These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

jita is closed every day to europe prime time... make a mirror jita

First post First post
Author
7of Six
Keeper of Ouzo
#1 - 2013-06-23 06:40:46 UTC
hi

every day it´s frustrating - because I can not log in in jita. I´m a trader - it is my life to sit in jita...

f.e. if too many peolple fighting in a system - there is time dilation - but for traders, they are locked out. Sure I can make orders from an other system, but is it not the same - it´s just a compromise...

My suggestion: if jita is full, create a jita mirror system with new lokal - so people can jump in. All orders, buys and sells, items, ships, trade goods etc. are effective in both systems. If people in jita are decreasing, with a 15min waring, the jita mirror is closed and the player will appear in jita warping to their position or sitting on station...
Azurae
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-06-23 06:51:42 UTC
7of Six wrote:
hi

every day it´s frustrating - because I can not log in in jita. I´m a trader - it is my life to sit in jita...

f.e. if too many peolple fighting in a system - there is time dilation - but for traders, they are locked out. Sure I can make orders from an other system, but is it not the same - it´s just a compromise...

My suggestion: if jita is full, create a jita mirror system with new lokal - so people can jump in. All orders, buys and sells, items, ships, trade goods etc. are effective in both systems. If people in jita are decreasing, with a 15min waring, the jita mirror is closed and the player will appear in jita warping to their position or sitting on station...

this is not WoW. no to any instancing. when i'm in a solar system i want to be sure that everyone else that is in that system is there with me and not in some other instance.

go back to WoW
7of Six
Keeper of Ouzo
#3 - 2013-06-23 06:57:39 UTC
jita mirror has his own lokal, so you can not see people from jita - but only the items and orders appear in both systems...
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2013-06-23 07:13:21 UTC
No.

Go to another trade hub.
Solutio Letum
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-06-23 07:13:23 UTC
this is part of trying to kill the bots, bots dont know how to travel from one system to the next.
Also go in Dodixi Rens, or Amarr,jita is getting a nerf bat, they are moving people out a bit more making station trading more possible, deal with it
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2013-06-23 07:14:38 UTC
uhhh is there anything wrong with doing business from New Caldari? It's still in the Forge region. It's what I do, don't let the bots win.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Anti-social Tendencies
Society for Miner Education
#7 - 2013-06-23 07:21:53 UTC
According to the Devs. It isn't the station trading bots that are the issue in Jita. Apparently it is the ship traffic, not local or the markets that create the problems. So you can't blame the problem on the bots.

I may need to make a move into another trade hub myself, it would just be a huge hassle.

"Patience: n, a minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue." - AMBROSE PIERCE

Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#8 - 2013-06-23 07:27:44 UTC
Anti-social Tendencies wrote:
According to the Devs. It isn't the station trading bots that are the issue in Jita. Apparently it is the ship traffic, not local or the markets that create the problems. So you can't blame the problem on the bots.

I may need to make a move into another trade hub myself, it would just be a huge hassle.

No worries, I'll help you to move your assets. Smile
7of Six
Keeper of Ouzo
#9 - 2013-06-23 07:37:41 UTC
yes busines from new caldari is possible, but it is just a compromise, not the solution i think.
But is the solution to do nothing and jita is blocked very day during prime for the next years????

change the trading hub is not the solution, because jita is unique and i have items there for 40 billions. jita trading is not the same as trading in an other hub. when i see every evening hundreds of ships waiting on a stargate and there are some gates to jita, so that means lots of players are waiting, maybe logging off and are frustrated... - i usually change my orders once and log off and don´t waste my time with waiting...

Spiky Hican
Doomheim
#10 - 2013-06-23 07:54:00 UTC
Basically, the Jita situation is player caused, we decided that Jita 4-4 CNAP is the market hub, and it's become so successful that it's overloaded.

There's nothing much that can be done about it, it's already running on the best hardware they've got, and unfortunately the only solution is to move your stuff and sell it elsewhere.

Any system that handles as much server load traffic as Jita will have the same problem. There is no perfect solution, just keep spamming the buttons to either jump into system, or let you log in.
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2013-06-23 07:59:09 UTC
You have items on the market for 40b? Scammer.

:<

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Erotica 1
Krypteia Operations
#12 - 2013-06-23 08:01:41 UTC

I'm setting up a mirror Jita in cloud ring. Everyone is welcome to join me.

See Bio for isk doubling rules. If you didn't read bio, chances are you funded those who did.

Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#13 - 2013-06-23 09:08:23 UTC
7of Six wrote:
yes busines from new caldari is possible, but it is just a compromise, not the solution i think.
But is the solution to do nothing and jita is blocked very day during prime for the next years????

change the trading hub is not the solution, because jita is unique and i have items there for 40 billions. jita trading is not the same as trading in an other hub. when i see every evening hundreds of ships waiting on a stargate and there are some gates to jita, so that means lots of players are waiting, maybe logging off and are frustrated... - i usually change my orders once and log off and don´t waste my time with waiting...
How is it not a solution to change tradehub?
Jita is not unique in any other regard than CCP removed belts and agents, so actually Jita could be said to be a worse system than Rens or Amarr on that account (Amount of stations makes a difference too, though). There is nothing about Jita that makes a "solution" necessary before you identify what the problem is.

So, please explain what the problem with Jita is. When done with that, you can try to solve it.
If you need help, Malcanis made a neat list that, step-by-step, guides you through it.

The biggest problem I see with Jita is the people who post "solutions" to problems that doesn't exist outside their wild imagination.
Vacille
Vac Inc.
#14 - 2013-06-23 09:49:39 UTC
7of Six wrote:
it´s just a compromise...

Key phrase, this is a game of compromise. It goes the way it goes until CCP can upgrade servers/shards etc etc.
dark heartt
#15 - 2013-06-23 09:52:47 UTC
7of Six wrote:

It's the solution. You just don't want to take it.
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#16 - 2013-06-23 09:55:25 UTC
7of Six wrote:
hi

This is nonsense. I play UK PT and I have no issue getting into Jita. Try harder!

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#17 - 2013-06-23 10:11:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Xercodo
7of Six wrote:

Sure I can make orders from an other system, but is it not the same -

On the contrary, it's exactly the same when you have the remote buy, sell, and modification skills trained. You can be ANYWHERE in the region and work exactly the same way you do now while in Jita.

Besides, it'd be more sane to do it this way, you get all of the market profit without any of the local spam. It's a win-win.

In response to your suggestion, they are working on the "brain in a Box" project which should not only remove a large chunk of Jita congestion sever-side but also GREATLY improve fleet fight performance as I understand it.

Here's a link to the dev post search results on the topic: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=search&search=brain+in+a+box&devbadge=1

The Drake is a Lie

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#18 - 2013-06-23 10:13:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Vaju Enki
No.

Make a isk fee to enter overcrowded systems.

The Tears Must Flow

Mc Scam
Doomheim
#19 - 2013-06-23 10:17:08 UTC
Hell no to instances. Learn to properly spam the d button on the gate, the only ones waiting at the gates for more than 2mins are afkers and people who don't do their research.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#20 - 2013-06-23 10:28:28 UTC
7of Six wrote:
hi

Why keep staying in Jita?

The strategic situation of Jita offers you the possibility to undock, instantly jump and cover 2/3 of null sec trading routes but, is also the very same system where you can get gank after the littlest mistake, on top of market bots online etc etc etc

Seriously, move on. Jita node is already a node on it self only for this system when on the same time, we have to fight with TiDI and watch a stupid tunnel animation for over 15min for a 25AU warp, over 1.5H for 5 miserable jumps, ships being lost to rats because you can't target them before they kill them, players logging off because this is completely unfun etc.

Jita node issues you can perfectly avoid them, Null sec TiDI you don't. A 250 players fleet getting bridged and a couple systems around or entire constellation generously offers you a 10% TiDI and a very bad feeling you're wasting your time playing a game you can't do shite because of same old excuses.

Just move on from there.

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

123Next pageLast page