These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Money, itself, is broken.

First post
Author
Short Stack122
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2013-06-22 01:37:03 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Money/Capitalism may be broken, but there is currently no better system. Just cause a system is ****, doesn't mean it's not the best one going. Until some genius finds a working alternative, saying it's broken is ultimately pointless.

Capitalism is equivalent to struggle. It is darwinism. But as it stands today it ignores the individual. It hates and destroys the individual.

incorrect, it exults the individual. it punishes the hive minded and rewards the person who thinks above themselves. but thats my opinion
Kiarra Steele
My Best Friend Is An Emu
Get Jiggy Wit It
#42 - 2013-06-22 01:57:43 UTC
Short Stack122 wrote:
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Arduemont wrote:
Money/Capitalism may be broken, but there is currently no better system. Just cause a system is ****, doesn't mean it's not the best one going. Until some genius finds a working alternative, saying it's broken is ultimately pointless.

Capitalism is equivalent to struggle. It is darwinism. But as it stands today it ignores the individual. It hates and destroys the individual.

incorrect, it exults the individual. it punishes the hive minded and rewards the person who thinks above themselves. but thats my opinion

Yes an important point. I think you have made a great distinction. Some ,select few, individuals gain from the labours of the whole. What you describe is capitalism.

But communism sets the individual free by empowering the whole.

Capitalism Sets one individual free whilst enslaving the majority.

Amarra Mandalin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#43 - 2013-06-22 02:04:33 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:
[

This made me laugh. Thank you.
Short Stack122
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2013-06-22 02:06:32 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Short Stack122 wrote:
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Arduemont wrote:

Yes an important point. I think you have made a great distinction. Some ,select few, individuals gain from the labours of the whole. What you describe is capitalism.

would, by your own logic, communism enslave ALL individuals to the whims of the majority?
Anubis Joringer
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2013-06-22 02:11:58 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Short Stack122 wrote:
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Arduemont wrote:

So a collectivist philosophy frees the individual, but an individualist philosophy enslaves the individual to a collective will? That makes about as much sense as your choice of forum to begin this rant.
Nexus Day
Lustrevik Trade and Travel Bureau
#46 - 2013-06-22 02:14:50 UTC
Money is frequently removed from circulation.

Exchange is always based on perception of worth. The 1 unit rarely has the same value as the other unit, they have the same perceived value.

I pray the OP has nothing to do with handling other peoples money.
Tumahub
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2013-06-22 02:17:13 UTC
I had no idea Paul Krugman played EVE.
Halcyon Ingenium
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#48 - 2013-06-22 02:18:43 UTC
Kiarra Steele is what happens when people anchor their identity in fashion.

By the way, since we're already talking, do you want to buy a rifter? I've got the cheapest rifters in Metropolis. If you can find a cheaper rifter, buy it!

Fenix Caderu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#49 - 2013-06-22 02:25:06 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:

What i propose, as a civilised conscious human being, is a system of survival that does not persecute humanity rather fathers or husbands it into a new age; untill one day we are ready to colonise the stars. Then we can be unleashed again to breed with inpunity.

Yay for "breeding with impunity"! lol. Have you seen thevenusproject.com? A lot of what you talk about sounds like things that are already being looked at. But like I said, concepts like these are bad for the powers that be and big business, and tend to disappear one way or another. Yeah money is broken, but it doesn't have to make sense if it was never meant to be fair in the first place..
Zircon Dasher
#50 - 2013-06-22 02:43:45 UTC
I did not know money was something that can be an "itself".

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Kiarra Steele
My Best Friend Is An Emu
Get Jiggy Wit It
#51 - 2013-06-22 02:54:36 UTC
Zircon Dasher wrote:
I did not know money was something that can be an "itself".

Then you are lost without a hope in oblivion.

Zircon Dasher
#52 - 2013-06-22 03:21:15 UTC
Kiarra Steele wrote:
Then you are lost without a hope in oblivion.

Wait.... how did YOU know I was playing elder scroll again??

If I repair your broken money will you stop peeping in my window?

Nerfing High-sec is never the answer. It is the question. The answer is 'YES'.

Fairren
HellrisCorp
#53 - 2013-06-22 03:51:07 UTC
This is one of the most incoherent threads I've ever seen.
Adunh Slavy
#54 - 2013-06-22 04:04:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Adunh Slavy
Fairren wrote:

The op is trolling and being completly bonkers on purpose.

P.S. there is a thread in F&I, about a guy that wants to play dress up barbies with a corpse, that you may find more interesting.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Ohishi
Apocalypse Reign
#55 - 2013-06-22 04:05:39 UTC
Grow food not lawns. Return to the local trade and stop supporting global organizations that pool money in the hands of the few. Stop government assistance to those who do not provide a service for the money they receive. Do not support organizations that use cheap/slave labor to build their products. Join a co-op, stop eating processed foods, don't support the Waltons.

Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought.

Tumahub
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2013-06-22 04:07:21 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Fairren wrote:

1942 made it a dead give-away.
Fairren
HellrisCorp
#57 - 2013-06-22 04:08:23 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Fairren wrote:

P.S. there is a thread in F&I, about a guy that wants to play dress up barbies with a corpse, that you may find more interesting.

That's more creepy than incoherent.
Kiarra Steele
My Best Friend Is An Emu
Get Jiggy Wit It
#58 - 2013-06-22 04:08:52 UTC
Adunh Slavy wrote:
Fairren wrote:

The OP is NOT trolling or bnkers. When You *paedophiles(Cash lovers/bankers etc)* stop grooming the young for your cash brothels(banks). The Vengance will sweep across the world and your scope for mercy will be slim.

Its not to late to pray for mercy.

Adunh Slavy
#59 - 2013-06-22 04:16:40 UTC

Kiarra Steele wrote:

The OP is NOT trolling or bnkers. When You *paedophiles(Cash lovers/bankers etc)* stop grooming the young for your cash brothels(banks). The Vengance will sweep across the world and your scope for mercy will be slim.

Its not to late to pray for mercy.

Ok well if you're not being a troll, then it is people like you, that think you know what is best for everyone else that are the problem. Currency in its current form came from the likes of you. Regulation that allows banks to get guaranteed support from governments came from the likes of you. Regulation that allows corporation to pollute other people's private property came from the likes of you.

So if you're not a troll, you're a danger to the world and hopefully will learn that you are misguided and the sooner your authoritarian ideas are neutered, the better.

Enjoy :)

*feeds troll popcorn*

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#60 - 2013-06-22 04:22:09 UTC
Quote:
5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

Quote:
22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Previous page123