These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bounty hunting with Arbitrator

Author
Fried Archer
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2013-06-23 10:41:59 UTC
I am new here in EVE online. In my 14 day trial I saw an Arbitrator and it was love at first sight, and now that I started to play EVE for real I finally got it. But I found out that the Arbitrator is not the best choice and that it also uses electronic warfare. But despite all the minuses it has I found an Solo build for it and some player seem to think that its not a bad build ( here's the link for it http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/32471-Solo-Arbitrator.html ) So my idea is to use this build for some bounty hunting. So I would like to hear your thought about it. But please remember I'm a noob, so please don't be too harsh on me :D

Thanks
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#2 - 2013-06-23 10:46:29 UTC
Try it and find out.
best way to learn buddy.
just be aware of how your sec status will be affected by your actions
Fried Archer
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2013-06-23 10:51:31 UTC
Hmm I don't really know what does the sec status do. I knoe some people have it like above 3 or something. I have 0.1... Will bounty hunting affect that? If, then will it be in a good way or in a bad way?
Threndir
ISK Enterprises Ltd
#4 - 2013-06-23 11:06:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Threndir
With bounty hunting, you mean hunting for other people and claim their bounty? If so, the Arbitrator fit you linked could work but you have to pick your fights carefully. And also the damage comes from your drones so you need quite some drone skills to do a bit of DPS.

If you are talking about NPC bounties, the fit you linked does not work so well. It's a PVP fit, and most mods fitted do not really affect the NPC's you are fighting.

And if you want to know more about how security status works you can read it here.
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#5 - 2013-06-23 11:19:14 UTC
Player bounty hunting is difficult as you need to track your targets down which is very challenging, the fit you linked is meant for solo PvP in low security systems (it will be hard to use in null security because you need an MWD to get out of bubbles). If you want to use the Arbitrator in low sec that fitting is decent, but it's old and the Arbi gained a low slot, I'd fit a drone damage amplifier in it. Make sure you can use T2 drones and you have good drone skills before jumping into an Arbitrator for PvP though.

Once you can fit it out I suggest you go for it and test it out in low security, that's the best way to learn and you'll figure out what works best for you after you lose a few Arbis.
Fried Archer
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2013-06-23 15:32:45 UTC
Oh... This just made the whole thing alot clearer for me. Yes, I am looking for pvp bounty hunting. Thank you for your advices. I just hope that I wont get destoyed by the first guy I see xD
Dato Koppla
Did he say Jump
Dock Workers
#7 - 2013-06-23 15:57:27 UTC
Fried Archer wrote:
Oh... This just made the whole thing alot clearer for me. Yes, I am looking for pvp bounty hunting. Thank you for your advices. I just hope that I wont get destoyed by the first guy I see xD

Also very important for PvP is learning all the various timers and flags you can get/encounter, it's essential to PvP, research it. But yeah, don't go be afraid and go for it but always remember the golden rule, 'Don't fly what you can't afford to lose'.

Fly safe o7