These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Why does CCP discourage experimentation in EvE Online?

Author
James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#81 - 2013-06-22 20:32:46 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:

- Only a limited number of skills affect any one ship, module, weapon system, and specialty at any given time.
Ex1: Someone you are facing has about 20 million SP, but how much of that overall SP is actually combat related? He/she could be a HUGE industrial player with limited combat skills.
Ex2: A veteran player has just trained up the skill Large Hybrid Turret to level 5. That skill in no way affects the skill Small Hybrid Turret and thus the veteran will be no better or worse than before at the frigate level.

- Getting a skill from level 4 to level 5 only adds on an extra 2% here, 5% there (exceptions apply). If you simply train up all the skills within a specialty to level 4 (which takes a fraction of the amount of time it takes to get those skills to level 5), you will find yourself flying at about 80 to 90% of the effectiveness of a multi-year veteran with those same skills in that specific specialty at level 5 (which is something that can be easily overcome with the right module or tactic).

- Getting a skill to level 5 is supposed to be a painful train. Many players (yes, even veteran ones) opt to avoid doing it and instead train up other skills to level 4 (again, because it's faster).

Except you are wrong, I'll take fw as an example :
- You need support skills (navigation, cap, shield, etc) not only your racial frig skill and weapon skill at 4
- Implant sets make a pretty big difference
- Off grid boosters too obviously
That's a shitload of skills to train for a new player, your example is realllllllllllllllllly specific (fighting an indy char is pretty rare), most people in fw have optimal skills.
So a new character can't solo pvp even in frigs for like 2-3 months, do you find this normal ?

Proud enforcer of 420 BLAZE IT

stup idity
#82 - 2013-06-22 20:36:31 UTC
Adam Gamel wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Adam Gamel wrote:

That's an Exhumer not a ship ready to fight in PVP. I don't have a Talos so I don't know how this applies to me but ok.

A ships a ship.

We have day old newbees tackling carriers in rifters.

Rifter is a ship designed for combat , a Exhumer is a ship designed for mining. I still don't get how all this applies but thanks.

You should look for some real help, meaning a corp that offers pvp training or pvp for noobs (look for rvb for example).
Or you go and join faction warfare on your own and go and shoot some war targets. Once you get the hang of it you will be able to find fights you can even win.

I posted a fit right below, that has everything that you will need to get started. It's just an example, not necessarily a very good fit. It takes (without respeccing or implants) a little over 3 days to train, including fitting skills, racial frigate 3 and gunnery support skills to 3.

[Slasher, noobslasher]

3x 200mm Light 'Scout' Autocannon I (Republic Fleet EMP S)

Experimental 1MN Afterburner I
Small Ancillary Shield Booster (Cap Booster 25)
Initiated Harmonic Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator

Emergency Damage Control I
Gyrostabilizer I

2x Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

I am the Herald of all beings that are me.

James 420
EVE Corporation 98188875
#83 - 2013-06-22 20:37:11 UTC
Cannibal Kane wrote:
My BootCamp members that have no skills to fit techII items would like to proof you wrong.

They have killed more in their first two months than most so called PVP corps.

If it's high sec pvp against pve fitted carebears it's not relevant. Bear

Proud enforcer of 420 BLAZE IT

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#84 - 2013-06-22 20:55:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Mara Pahrdi
Adam Gamel wrote:
They aren't short short is one hour not weeks.

Anything that takes less than 11days of training from level 4 to level 5 with optimized attributes and with +4 attribute implants is short.

Remove standings and insurance.

Karig'Ano Keikira
Tax Cheaters
#85 - 2013-06-22 21:12:05 UTC
Well... keep several things in mind when it comes to EVE pvp:
- EVE pvp can mean many different things:
Most people start by flying in groups, most people continue to PvP in groups as well and with groups in EVE basically as long as you can fly something, you will be of some use - if people ask you for maxed skills to join their fleet, they are jerks, just move on, you don't want to have anything with them anyway; basically if you can fly anything you are asset to most fleets (exceptions being stealth fleets and some strange stuff)
If you want to go into solo pvp, think a bit about what you want?
- You don't really need lot of skills to gank miners in high sec
- or to float cloaked in space and drop on top of someone (basically stealth bomber will do and it doesn't take that long to train to reasonable level and you definitely don't need at on level 5 - sure, it helps, but picking targets will decide on outcome of combat, not your torps doing 2% more damage)
- or to solo roam in (cheap) frig or destroyer in faction warfare space. Sure, you will die a lot, but face it - you will die a lot no matter your skills, and you will mostly die due to picking bad fight or being outnumbered (meaning picking bad fight). If you want more expensive stuff, you can always hop into faction frig or pirate faction frig, pick faction modules... even without maxxed skills; sure, tech 2 frigs are nice, but you won't be using them most of time and it is better idea to practice in t1 anyway; t2 modules are nice, but lot of your fit will be meta 3 and meta 4 anyway; do train for t2 weapons however, but until you do, meta4 + faction ammo does fine
- or hunt ratters / mission runners in whatever space - here hunt is all, you need half decent fit, lot of spare time and patience - if you manage to lock non-pvp ship down, it is usually as good as dead

what you won't be able to do without (lot of) training:
- fly battleship in battleship fleets: if mass scale fights are your thing, you might need to train one up; up to that, battlecruisers are fine and don't take that long to train (and no, you don't need them at V - you are in fleet to be bit more meat for the grinder anyway)
- fly capital: do you really want to fly one? :)
- consistently win 1v1 with 'elite pvpers': don't be bothered about this one, fair 1v1 in EVE is a myth: most people fly in groups, those who don't will use whatever they can to gain advantage, so if you really want to be competitive in mythical EVE solo fights, you will need skills, player skills, expensive stuff, 2+ alts (booster and cloaked alt/scanner/scout), more expensive stuff, enough cash to cover loss of all of that several times without being bothered and a LOT of spare time as even with all of listed, you will still want to avoid most of fights. Most important thing - your 'elite pvpers' won't enga
- probably some other stuff... :)

on to some typical myths:
- you want t2 weapons. It is more important for some weapon types, but you generally want it. Is it mandatory? nah, meta 4 will kill almost as good. So basically train it up when you have most of other skills you might want at IV
- you don't need navigation at V, or most of other skills at V either - train them if you want interceptor or whatever, don't bother otherwise. Sure, in perfect world pilot with all skills at 5 will beat one with all skills at 4 consistently. EVE is not perfect world, piloting errors will kill you more often the this difference in skills; foe's friends jumping on top of you will kill you even more often; fitting not optimal for situation will kill you just as often as your foe's friends... when you get enough player skills to get over these, you will have all your skills at V anyway
- fitting can be *****, agreed on that one; it is reason why most people fit meta modules (except for guns) - solves the issue
- most EVE players don't have skills maxed - contrary to popular belief, most characters are not 5+ years old. Also many people tend to fly stuff they are not fully skilled for (for various reasons - for example my frig skills are << my tengu skills; do you see me in tengu in faction warfare zones? nah, not really)
Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2013-06-23 00:49:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarra Mandalin
James 420 wrote:
[

Except you are wrong, I'll take fw as an example :
- You need support skills (navigation, cap, shield, etc) not only your racial frig skill and weapon skill at 4
- Implant sets make a pretty big difference
- Off grid boosters too obviously
That's a shitload of skills to train for a new player, your example is realllllllllllllllllly specific (fighting an indy char is pretty rare), most people in fw have optimal skills.
So a new character can't solo pvp even in frigs for like 2-3 months, do you find this normal ?

Do I find 2-3 mos. normal?

I'll put it this way. I've known guys who can FC a small gang in lo-sec and null within 3 mos (even outside RvB). Is it common? No, because many people aren't the FC-type or don't push themselves to learn. Are they great at it? Some are quite decent and will only get better with time.

Did they start (and often die) in T1 frigs? Yes, usually progressing first towards an AF, then cruiser and dying less often.

For another example: It takes a month or more to GRIND your character in SWTOR and even then you're at the bottom of the barrel and the PvP is mostly laughable.

Additionally, obtaining the necessary good end-game gear to PVE with takes longer. And, do I want an end game in 2 mos? No. That is one reason EVE is great. If you can do too much, too soon, it would ruin the game.

How about single-player games.? I don't know about you or what you play, but it took me 2-3 months to be competent at certain strategy games and the learning process is continual.

No, I am not paying a monthly sub for such --but then I'm not receiving the other benefits of an MMO.

I'm not unsympathetic; training is a bit lengthy. I know as I've trained several characters. But if you're having a good time and learning, that is what matters. I've never been bored in EVE. If someone is chronically or frequently bored, s/he is usually either not taking advantage of what the game has to offer or it is not for them. (or it's time for a break or to move on).

P.S. I'm sure some people use RvB just for its solo opportunities as there are several and this includes low-skilled players. One guy just hit 9K kills today -- I'm going to look him up. I'm guessing he didn't sit around for long bemoaning training times. Active people rarely do.
Sergeant Acht Scultz
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#87 - 2013-06-23 01:13:35 UTC
Adam Gamel wrote:
I want to PVP but in order to even have a chance I need to have T2 Weapons and even then I need the CPU and power gird to equip them in a way where I could actually do something which takes so much time months, its a frigate why do I need to wait that long just to dive into the meat of the game and actually have a chance?

[Atron, Waaa no skills]

Internal Force Field Array I
Local Hull Conversion Nanofiber Structure I
Local Hull Conversion Overdrive Injector I

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Limited 1MN Afterburner I
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I

Modal Light Neutron Particle Accelerator I, Caldari Navy Uranium Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I

Tell me this is unusable for pvp or that it takes forever training for it and I'll tell you you're wrong. This is all you need to start doing pvp, you can even start without rigs.

Pvp starts already for very small things like point stuff, uncloak stuff, burn perches/escape points, scout gates/systems and before you are comfortable doing this the fit I just put there will be changed for a T2 one and a T2 frigate/rigs if you do it right.

Pvp is not all about big numbers on your screen and "waaaa 5416843153654163151 critical!!!" and you clearly underestimate what you can already do with a full T1 fitted ship and a 1 day old character

removed inappropriate ASCII art signature - CCP Eterne

Skill Training Online
Doomheim
#88 - 2013-06-23 01:14:47 UTC
I have no problem finding fights where people with millions more skill points than me blow me up in ships that cost more than my net worth.

Thank You Obama!

Kunming
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#89 - 2013-06-23 04:35:02 UTC
There is a downside to everything... The more SP you have the more expensive your clone becomes and after a time it becomes pointless to fly anything cheaper than that. Why risk your expensive skin in a cheaper hull that can get killed more easily?

The thing is, the skill system in EVE makes a compromise, yes the first few months will be challenging for new players, but in return, since you can only utilize a certain amount of your total SP while flying a ship, you will be on the same lvl with a much older player once you reach it. The older player will have more specializations ofc, but you can only fly one ship at a time besides let us cranky vets have some cookies as well..

Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#90 - 2013-06-23 06:06:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarra Mandalin
Kunming wrote:
There is a downside to everything... The more SP you have the more expensive your clone becomes and after a time it becomes pointless to fly anything cheaper than that. Why risk your expensive skin in a cheaper hull that can get killed more easily?

A lot of skilled pilots risk their clone in T1s and interceptors.

Also, there are few legitimate excuses for being podded, (once you learn the basics of how not to be) among those reasons is smartbombs. And seriously, if you can't afford to replace your clone now and then, you probably need to reevaluate either your PvP style or self-sufficiency or both.

And what does being a bitter vet have to do with this thread? Already the game is much easier to get into. If it gets much easier -- --I want to be in Talos in 2 weeks easy --- people would be crying over lost ships they couldn't afford in the first place, while learning next to nothing about how to PvP.

Oh and here's a cookie, I'm just cranky, not bitter. Blink
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#91 - 2013-06-23 06:19:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Vera Algaert
I tend to agree with OP - when I was in FW I could take almost any fight within my class confidently because I knew that I would be able to deal more damage, tank harder, overheat for longer than 95% of my opponents.

Yes, any fitting has weaknesses but it's not like I wouldn't attempt to fix these if I felt it was necessary - skirmish links against kiting setups, info links against ecm boats, falcon against larger ships or groups, ...

As a low SP player you have to rely on extremely gimmicky fittings which nobody in their right mind will ever engage and still hope that your enemy has poor skills. You'll spend hours looking for fights that you can win - whereas I can enter a fight I should lose and emerge victorious by virtue of Thermodynamics V and drugs.

Talon SilverHawk
Patria o Muerte
#92 - 2013-06-23 07:26:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Talon SilverHawk
This topic again, reading GD these days is like ground hog day ....

waaaa its not fair I should be able to do what others have put more time into and effort into doing waaaaa

Tal
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#93 - 2013-06-23 08:03:00 UTC
You can spend untold billions on a new character and still suck.

There's more to PVP than skillpoints.

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Raven Solaris
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2013-06-23 11:05:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Raven Solaris
Adam Gamel wrote:
How am I trying to run before I crawl?

I'm in a T1 Interceptor...

It's one of the first ships you are allowed to use in the game.

It has no tank... It's advantage is speed and maneuverability.

In order to avoid being webbed which reduces my speed, something I don't want, I have to fight out at range.

I have to stay fast so I have to use guns that can track well.

T1 AMMO doesn't allow you to fight with weapons like that at the range of 16km unless its crap ammo that does no damage and will never break someones tank if they have one.

My fit is going to be as follows.

T2 Focused Pulse Lasers x3

Warp Disruption
Tracking Disruption
Microwarp Drive

Damage Control 2
Velocity Mods x 2

Executioner, right?

I think I see the problem, you've been smitten with Scorch. I wondered why you were so obsessed with t2 ammo. Pulse lasers are traditionally the close range lasers, Scorch just lets them be a bit silly at range. Try using Beams while you can only use t1 lasers.

[Executioner, Newb kite]

Damage Control II
Overdrive Injector System II
Overdrive Injector System II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
J5 Prototype Warp Disruptor I
Balmer Series Tracking Disruptor I, Tracking Speed Disruption Script

Small Focused Modulated Energy Beam I, Imperial Navy Ultraviolet S
[Empty High slot]

[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]
[Empty Rig slot]

(If someone want to yell at me about this, do so, Amarr ships are ironically not my specialty.)

Decent dps at around the engagement window you wanted. It doesn't reach Scorch dps, but if you fit up a couple of these you should be able to learn how to use your fit while you train to specialize in it. You may even find you don't like it and want to do something else instead. Which will be fine because hey, it's not like you spent a week training t2 guns for it.

That's what everyone was trying to tell you, you don't need the t2 guns to go out and have fun actually playing the game.
Karsa Egivand
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#95 - 2013-06-23 11:33:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Karsa Egivand
Adam Gamel wrote:
They're short. The problem is that you're trying to push for far higher levels than you need as a new player. You've fallen in the “all to V” trap — one that leads you nowhere, and very fast. As a new player, you should be looking at getting the most bang for your buck, which generally entails training to III or (occasionally) IV.

They aren't short short is one hour not weeks.

I have not fallen in anything.

If you want to fly at max speed you need navigation 5

If you want to dodge and have as much agility as possible

You need

Spaceship Command 5
Evasive Maneuvering 5

If you want to take full advantage of your frigates bonuses and ever move to a T2 frigate you need

Frigate Skill Level 5

if you want to use your guns to the highest damage potential

You need

Gun Skill 5
Gun Skill Specialization 5

If you want to fire your guns as fast as possible

You need

Gunnery 5
Rapid Firing 5

If you want to get the most out of your Afterburner or Microwarp Drive

You need Acceleration control 5

If you want to handle over heating as best as possible

Thermodynamics 5

So I don't understand how you can say you don't need 5, I mean I get you might not need it to kill somebody but your against players that have been playing for 10 years some of them already have these skills 5 and if you want to compete against them you have to do the same.

Gee, I have been doing PvP (incl. solo) for years, and not one of my characters has all of these skills to lvl 5 (esp. the gun spec lvl5, which i almost always skip for some other new shiny skill).

You actually HAVE fallen into that lvl5-mentality-trap you so casually dismiss. People here have been very helpful and constructive (I am actually surprised how little trolling and flaming there has been), please try to have an open mind and listen to the voice of experience.

Only an elite pvp char (like, for the Alliance Tournament) would absolutely need to have skills like Thermodynamics, Spaceship Command or the Gun specialisation skill at lvl 5... that is bonkers.

Sure, it is nice to be able to overheat just a tad longer. And if you are OCD, you might welcome that additional 4%/2% of damage the later levels of the gun specialisation skills give you...

But we are talking effects of a few percentage points on one stat of your ships performance. It'll only be the deciding factor in one fight out of a hundred. Fights are lost in a myriad of ways, rarely is it balanced on a razors edge.

Where you are wrong is in insisting that you HAVE to have those skills at lvl 5. You don't. And many pilots before you haven't had them. Many pilots you'll be fighting WONT have them.

Oh sure, once in a blue moon you'll lose a fight that you might have won with better skills, but it won't be the deciding factor most of the time. Funnily, it is less of a deciding factor early on, because your real-life skills will be the deciding factor for your loss/win more often, because the swings will be greater. And when you do a lot of PvP, you'll improve much more by actual learing stuff, then by the progress of your SP and getting those lvl 4s/5s.

There are some ships where skills point matters more than others; I'd advise against drone-heavy setups until you have a decent grounding in drone skills, those are rather dependent on the SP invested (much more so than guns and missiles).

But i'd advise you to start pvp in T1 frigates and T1 cruisers and have fun. You neither need perfect skills (they all have some fitting room, much more so than T2 ships), nor should you wait for them (why wait?). After the recent T1 buffs, they are all quite competitive. T2 ships are usually more specialised and have much narrower set of conditions where they do well, more often than not, you should know what you are doing wtih them. T2 interceptors are a good example of a ship class that is not general purpose. (combat interceptors being better in a general role than fleet interceptors, yet still not a good choice for a beginner).

Spread around your SP until you have seen the various racial frigates (and destroyers) with the different T1 weapon systems. Fly them, lose them, get some kills. Then you'll be able to exclude some from your wishlist. Then do the same with T1 cruisers (minus some weapon/racial setups you start to dislike). Also specialise some in small T2 weapon systems you like. Only after you have a broad experience, start to truly specialize and chase skills like a specific gun specialisation beyond lvl 3.

The eve skill system is actually quite newbie friendly. Where other MMOs have skill trees, where that lvl 30 or 50 skill at the top can be a real boon... eve's skill system has diminishing returns. Going from lvl 1 to lvl 3 is just as big a boon as going from lvl 3 to 5, it is just way quicker. So usually you are (for a while) fine with training many skills only to lvl 3 or 4, only going deeper later on. Some lvl5 skills are a bigger deal, when they unlock further skills (the weapon spec kills being one example), but even those aren't necessary to get your feet wet - and very much on purpose have smaller bonuses. You only invest there when you intend to stay with that ship and weapon system for a while. You don't start training Medium Artillery Spec before you ever flew a cruiser/battlecruiser with the T1 versions and liked it... (not as a new character, at least).
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#96 - 2013-06-23 11:51:22 UTC
I support frigates being a 1x skill especially now that racial destroyer exists.
Jacob Holland
Weyland-Vulcan Industries
#97 - 2013-06-23 12:37:12 UTC
Adam Gamel wrote:
I have not fallen in anything.

If you want to fly at max speed you need navigation 5

If you want to dodge and have as much agility as possible

You need

Spaceship Command 5
Evasive Maneuvering 5

But you don't need to fly at max speed, you need to fly fast enough to make your fit work...
It is more than possible in fact, given that you're fitting an Executioner, to fly too fast - meaning that your guns don't track and you end up doing very little damage.

You don't need "as much agility as possible", you need enough agility to keep your orbit speed where you need it to be at the distance you need to be at.
Your executioner needs agility less than the close range, active tanked Atron you're trying to kill because he needs to outmanoeuvre you in order to do any damage at all.

Adam Gamel wrote:
If you want to take full advantage of your frigates bonuses and ever move to a T2 frigate you need

Frigate Skill Level 5

If you want to get full advantage then yes you would need the maximum available level of skill... and the maximum level of every related skill, and the right set of +6% and Pirate Implants, and a multilink command ship providing boosts - plus a couple of Titans in fleet also providing boosts (which is a heck of a long way to go to get the absolute maximum out of a T1 frigate...
But (most importantly) you need the experience in the ship which has allowed you to learn the skills you need as a player to fly it to the absolute edge of its envelope. In fact, once you have that experience and player skill, everything else is gravy.
The best way to acquire that experience, that player skill is to get out there, make hideous mistakes and learn from them - you will not acquire that vital experience by sitting in a station waiting for your skill queue to update.

Adam Gamel wrote:
if you want to use your guns to the highest damage potential

You need

Gun Skill 5
Gun Skill Specialization 5

If you want to fire your guns as fast as possible

You need

Gunnery 5
Rapid Firing 5

Given that you're in a tank-free, kite Executioner I'm surprised you're worried about these... A slow bleed setup like that tends to slowly whittle away at the target's defences while ensuring that they can do nothing at all about it...
(Although given the range on the Pulse, even with Scorch, it doesn't really work as you're far too close for comfort to overheated scram range).
You aren't trying to kill something before your tank fails, your only concern is keeping your transversal high enough to avoid the target's response.

Adam Gamel wrote:
If you want to get the most out of your Afterburner or Microwarp Drive

You need Acceleration control 5

But again, you don't need to get the maximum out of your MWD, you just need to get enough out of it to make your fit work, you aren't trying to charge across two hundred clicks of open space to try to get the tackle and the warp-in on the sniper fleet, you only need enough to catch your prey before they can warp out.
You might find yourself outrun by other kite set-ups but if they're running away then you've already won.

Adam Gamel wrote:
If you want to handle over heating as best as possible

Thermodynamics 5

Which is relatively viable in a T3...
But in most other ships you're only overheating for a short while anyway - you're cooking your MWD to get away from the fight you underestimated, you're cooking your disruptor for a cycle or two because your targets keep warping out just a moment before you can land it.
It's highly unlikely that you're going to want to cook your guns - and you're going to want to do it even less with T2 guns as they burn out faster anyway...
You're not going to need to overheat as a way of life - and you'll learn your target profiles more easily without overheating at all, for the odd incident where you need to turn something up to 11 Thermodynamics [1] is all you need and that's about an hour's worth of training.
Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#98 - 2013-06-23 14:11:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Amarra Mandalin
The short version of these fine post is that someone will always be be bigger and/or better than you in the game, and/or may bring more alts/friends/drugs/off-grid boosters etc.

When you get past this axiom and realize how many thousands of bad and mediocre PvPers there are, it's easy enough to see where it's not only possible, but likely, you'll win fights -- with the odds of success increasing the more experience and tactical knowledge you gain. And, of course, location/opportunity affects the odds.

If experience and killboards aren't convincing enough for you, check out some of the PVP characters for sale. Not only do the majority not have LV V skills -- other than to meet fitting/flying requirement -- and usually core skills. You'll find a fair amount of ill-trained characters that need major work -- characters that often people PvP (successfully or not) with.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#99 - 2013-06-23 14:23:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
Tchaikovsky Makarov wrote:
More crying about eve being a to long game?

Well... i DR;TL your post, make it shorter

It just doesn't make sense now. CCP not to long ago rebalanced the Cruisers into actually useful ships. If I had a dime for every Cruiers and "new" destoryer (damn you Talwar) roam that came through my space trying to kill me, i'd have......... a bunch of dimes.

The "barrier" to entry into pvp is at it's lowest point in the histroy of EVE. usuable cruiers, destroyers, frigates that now kick as like only the rifter used to, Faction warfare, RvB, eveuni , even freaking allainces like goons still take in noobs with rifters and such etc etc.

At yet these threads keep popping up. See that CCP? No matter how much you cater to certain types in the name of retaining new player, they will always want more. We like to believe that if we just lower barriers more people will play, and maybe some will, but most people won't enjoy anything harder than "push button, win prize".
Arduemont
Rotten Legion
#100 - 2013-06-23 14:37:54 UTC
Adam Gamel wrote:
Why?

I can make a new character and have him PvPing and killing people in less than 24 hours. Not only can I do this, but I already have. This is how my alt started his life. Before 24 hours were up I had killed 3 people and not lost any ships. Eventually I got cocky and died... twice. I did this to prove a point to someone saying exactly what you are saying.

People like you never get the hang of Eve, even after you have amazing skills and have been playing for years. Change your attitude. Don't spend all your time worrying about what you don't have, and start concentrating on using what you do have. Simple as that.

"In the age of information, ignorance is a choice." www.stateofwar.co.nf