These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Easier Fitting Window Idea

Author
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-06-25 00:29:57 UTC
So when looking through fittings that are saved in Eve, do you think it would be a great idea if the fitting window showed if you owned the modules/rigs required for the fit you are browsing in the fitting window?

As of right now, the saved fits window only tells you if you are able to fit the module/rig with a green little checkmark. It would be really neat and convenient if the window also showed you if you owned that module/rig in station so you could click "fit" without any hesitation. It's been annoying to find that I owned a Small Anti-Explosive Pump and a Small ACR, but not a Small Trimark Armor Pump so the ship is fully fit but doesn't have one of the rigs that I need. (And the nearest market hub is 10 jumps away)

It seems a very small enhancement for "hassle-free" fitting issues.
Fenix Caderu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-06-25 01:16:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Fenix Caderu
Sounds a lot like the way fitting works on DUST. That would be nice. A simple number next to the modules name in the list would suffice. Maybe red for zero.

It would be a lot easier if you could also click on the empty slot in the fitting screen, then choose an available module from a drop down text list. Sort of like in DUST, too. Not sure if that's possible within EVE...but it would speed things up a lot. Dragging and dropping module after module can get old...especially if you're trying to fit a ship quickly, or if your fitting a large ship with lots of modules.
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-06-25 01:19:14 UTC
Fenix Caderu wrote:
Sounds a lot like the way fitting works on DUST. That would be nice. A simple number next to the modules name in the list would suffice. Maybe red for zero.

It would be a lot easier if you could also click on the empty slot in the fitting screen, then choose an available module from a drop down text list. Sort of like in DUST, too. Not sure if that's possible within EVE...but it would speed things up a lot. Dragging and dropping module after module can get old...especially if you're trying to fit a ship quickly, or if your fitting a large ship with lots of modules.

You know you can fit your ship exactly how it's listed on your fitting window by using the "Fit" button? The change I'm trying to push is having a counter or something on the list so you can fit your ship instead of having to check your inventory to make sure you have all the ammo or modules/rigs.
Fenix Caderu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2013-06-25 01:36:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Fenix Caderu
Yes I know. Thats what I was talking about. All they'd need to do would be to add a number next to the modules name in the saved fits. It would serve the purpose of a counter, and yeah, it would be great and speed up the fitting process.

I just added onto that, to speed up the fitting process even more because what you're suggesting about the counter...it's already in DUST so CCP should already have the concept. The saved fit is red in DUST, to indicate one or more modules are missing. But also in DUST, you can click on the empty module slot and see only modules that fit there in a text list. I'd love to see them implement all of it in EVE. this would speed up fitting your ships from scratch, as well as putting together your saved fits.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#5 - 2013-06-25 01:50:05 UTC
How is picking from a list faster than dragging and dropping or clicking the "Fit" button? DUST works the way it does because of controllers. If DUST were on PC, I guarantee they'd have drag-and-drop fitting too.

Anyway, I can support something along the lines of what OP is proposing.
Fenix Caderu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-06-25 02:00:48 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
How is picking from a list faster than dragging and dropping or clicking the "Fit" button? DUST works the way it does because of controllers. If DUST were on PC, I guarantee they'd have drag-and-drop fitting too.

Anyway, I can support something along the lines of what OP is proposing.

I'm talking about fitting a ship from scratch...unless you get all your saved fits from someone else...and you can use the keyboard/mouse with DUST. Actually you have to use the keyboard in order to chat unless you like the controller option...I was just saying I agree with the OP and that CCP should already have the concept. And yes, it would be easier and faster to use a drop down list instead of searching for each module in your inventory if you have lots of stuff in station.
Gigan Amilupar
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2013-06-25 04:28:05 UTC
Wouldn't be a bad idea if the fit checked to see if you had the items in station. Personally though, before we saw that I would like to see a general upgrade to the fitting window. I do all my experimental fits and everything in EvE-HQ, and I love it; It does a great job. But it kind of feels like a failure on CCP's part that I have to go out of client to do that kind of thing instead of the tools being provided to me in-game.