These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why We Should Support Off Grid Boosting

Author
Logical Chaos
Very Italian People
The Initiative.
#181 - 2013-06-22 19:59:30 UTC
Just leaving this here:

Removal of OGB will result in more blobs, because at the moment if you have a smaller group of pilots (or even solo) but with a booster you can engage all those pesky blobbers while without this tool you are simply left to join one of the blobber's corps and blob by yourself.

Will be quite entertaining for sure
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#182 - 2013-06-22 20:15:18 UTC
It's really remarkable how this thread has already 10 pages and there are still posters who didn't notice the blatant sarcasm of the OP.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Knights Armament
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#183 - 2013-06-22 20:22:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Knights Armament
If a ship isn't with the fleet no one should benefit, eve is a game about taking risk. Hiding behind pos shields is hindering the game, we need to take some of the isk out of the economy by forcing you to take the ship out. You don't like it, then maybe eve isn't the right game for you. I agree that we shouldn't even allow people to undock without blowing up, **** people who want to fly ships, please attach your credit card information to the undock button.
Logical Chaos
Very Italian People
The Initiative.
#184 - 2013-06-22 20:32:43 UTC
Okay first:

You actually CAN probe Boosting T3s with higher sensor strength than sig.

Just have an alt or one member of the fleet be ready when you engage the boosted target. Most of the time it will result in him cloaking (boost gone) or you getting a juicy T3 killmail.

For all those highsec warriors out there: I would agree that giving boosts should flag the booster for combat with any corp attacking the boosted player.

Second (and more important imo)

If Offgrid Boosting gets removed you will get falcowned a lot more often! Which is basically risk-free as well because sitting at 100+km is hard!
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#185 - 2013-06-22 20:38:05 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:
Did you have somebody hiding on that grid too? I am actually v. interested in learning this trick as I know about a dozen 5-6 link boosters that get hidden away in such spots. Feel free to mail me if you would rather it not be public.

We had max skills and implants. As you would expect from an established pirate corp.

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

maCH'EttE
Perkone
Caldari State
#186 - 2013-06-22 20:43:15 UTC
Logical Chaos wrote:
Okay first:

You actually CAN probe Boosting T3s with higher sensor strength than sig.

Just have an alt or one member of the fleet be ready when you engage the boosted target. Most of the time it will result in him cloaking (boost gone) or you getting a juicy T3 killmail.

For all those highsec warriors out there: I would agree that giving boosts should flag the booster for combat with any corp attacking the boosted player.

Second (and more important imo)

If Offgrid Boosting gets removed you will get falcowned a lot more often! Which is basically risk-free as well because sitting at 100+km is hard!

No one mentions the falcon sitting at 90km and perma jamming. The falcon is more of a threat than linking boosts. I dont know when CCP is gonna get off their a** and fix it.
At least if the other fleet has boosts, with no falcon, you are still dealing damage and if your FC is solid, you might kill a couple and gtfo if you are outnumbered, but with a falcon, he sees your fleet, fits the right jam modules and jams atleast 3/4 people.. Good luck..
You might as well, just bend over and say, give it to me r*** train, choo choo, choo
Zircon Dasher
#187 - 2013-06-22 20:48:48 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Zircon Dasher wrote:
Did you have somebody hiding on that grid too? I am actually v. interested in learning this trick as I know about a dozen 5-6 link boosters that get hidden away in such spots. Feel free to mail me if you would rather it not be public.

We had max skills and implants. As you would expect from an established pirate corp.

-Liang

Aye. That was expected. I only had LG's and t1 boosts but even max'd (+drugs) I can only get the time down to a theoretical 40min-- if they are sitting perfectly still-- given the range from warp-in area. I was hoping that you had a different way than these "shenanigans".

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Logical Chaos
Very Italian People
The Initiative.
#188 - 2013-06-22 20:50:41 UTC
Exactly. Which is what will happen if Offgrid Boosting gets nerfed. Every alt can fly a Tengu anyway and from there it is a 2 week train (Electronics Upgrades V + Recon IV).

It will be so much more enjoyable for everyone being jammed instead of hitting on a ship thats faster or has more hp :D
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#189 - 2013-06-22 21:22:48 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
It's really remarkable how this thread has already 10 pages and there are still posters who didn't notice the blatant sarcasm of the OP.

There are too many dumb posts defending ogbs to tell when someone is trolling.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Zircon Dasher
#190 - 2013-06-22 21:30:21 UTC
Cearain wrote:
There are too many dumb posts defending ogbs to tell when someone is trolling.

I thought dumb posting in GD WAS the way to tell when someone is trolling.Shocked

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#191 - 2013-06-22 23:36:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Liang Nuren
Zircon Dasher wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
Zircon Dasher wrote:

-Liang

Aye. That was expected. I only had LG's and t1 boosts but even max'd (+drugs) I can only get the time down to a theoretical 40min-- if they are sitting perfectly still-- given the range from warp-in area. I was hoping that you had a different way than these "shenanigans".

We get warp ins at zero...

-Liang

Ed: Are you sure you have ALL the implants? We were having trouble scanning people down until we realized we were missing a 5% Photeque scan strength implant.

Zircon Dasher
#192 - 2013-06-22 23:39:44 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

Ed: Are you sure you have ALL the implants? We were having trouble scanning people down until we realized we were missing a 5% Photeque scan strength implant.

Ah. We are not talking about the same thing then. I am talking about ships sitting still and people not being able to warp onto the same grid as them.

Liang Nuren
No Salvation
Divine Damnation
#193 - 2013-06-22 23:47:51 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:

-Liang

Ah. We are not talking about the same thing then. I am talking about ships sitting still and people not being able to warp onto the same grid as them.

Ah, I see. That's weird. The only time I'd expect to see something like that is with deadspace plexes - I haven't seen it any other places. Can you duplicate it and file a bug report?

-Liang

Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#194 - 2013-06-23 01:24:35 UTC
No, Off Grid boosting makes perfect sense, you reach out with the force 300 astronomical units and hold his armor together.

Its like strabbing obiwan kenobi to your windshield LOL

LolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLol

Thank You Obama!

Gorgoth24
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#195 - 2013-06-23 04:13:57 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

Some of us recognized the sarcasm but responded to the incredulous people who took up the cause anyways
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#196 - 2013-06-23 04:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Alavaria Fera
Logical Chaos wrote:
Just leaving this here:

Removal of OGB will result in more blobs, because at the moment if you have a smaller group of pilots (or even solo) but with a booster you can engage all those pesky blobbers while without this tool you are simply left to join one of the blobber's corps and blob by yourself.

I'm surprised with all those ships blobbers have, that they don't already have boosters.

Perhaps the issue is that blobbers just have too many ships. Nerf having friends.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Benjen Gelade
Doomheim
#197 - 2013-06-23 06:59:28 UTC
bump
Logical Chaos
Very Italian People
The Initiative.
#198 - 2013-06-23 11:49:52 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:
Logical Chaos wrote:
Just leaving this here:

I'm surprised with all those ships blobbers have, that they don't already have boosters.

Perhaps the issue is that blobbers just have too many ships. Nerf having friends.

Of course they do. At least some. But typically blobbers fly crap like Canes and similar that are not active tanked. So if you fly a pimped out Sleipnir with HG Crystals and OGB you actually stand a chance to take a few down (If they do not run Blackbirds and Logistics that is) because you are scaling better than they are!

EVE won't ever be fair. Those guys complaining that they get owned 1v1 by someone with OGB will get owned by 1v1+Falcon after a possible nerf. Is that better? I'm serious, i'd like to know!

So we go on and nerf Falcons as well. I don't know what people will switch to then. But even if they use their alts in a Covops for scouting only: People will whine that they get owned by people who have HG Sets and consume drugs (it's clearly unfair and pay to win just as much as OGB!).

In the end we all get premade Chracters with full Skillpoints or what?

Now someone will grab this up and say: Yes but with a Falcon and HG Implants you actually risk losing them.

If you thought about it here's the answer: It is probably less likely to lose a Falcon than a T3 that is currently boosting. ANd moneywise you will have tolose 3 Falcons to cost as much as 1 T3.
And losing the implants is less likely to happen than losing a T3.

Thing is: In EVE there is a counter to anything. And since ages ago they took T3s ability to be unprobable! So there IS a counter to them and they are NOT risk-free. You having probes will either result in a T3 kill or in the T3 cloaking up not giving any boosts. Either case is win-win for you!
Alua Oresson
League of the Shieldy
SLYCE Pirates
#199 - 2013-06-23 12:14:16 UTC
Logical Chaos wrote:
Just leaving this here:

Newsflash, the blobbers have boosts too.

Source: I'm in a 100+ person fleet and am boosting offgrid.

I'm all for the removal of offgrid boosting. On grid boosting would mean that the job is not an "alt" job anymore, and that people that are boosting actually participate in the fight.

http://pvpwannabe.blogspot.com/

Acwron
Meet The Fockers
#200 - 2013-06-23 13:34:38 UTC
Call Rollard wrote:
I personally think that Off Grid Boosting should remain for mining etc, Rorq's are too risky to bring into a site.

But then in Combat, you require on-grid boosts for the boosting modules, so Vulture, Loki etc. Cov ops boosting must not be cloaked to give boosts.

For combat. I believe the boosting modules must be used on-grid, however your general boosting levels can be done offgrid.

Comment on this suggestion.

Rorq is risky (3 bil ) , SC ( 30 bil ) and Titan ( 100 bil ) with links are not. I may be bad at math, never liked it.