These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Visual Asteroid Timer

Author
electrostatus
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-06-26 15:31:24 UTC  |  Edited by: electrostatus
The Visual Asteroid Timer

[Download Link]
[Screenshot]

Vertigo Ren and I have written an asteroid mining timer which will inform you exactly when to turn off your mining lasers. It can track any number of asteroids, gives a visual indicator of where the timer on the laser would be when the roid depletes, audio cues,auto saving and loading of laser data and best of all: you don't have to type the asteroid data in - copy and paste that info directly from the scan window!

Quick instructions:
On first start, go to the setup tab and enter in the cycle time and mining amount of your mining laser.
In Eve, select which asteriods you are currently mining from the asteriod scanner. ctrl-c to copy the selected asteriods. Then paste that info into the input box in on the asteriods tab of the program.
Click 'Mine ->' on which asteriods you are currently mining and they will show up in the mining section to the left. Click start to have it start mining on the currently active laser you setup first.

Asteroid Timer: Know exactly when that roid depletes! PI Profit Calculator: calculates your profits and taxes of any PI product depending on how you built them!

MicDeath Titan
No Mans Corp
incendia equus
#2 - 2013-06-27 07:12:46 UTC
That seems more tedious than:
Step One: Scan
Step Two: [Laser/Strip mine amount] divided by ore weight
Step Three: Divide Step Two's number by 4.
Step Four: Turn off laser either at 25%-50%-75% or 100%

Step 2 Sets up knowing how many cycles need to drain a roid dry.
Then doing Step 4 becomes second nature for the entire mining op of that ore.

Can you post a video of this in action?
KATASKOPOS
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-06-27 09:21:06 UTC
Nice idea, but I would like to propose an idea. Why don't you write the app by means of html or something so every one can use it in the IGB? It would be much more efficient thus useful, based on the fact that mining requires lot of timing.

Other than that, its a nice idea.
Vertigo Ren
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2013-06-27 17:15:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Vertigo Ren
MicDeath Titan:

Step 2 seems repetitive unless you've got a spreadsheet with the numbers already written down. Secondly you are keeping track of each roid in your head.? There is no calculations involved for you to do here. This takes all the guesswork out of your 25-50% or 50-70% or 100% visually, and with a noise to let you know its done.

And if you are wrong, you gotta start your lasers up again and figure it out again. This can also keep track of as many asteroids you can currently mining.

I will try see about getting a video by the end of the weekend, I'm pressed for time though.

Kataskopos:

You are asking for a compete re-write of the program in an entirely different programming language. Not to mention we'd then keep it hosted on a server which we don't have. It is a nice idea, but currently impractical for us.

Please note, this is our fist open beta release.
QuakeGod
Empire Manufacturing
#5 - 2013-06-27 17:55:46 UTC
I've got an even better idea.

1. Target asteroid
2. Mine asteroid until empty
3. Wipe out entire belt
4. Profit

I hate it when I enter a belt where someone has left 150 golf ball size rocks (which I mine anyway) and even with all of their calculations and timing, they still leave 2 Orca loads in the belt.
Kamorain Dinard
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-06-28 11:42:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Kamorain Dinard
QuakeGod wrote:
I've got an even better idea.

1. Target asteroid
2. Mine asteroid until empty
3. Wipe out entire belt
4. Profit

I hate it when I enter a belt where someone has left 150 golf ball size rocks (which I mine anyway) and even with all of their calculations and timing, they still leave 2 Orca loads in the belt.

This takes the guesswork out of mining just long enough so that the roid is just depleted. It'll stop people leaving whole belts of roids with hardly any ore left in each if they use it.

MicDeath Titan wrote:
That seems more tedious than:
Step One: Scan
Step Two: [Laser/Strip mine amount] divided by ore weight
Step Three: Divide Step Two's number by 4.
Step Four: Turn off laser either at 25%-50%-75% or 100%

This seems more efficient to me.

This looks like it could be useful. I used to enjoy doing basically what this program does manually but, lately, I tend to be looking at something else and waste part cycles so, I should probably use this.