These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Looking for solo or dual-box PvE setup with very heavy tank

Author
Freighdee Katt
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2013-06-24 12:38:43 UTC
Bertrand Butler wrote:
The loadout I posted has unheated 2930 HP/s with links

Yeah, two ship setups always work so much better when you magically add that third ship. He already said he's got a cheap four ship setup that works fine, with Tengus. The question was can it be done with two. So your "two ships + links" bullshit fit is a non-answer.

EvE is supposed to suck.  Wait . . . what was the question?

Bertrand Butler
Cras es Noster
#22 - 2013-06-24 12:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Bertrand Butler
Freighdee Katt wrote:
Bertrand Butler wrote:
The loadout I posted has unheated 2930 HP/s with links

Yeah, two ship setups always work so much better when you magically add that third ship. He already said he's got a cheap four ship setup that works fine, with Tengus. The question was can it be done with two. So your "two ships + links" bullshit fit is a non-answer.

Dude, again. The guy asked whether its possible to have a ship that can sustain the DPS and neut in a specific ladar/gas site. This does it alone, without links.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/Dante80/bellycancer/24-6-20132-54-20mumu-1.png

Stop posting. Or keep getting owned, its fine by me. We've been using this ship for years now lol...

Also, you are not getting the point. The OP asked for some suggestions, other players went and gave him some. No need for bickering, we are not helping him that way.
Caius Sivaris
Dark Nexxus
#23 - 2013-06-24 13:16:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Caius Sivaris
Don't the "sleepers keep aggro on scramming ships" trick work anymore?

If it still does, just throw in a passive resist SNI as tank, with a scram, a Scimitar/Basilisk and whatever DPS ships you want.

Something like that might work, it tanks 2k dps with 4 Large S95a shield transporters, before any link is applied. IIRC, just scram whatever friendly warps after you and sleeper aggro won't swap.

[Scorpion Navy Issue, Sleeper bait]
Damage Control II
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System

Fleeting Progressive Warp Scrambler I
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Gistum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Gistum C-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Gistum C-Type Thermic Dissipation Amplifier
Gistum C-Type Kinetic Deflection Amplifier
Gistum C-Type Explosive Deflection Amplifier

Torpedo Launcher II, Mjolnir Torpedo
[empty high slot]

Large Core Defense Field Extender I
GhostDragoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2013-06-24 23:02:09 UTC
You can run just about anything except incursions with 2 characters. Train one for a maxed out Machariel, or whatever appropriate pirate BS you can get the most gank and efficiency balance out of; then train the other for Logi 5 and get them maxed out in the appropriate Logi ship. I believe the Guardian and Basilisk are best for this. I know the Basi is the good one for shield PvE, but for the armor one you'll want to use the one with the most high slots.

Once you have the skills trained up, then play with them a lot on the test server. If trying to get a setup for an exploration site, then go find those sites on the test server in the region you will be exploring & run your attempts against that site. While still training the skills you can try all sorts of different fits & tactics that way to see what works for you.

I learned the high end PvE game this way and it's the only way I could really point you towards for finding the most efficient way to run whatever you are planning.
Alexander McKeon
Perkone
Caldari State
#25 - 2013-06-25 11:31:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Alexander McKeon
GhostDragoon wrote:
You can run just about anything except incursions with 2 characters. Train one for a maxed out Machariel, or whatever appropriate pirate BS you can get the most gank and efficiency balance out of; then train the other for Logi 5 and get them maxed out in the appropriate Logi ship. I believe the Guardian and Basilisk are best for this. I know the Basi is the good one for shield PvE, but for the armor one you'll want to use the one with the most high slots.

Once you have the skills trained up, then play with them a lot on the test server. If trying to get a setup for an exploration site, then go find those sites on the test server in the region you will be exploring & run your attempts against that site. While still training the skills you can try all sorts of different fits & tactics that way to see what works for you.

I learned the high end PvE game this way and it's the only way I could really point you towards for finding the most efficient way to run whatever you are planning.

Shocked The level of ignorance and misinformation in your post is simply astounding, I don't know where to start. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that you're not simply trolling, but rather posted that steaming pile in good faith.

1. Neither the Basilisk nor Guardian can function solo, you'd have to put an energy transfer on the battleship, which will be impossible to run if you get neuted out.
2. The battleship sure as hell isn't going to rep the logi, these sites require two or three tengu-bonused large shield reps to keep a scimitar alive. Yes, the Sleepers WILL swap DPS & Neut primary to the logi.
3. You can't get enough resists on a Machariel to tank Sleepers.
4. You damn well can't run combat sleeper sites with just two characters in high-class WHs; what I'm talking about are gas sites with defensive rats, not regular combat sites.

You do realize that sleeper sites can reach upwards of 12,000 DPS under certain conditions, right? I've had to take my PvE dreadnought out of siege so that the triage carrier could rep me because my 7,000 DPS local tank wasn't enough. Wormholes are a land of 190k EHP Sleeper BS that do 600 dps apiece, have long-range neuts, webs, scrams, and spawn in groups; what works in k-space PvE doesn't work in w-space. What you speak of might work in level 4s, but Sleepers are an entirely different ballgame.

@Caius Sivaris; a couple times when we've crashed site-runners' party, I've scrammed sleepers just for a laugh and they didn't swap aggro to me, nor when I've infini-pointed them even.

@Bertrand Butler: I'll definitely play around with that Rattlesnake fit on Sisi, though finding the right sleepers to fight there could be an adventure all it's own.
Chi'Nane T'Kal
Interminatus
#26 - 2013-06-25 13:13:55 UTC
The spider RS setup above was a step in the right direction, but CCC rigs are pretty fail with so much etransfer involved. There's a dedicated rig for that and it should be used.

Dual boxing Rattlesnakes won't do the trick, but 3 should work:

[Rattlesnake, rs]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Power Relay I
Damage Control II

EM Ward Field II
Thermic Dissipation Field II
Gistum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II
Omnidirectional Tracking Link II

Large Energy Transfer Array II
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter
Large S95a Partial Shield Transporter

Large Egress Port Maximizer I

Garde II x5

RR from 2 of these would produce about 2250 hp/s on the third. 3 cap transfers need permanent chaining to keep the RR stable. 4 outgoing with 3 incoming is not cap stable, but 2 ships alternating can keep the neuted third ship up easily with that 4th etransfer.
Seth Mortis
Lone Walker Corp
#27 - 2013-06-25 13:47:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Seth Mortis
2 of them rr each, with 1 heated em hardener and 1 heated cap transfer it can hold for 2 minutes taking all the damage of this: http://eve-survival.org/wikka.php?wakka=VitalCoreReservoir

2 minutes should be more than enough to kill 1 battleship sleeper with the drones (slighty more dpos than the first posted passive rattlesnake fit)

only prob its pretty darn expensive

[Dominix Navy Issue, Sleeper]
Beta Reactor Control: Capacitor Flux I

Gist X-Type EM Ward Field
Pith X-Type Thermic Dissipation Field
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster