These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POLL: Which is Better? Mining or Ganking Miners?

Author
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#41 - 2013-06-26 03:13:21 UTC
It's like anything else. Do it long enough, it's grind.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Evangelina Nolen
Sama Guild
#42 - 2013-06-26 03:29:44 UTC
Starting to wonder what all this gank miner business is. How many catalysts does is take?
Galdor
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-06-26 03:33:15 UTC
Unfortunately, it seems that the PC gankers are still lacking common sense these days since they still don't grasp that the economy is supported by all players.

That being the case, if the ignoramuses keep ganking miners repeatedly especially in highsec (whether those miners rage quit or not) the mineral prices will eventually sky rocket and those shiny ships the gankers use will become harder to get.

You're welcome.
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#44 - 2013-06-26 12:50:37 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
If I get 1 million likes my mom will take me to Disneyland.

Quoting for no likes.
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#45 - 2013-06-26 12:55:11 UTC
Galdor wrote:
Unfortunately, it seems that the PC gankers are still lacking common sense these days since they still don't grasp that the economy is supported by all players.

That being the case, if the ignoramuses keep ganking miners repeatedly especially in highsec (whether those miners rage quit or not) the mineral prices will eventually sky rocket and those shiny ships the gankers use will become harder to get.

You're welcome.

Yes, but the mining ship producers must feed their kids too! If miners aren't ganked, demand for those ships will drop.

Just accept your part in the food chain, circle of life, and all that jazz.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ace Uoweme
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2013-06-26 12:56:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Ace Uoweme
Erotica 1 wrote:

The New Order has just celebrated the one year anniversary since James 315 started the miner bumping movement. Before that, we had Hulkageddon and the Ice Interdiction.

Consequences were great: we got all the mining barges redesigned with better cargoholds; tank and mining yields, even.

So more ganking = better barges and exhumers.

Some history is good to repeat! Bear

Pssst: Mine in Amarr. That's where all the IsBox miners went. New Order stays in Caldari, just mix and mingle with the vets in Amarr land...they won't gank their own. P

_"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." _ ~George Orwell

Soylent Jade
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#47 - 2013-06-26 12:57:49 UTC
Galdor wrote:

You're welcome.

...and miners smart enough to tank their boats and/or have corp support make more money. Also, barges and exhumers (along with their modules) become more expensive, leading to bigger loot pinatas and killmails. Sounds like a win/win!

Making hisec better...one Catalyst at a time

minerbumping.com

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#48 - 2013-06-26 12:58:13 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
If I get 1 million likes my mom will take me to Disneyland.

Liked.

Good luck, and I hope "It's a small world after all" over and over and over doesn't cause too much mental trauma if you end up on that ride.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Gealbhan
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#49 - 2013-06-26 13:10:21 UTC
I'm surprised E1 hasn't starting linking his Amazon wish list yet. Yes, I said His. Arrow
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#50 - 2013-06-26 13:38:37 UTC
For me it's not a issue of which do I "like". It's an issue with impact.

Ganking miners reduces the minerals coming into the economy which increases ship prices. It also removes items and minerals by destroying them, thereby reducing supply and increasing demand, and therefore increasing prices. Ganking makes the effects of inflation worse. Simple as that.

Mining carebears do the literal opposite. They hoard and keep their stuff safe, thereby keeping supply up and reducing demand. Therefore reducing the effects of inflation. On top of that they inject minerals into the economy and reduce mineral prices and therefore ship prices.

Gankers are bad for Eve, and Miners are good for Eve. I don't like doing either of those things, but I know which ones deserve my support.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#51 - 2013-06-26 13:48:33 UTC
Selling ships to miners and gankers, duh.
Fernando MRuiz
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2013-06-26 14:45:20 UTC
Tippia wrote:

Even better: mining to make the ships to sell to miners and gankers, colloquially known as 'stirring the pot'.

"One must, in one's life, make a choice between boredom and suffering." - Mme. Germaine de Staël

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#53 - 2013-06-26 14:57:50 UTC
Fernando MRuiz wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Even better: mining to make the ships to sell to miners and gankers, colloquially known as 'stirring the pot'.

Pff. That involves work, so how can it be better?

"Adding value" (i.e. selling minerals back to the miners in a new form that they desperately need) using only a few clicks a week, and taking advantage of the work done by others (both gankers and miners) is so much easier. P
Fernando MRuiz
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#54 - 2013-06-26 15:03:57 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Fernando MRuiz wrote:
Tippia wrote:

Pff. That involves work, so how can it be better?

"Adding value" (i.e. selling minerals back to the miners in a new form that they desperately need) using only a few clicks a week, and taking advantage of the work done by others (both gankers and miners) is so much easier. P

Meh, the little bit more sweat never hurt anyone.

Oh, wait. Suicide ganks. Meh, point still stands.

"One must, in one's life, make a choice between boredom and suffering." - Mme. Germaine de Staël

Razor Jax
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2013-06-26 15:36:45 UTC
I kill New Order members and supporters on site. They are con artists that prey on new players, nothing more. Truth be told Iv had more fun ganking them when they try to "enforce" that ******** code than anything else.
Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2013-06-26 16:43:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarra Mandalin
Jake Warbird wrote:
As far as MY poll within this poll is concerned, most people think this thread is a waste of time AND space. Sort of like how everyone likes miners AND gankers.

Posting in a stealth 'Like Jake Warbird' MOAR thread, though no one will EVAR catch up with Alice.
Erotica kepps on truckin' though.
What was this thread about, again?

Oh yes, ganker/miner, miner/ganker. It's all good.
Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#57 - 2013-06-26 16:43:32 UTC

Due to popular demand, you can vote for a new polling feature in forums here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=252877

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#58 - 2013-06-26 16:56:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarra Mandalin
Erotica 1 wrote:

Due to popular demand, you can vote for a new polling feature in forums here:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=252877

Wait, a ponzi poll scheme within a pyramid poll-like scheme, with nested like polls?
My head hurts -- so I liked everyone whom is responsible.
But I draw the line here.

----------------------------------------------- <------------- line in the sand
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#59 - 2013-06-26 17:18:17 UTC
Amarra Mandalin wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
As far as MY poll within this poll is concerned, most people think this thread is a waste of time AND space. Sort of like how everyone likes miners AND gankers.

Posting in a stealth 'Like Jake Warbird' MOAR thread, though no one will EVAR catch up with Alice.

Thanks much! Alice is a good friend though, so no I'm not competing lol
Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2013-06-26 17:20:49 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Amarra Mandalin wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:

Thanks much! Alice is a good friend though, so no I'm not competing lol

You're most welcome. But I meant competing with Erotica -- see, this thread is confusing. ha ha