These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

API checker - Simple tool to do background checks. (No longer simple!)

Author
Xer Jin
XER'S LONE SOLOS CLUB
#141 - 2013-06-26 19:49:40 UTC
piece of crap keeps crashing after importing api data
Xer Jin
XER'S LONE SOLOS CLUB
#142 - 2013-06-26 19:52:51 UTC
wth wouldnt you update your first post withh the most up to date version herpderp
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#143 - 2013-06-26 21:58:02 UTC
Fixed some bugs.
New version available here. (x86 here)

@Lisara: Did the last version give any change? (Well, I kind of assume you were talking about the last version, but here's hoping you weren't. Makes it a lot easier. P)
Bacon Yahweh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#144 - 2013-06-26 22:28:40 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
Fixed some bugs.

@Lisara: Did the last version give any change? (Well, I kind of assume you were talking about the last version, but here's hoping you weren't. Makes it a lot easier. P)

First, thanks for a great tool - It has saved me a ton of time since a couple months ago when I discovered it. +1 from this guy.

I am still getting a couple errors though, even with the latest version - one is the crash during actually checking the API that has been mentioned above in the thread. It seems to die when looking at killmails; I wonder if you didn't update it for the possible presence of new scanning modules or some other new thing? I guess the API might have changed a bit in the latest expansion, and I'm just brainstorming what might have changed.

Another error, though it doesn't seem to affect operation, is upon initial load: I get a popup box (application modal information window) that says "Error loading data. The application will now close" or something very similar. My only option is an OK button, but when I press it - the app does not close. It still lets me open a project and do stuff, though I then get the error above when I check the APIs.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot, so if there is something you want me to try, let me know.
Ashly19
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#145 - 2013-06-27 00:29:47 UTC
Bacon Yahweh wrote:
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
Fixed some bugs.

First, thanks for a great tool - It has saved me a ton of time since a couple months ago when I discovered it. +1 from this guy.

I am still getting a couple errors though, even with the latest version - one is the crash during actually checking the API that has been mentioned above in the thread. It seems to die when looking at killmails; I wonder if you didn't update it for the possible presence of new scanning modules or some other new thing? I guess the API might have changed a bit in the latest expansion, and I'm just brainstorming what might have changed.

Another error, though it doesn't seem to affect operation, is upon initial load: I get a popup box (application modal information window) that says "Error loading data. The application will now close" or something very similar. My only option is an OK button, but when I press it - the app does not close. It still lets me open a project and do stuff, though I then get the error above when I check the APIs.

I'm happy to help troubleshoot, so if there is something you want me to try, let me know.

Just wanted to comment that I'm having the exact same problem as the above poster. This on Win7 x64. I've tried both of the newest versions and it happens with both. Thanks for the great app though!
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#146 - 2013-06-27 18:34:22 UTC  |  Edited by: ItsmeHcK1
Bacon Yahweh wrote:

Yes and no. The API from CCP will now just return combat scanner probes instead of deep space ones, but the zKillboard API returns a non-existing item. (Because it was removed.)
This shouldn't crash anything though, it just says 'Unknown item' in the logs.
I debated making a specific exception for those two items, but figured it wasn't worth it in the long run, as they're not coming back.

Bacon Yahweh wrote:

That should certainly not happen... Especially the application not closing after that message.
If the data isn't loaded, the whole thing would never work, hence the closing part. P

After some testing I've been able to replicate the fault causing it not to quit, will fix it asap. (Shouldn't be too hard.)
As for why it shows in the first place is another issue...
Do you have the data folder in the same place as the exe?

-edit-
Fixes here and here (x86).
CaptSky
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#147 - 2013-06-28 12:39:27 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
Bacon Yahweh wrote:

Yes and no. The API from CCP will now just return combat scanner probes instead of deep space ones, but the zKillboard API returns a non-existing item. (Because it was removed.)
This shouldn't crash anything though, it just says 'Unknown item' in the logs.
I debated making a specific exception for those two items, but figured it wasn't worth it in the long run, as they're not coming back.

Bacon Yahweh wrote:

That should certainly not happen... Especially the application not closing after that message.
If the data isn't loaded, the whole thing would never work, hence the closing part. P

After some testing I've been able to replicate the fault causing it not to quit, will fix it asap. (Shouldn't be too hard.)
As for why it shows in the first place is another issue...
Do you have the data folder in the same place as the exe?

-edit-
Fixes here and here (x86).

After downloading the newest version, I'm getting an immediate crash.

http://puu.sh/3qgEE.jpg

That error message, after I click OK there is a slight pause before the program closes.
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#148 - 2013-06-28 14:23:50 UTC  |  Edited by: ItsmeHcK1
Well, that shouldn't be happening.
Did you replace the data folder with the one in the current archive?

If you did, then I'll need some more info:
1) What version of Windows are you using?
2) Is your current date/time setting correct?
3) Which country/language variation of Windows are you using?

CaptSky wrote:
That error message, after I click OK there is a slight pause before the program closes.

On the bright side, that's exactly how it's supposed to happen. The main window should be the last to go.
CaptSky
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#149 - 2013-06-28 14:38:54 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
Well, that shouldn't be happening.
Did you replace the data folder with the one in the current archive?

If you did, then I'll need some more info:
1) What version of Windows are you using?
2) Is your current date/time setting correct?
3) Which country/language variation of Windows are you using?

CaptSky wrote:

On the bright side, that's exactly how it's supposed to happen. The main window should be the last to go.

Yes, I replaced the data folder and it's contents.

1. Windows 7 Ultimate x64
2. Yes - http://puu.sh/3qk9V.jpg
3. US - Eastern TZ, English
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#150 - 2013-06-28 14:47:29 UTC  |  Edited by: ItsmeHcK1
Figured as much as soon as I started to think about it - my bad.
Simple explanation: The dates in the data file are in European format. Your version of Windows doesn't understand dd-mm-yyyy, silly Americans.
I really should've thought about that before publishing. /o\

On the bright side, it's VERY easy to fix.
While I work on making it function properly, you can simply replace the Type.js file in the data folder with this one for a quick and dirty fix.

On a related note:
Due to recent changes in the API the kill API may cause the application to crash.
For now, I recommend unticking 'Kills: API' on the Scan settings tab.
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#151 - 2013-06-28 19:27:19 UTC
Aaaaand done!
Fixed the bug mentioned above and updated the Eve.Net library to make use of the updated API stuff.

Downloads here and here (x86).
Thugnificent Gangstalicio
Doomheim
#152 - 2013-07-08 18:22:31 UTC
I love the social button.
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#153 - 2013-07-09 21:50:30 UTC
Would you dare say it is... well placed?
Admiral Kahor
T3chnicolour
#154 - 2013-07-12 16:34:31 UTC
All I can say is this tool is freakin awesome, major kudos! Big smile
ShadowandLight
Trigger Happy Capsuleers
#155 - 2013-07-24 19:23:28 UTC
any chance of adding the ability to parse corp information in this tool as well?
ItsmeHcK1
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#156 - 2013-07-24 19:28:18 UTC
Parse corp information how?
Draconic Slayer
Full Broadside
Deepwater Hooligans
#157 - 2013-07-24 21:38:16 UTC
When I click to expand a desired solar system in the assets tab, it continually pop-ups a dialog reading, "Image already added?" and continues to do so until I've clicked 'Ok' twenty or more times and then everything within the program becomes unclickable.
ShadowandLight
Trigger Happy Capsuleers
#158 - 2013-07-24 23:27:57 UTC
ItsmeHcK1 wrote:
Parse corp information how?

location of corp members, list of corp assets, pos's etc... all the things that corp level API gives you? :)
GeekWarrior
S0utherN Comfort
#159 - 2013-07-25 01:58:30 UTC
So I ran this through a decompiler, and while I'm not going to post it, the decompiled C# appears to be completely legit and in no way obfuscates anything that could be construed as unsavory.

Planetary Genocide
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#160 - 2013-07-25 03:11:04 UTC
C#?

You dickhole. You monster.

That having been said, your application is probably awesome for people who think they are guarding against spais and the like, so you've probably brought some peace and mind to the community. For that, I commend you.

Learn Java!