wrote:
Maybe if you all would actually fight each other in low sec and null sec you wouldn't have so much spare time to gank noobs and carebears in high sec.

QFT.

REAL hardcore players look for opponents that shoot back. And than win anyways. I cannot believe all of you that are whining about highsec being made to be more secure.

If you get your jollies popping barges, can flipping noobs, or wardeccing industrial or noobie corps, you are NOT A HARDCORE PVP-er.

Whoever called you the Rohypnol street muggers is spot on. You're not fighters, you're opportunistic creeps that think they're badass cause they can stomp noobs. Not only is it a weak way to say that you "PvP", but you're potentially killing off interest for players that could stick with the game long enough to be an asset to your corp/alliance down the road.

That being said, EvE is EvE, and I'm glad that there's still a place for highsec attacks, even if they're more challenging to pull off. I will always defend Goonswarm's ability to affect ice mining, along with all the wannabes that have spawned as a result of their campaign. Everyone is free to play how they like to have fun, within the rules.

But please, stop calling yourself the hardcore of EvE. What a joke. Non-consensual PvP is not hardcore, unless its in low/nullsec and you're preparing traps for an enemy that knows how to fight and actually presents a real risk and danger.

The most skilled pilots in the game are more than willing to honor 1 vs 1's, because they're confident in their abilities. Engaging in consensual PvP does not strip you of hardcore credentials.

Highsec ganking is an easy affair. It requires some easily computable math to determine what you need to pop your target, and what you need to earn to make it profitable. Its pretty elementary pew pew, if you can even call it that. Crying because your formula is tweaked is just pathetic. Come out to low/null, and fight against an armed opponent that has as many skillpoints as you do, than you can call yourself hardcore.

CPM0 Chairman / CSM7 Vice Secretary

Meatbag Pussrocket
Root.
#76 - 2011-11-08 17:41:34 UTC
...aaaaand /thread.
Serial Chi
White Knights of Equestria
#77 - 2011-11-08 17:48:12 UTC
pirate tears fill my belly faster then carebear tears Big smile
Corina Jarr
en Welle Shipping Inc.
#78 - 2011-11-08 21:07:23 UTC
The mid gank corp ejection thing, does it happen automatically or done by the CEO.

If automatically, that is the stupidest thing since Jersey Shore.
Ladie Harlot
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2011-11-08 21:13:57 UTC
Hans Jagerblitzen wrote:

Whoever called you the Rohypnol street muggers is spot on. You're not fighters, you're opportunistic creeps that think they're badass cause they can stomp noobs. Not only is it a weak way to say that you "PvP", but you're potentially killing off interest for players that could stick with the game long enough to be an asset to your corp/alliance down the road.

This is amazing. Never stop posting.

The artist formerly known as Ladie Scarlet.