These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Best Mission boat as in Speed

Author
Morrigan LeSante
Perkone
Caldari State
#41 - 2013-06-20 07:56:13 UTC
I use sentries on mine, they work well 199dps isn't to be sniffed at on small targets)

I tend to use them as mop up tools, for stuff that doesn't die in one hit or just give them their own thing to shoot. It's no different for me compared to the phoon (in principle) because the phoon I use is missile based too.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#42 - 2013-06-20 08:08:45 UTC
sentries on the cnr are great for finishing off ships that are in hull, but aren't worth another volley.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Gimme more Cynos
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#43 - 2013-06-20 10:02:23 UTC
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:

This... and add mwd cycles where you easily lose 50% of the volley when npc is decelerating. Its beyond me how people dont see it, its like they are all theorycrafting and havent actualy used said ships/weapons.

It's because it's the worst case scenario which happens maybe once per month in an Angel Extra. Defenders aren't a problem since 2 or 3 patches ago either. If you would fly a missile boat, you would have noticed.

Missiles do have their advantages - they never fight in falloff, they never lose damage to suboptimal damage types, and they never lose damage because you move your ship. ;)

Yeah, they have disadvantages, but the comparision isn't as bad as some people claim.
ExcalibursTemplar
CANZUK
#44 - 2013-06-20 12:18:16 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
ExcalibursTemplar wrote:
Sir Nuke wrote:
using missiles for missions is nice on paper with that theoretical DPS, but railguns will be able to kill a frigate every 4 secs and by the time your missiles get to the targets a turret ship would already have killed them.

jammers are annoying tho.

I really don't understand why people keep going on about frigates. In my CNR I'm killing battleships in around 2 to 4 volleys. Isn't that the most important thing considering everything else except for elite frigs instant pops in one volley ?

EDIT: Half a volley with a target paint for normal frigs.

Not at all. Its the total time to kill all the ships in the mission. Especially when volleys are 9 seconds apart compared to 3; plus travel time of the initial volley.

In most missions the majority of targets are at most 50k away. My missiles travel at roughly 10km a second so 5 seconds latter they're hitting the target. So there is delayed damage but i don't see the problem as it's well within the cycle time of my missile launchers. If the targets are much closer the damage feels like its nearly instant.

Just out of interest how many volleys does it take you to kill most battleships ?
Lugalzagezi666
#45 - 2013-06-20 12:58:00 UTC
Gimme more Cynos wrote:
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:

This... and add mwd cycles where you easily lose 50% of the volley when npc is decelerating. Its beyond me how people dont see it, its like they are all theorycrafting and havent actualy used said ships/weapons.

It's because it's the worst case scenario which happens maybe once per month in an Angel Extra. Defenders aren't a problem since 2 or 3 patches ago either. If you would fly a missile boat, you would have noticed.

Missiles do have their advantages - they never fight in falloff, they never lose damage to suboptimal damage types, and they never lose damage because you move your ship. ;)

Yeah, they have disadvantages, but the comparision isn't as bad as some people claim.

Yeah, sure, I dont fly golem at all, defenders do not exist and rats mwd once per month.Roll
Its almost like some people WANT TO BELIEVE they have bestest mission ship in the universe.Lol

Oh, and if you actually used missile boat you would notice, that 90% of the rats in angel extravaganza spawn outside their orbit range and they regularly use their mwds to get into that range (which is around 8k)... it is same for every mission that spawns npcs outside their orbit range, which is... ALOT.

Missiles have advantages and disadvantages and they are far from so good as some people claim.

Devil's Call
Social safety
#46 - 2013-06-20 16:18:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Devil's Call
Ladies and gentleman, I present you eve's fastest mission ship.
(It only costs 3.5 + 2.5bil implants! And requires nearly all the relevant skills at level 5)

Typhoon fleet issue

Low:
Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Signal Amplifier II
Mid
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Gist C-Type 100MN Microwarpdrive
Pithum A-Type Medium Shield Booster
Republic Fleet Target Painter
High
Cruise Missile Launcher II
1400mm Howitzer Artillery II
Rigs
Large Warhead Rigor Catalyst II
Large Warhead Flare Catalyst II

Drones:
-Garde/Bouncer II x5
-Hobgoblin II x5

Full HG Crystal set
Cruise Missile Implants

1575 DPS, Cap stable ish 465 dps omni tank (Lol)with MWD off. 9 Targets, 115km + target range. 1230 M/S to speed towards the gate after you shoot everything from a static position with sentries.

You're welcome.

Inb4 l00tpinata cryfest

Edit: If you can't clear a mission with this ship and./or don't have the ISK for it. Add in a second ship, replace the 1400's with Large Cap Transfers, and downgrade the tank to T2 and just perma run a large shield booster on both. :') I'm full of awesome ideas. *bows*
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#47 - 2013-06-20 22:54:01 UTC
Devil's Call wrote:
(It only costs 3.5 + 2.5bil implants! And requires nearly all the relevant skills at level 5)

Typhoon fleet issue

Low:
Signal Amplifier II
Mid
High
Rigs

Drones:
-Garde/Bouncer II x5
-Hobgoblin II x5

Full HG Crystal set
Cruise Missile Implants

1575 DPS, Cap stable ish 465 dps omni tank (Lol)with MWD off. 9 Targets, 115km + target range. 1230 M/S to speed towards the gate after you shoot everything from a static position with sentries.

You're welcome.

Inb4 l00tpinata cryfest

Edit: If you can't clear a mission with this ship and./or don't have the ISK for it. Add in a second ship, replace the 1400's with Large Cap Transfers, and downgrade the tank to T2 and just perma run a large shield booster on both. :') I'm full of awesome ideas. *bows*

Not faster than a Mach at killing angels, sorry.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Devil's Call
Social safety
#48 - 2013-06-20 23:46:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Devil's Call
Cipher Jones wrote:
Devil's Call wrote:

Typhoon fleet issue

Low:
Signal Amplifier II
Mid
High
Rigs

Drones:
-Garde/Bouncer II x5
-Hobgoblin II x5

Full HG Crystal set
Cruise Missile Implants

You're welcome.

Inb4 l00tpinata cryfest

Not faster than a Mach at killing angels, sorry.

Maybe not. Probably not faster than a Nightmare for Sansha either. Neither than a vindi for serpentis. It's pretty good all-round though.
Doed
Tyrfing Industries
#49 - 2013-06-21 03:53:12 UTC
Navy Domi or CNR for Gurista/Serp, Vindi sucks
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#50 - 2013-06-21 06:17:31 UTC
Having spent 4 billion trying several different ships from the new TFI to the CNR and even gave the Rattler a try, in the end they are all going back to the buyer’s market and my Mach is still the only ship I can imagine grinding in. 1400 mach with ungrouped guns kill 7 frigs every 15 seconds then a quick click to group button kills a BS every 30 seconds. Or for the close in encounters 800s FTW and everything dies so fast the explosions lag out my pair of NVIDIA cards as the screen turns white like the after-effect of a Thermonuclear explosion.

I have drones, they sit in the Drone bay probably drinking rum and discussing the State of the union as they never get to go outside.

With 1000 DPS arties and 1400 DPS autos, ranges from 4500m to 140km, a tank well over 800dps cool and over 1000dps hot, add to that speeds in excess of 2200m/s (heat when desperate) it is the most lethal cruiser in the game.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

ExcalibursTemplar
CANZUK
#51 - 2013-06-21 07:54:15 UTC
Devil's Call wrote:

Typhoon fleet issue

Low:
Signal Amplifier II
Mid
High
Rigs

Drones:
-Garde/Bouncer II x5
-Hobgoblin II x5

Full HG Crystal set
Cruise Missile Implants

You're welcome.

Inb4 l00tpinata cryfest

I'd stay well clear of Osmon with that fit as the local suicide gankers will be jizzing in their pants as they rush for their Torrnados.
Funky Lazers
Funk Freakers
#52 - 2013-06-21 17:06:37 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
Having spent 4 billion trying several different ships from the new TFI to the CNR and even gave the Rattler a try, in the end they are all going back to the buyer’s market and my Mach is still the only ship I can imagine grinding in. 1400 mach with ungrouped guns kill 7 frigs every 15 seconds then a quick click to group button kills a BS every 30 seconds. Or for the close in encounters 800s FTW and everything dies so fast the explosions lag out my pair of NVIDIA cards as the screen turns white like the after-effect of a Thermonuclear explosion.

I have drones, they sit in the Drone bay probably drinking rum and discussing the State of the union as they never get to go outside.

With 1000 DPS arties and 1400 DPS autos, ranges from 4500m to 140km, a tank well over 800dps cool and over 1000dps hot, add to that speeds in excess of 2200m/s (heat when desperate) it is the most lethal cruiser in the game.

You and I can have a lot of babies, because I think exactly just like you.

IMO it's just impossible to beat Mach in any fight.

I keep the record of time on every mission I do, some of the missions are done 30-40% faster compared to other ships like CNR, Typhoon or even Tengu.

Whatever.

Devil's Call
Social safety
#53 - 2013-06-21 20:51:02 UTC
Funky Lazers wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

You and I can have a lot of babies, because I think exactly just like you.

IMO it's just impossible to beat Mach in any fight.

I keep the record of time on every mission I do, some of the missions are done 30-40% faster compared to other ships like CNR, Typhoon or even Tengu.

Tell me how you get 1400 dps autos and range at all after this expansion? You're not using faction ammo I hope? :') :') :') If you mission for ISK anyway, le faction ammo will drain your wallet faster than you earn ISK.
Cipher Jones
#54 - 2013-06-21 21:03:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Cipher Jones
Quote:
Tell me how you get 1400 dps autos and range at all after this expansion? You're not using faction ammo I hope? :') :') :') If you mission for ISK anyway, le faction ammo will drain your wallet faster than you earn ISK.

Right. Last mission I ran netted 9kLP, 19M bounty, 20M in salvage, and 3M in rewards in 31 minutes, and used <3000 rounds of faction ammo. So like 1700 LP and 750k isk.

Yeah, it really drains your wallet.

FFS.

Anyway, the expansion bridged the gap between some fleet issues and pirate faction ships, and boosted one Pirate ship. Cant agree enough with the post from the beginning that basically said "use the pirate faction BS appropriate to the space you're in". That's the fastest way to clear missions, period.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Devil's Call
Social safety
#55 - 2013-06-21 21:13:53 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Quote:

Right. Last mission I ran netted 9kLP, 19M bounty, 20M in salvage, and 3M in rewards in 31 minutes, and used <3000 rounds of faction ammo. So like 1700 LP and 750k isk.

FFS.

Anyway, the expansion bridged the gap between some fleet issues and pirate faction ships, and boosted one Pirate ship. Cant agree enough with the post from the beginning that basically said "use the pirate faction BS appropriate to the space you're in". That's the fastest way to clear missions, period.

Not every mission is the same obviously, but autos on a mach with faction ammo is just not efficient ISK wise in my experience.
With artilery, it's a different story for obvious reasons.
Cipher Jones
#56 - 2013-06-21 21:24:28 UTC
Devil's Call wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Quote:

FFS.

Not every mission is the same obviously, but autos on a mach with faction ammo is just not efficient ISK wise in my experience.

You probably aren't running sentry II's then. I'm just an RCH (little bit) under 20 mil a tick.

Pop the triggers first instead of last so that everything you shoot except for the fist couple ships is in optimal.

If you're getting more than 20 million bounty ticks in a TFI or CNR I'd like to see that, because it would be amazing. Or RS.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Devil's Call
Social safety
#57 - 2013-06-21 21:29:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Devil's Call
Cipher Jones wrote:
Devil's Call wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Quote:

FFS.

You probably aren't running sentry II's then. I'm just an RCH (little bit) under 20 mil a tick.

Pop the triggers first instead of last so that everything you shoot except for the fist couple ships is in optimal.

If you're getting more than 20 million bounty ticks in a TFI or CNR I'd like to see that, because it would be amazing. Or RS.

Mye I've been getting around 15m ticks without sentries and T1 ammo in a mach, with good missions anyway. I've hit 20 as well, but that is an exception.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#58 - 2013-06-21 21:47:07 UTC
the only 20m tick I remember seeing was in wc with a faction spawn. I nearly had a 20m tick on dread pirate in my rattler, only I fit a mjd as I thought that would be a good idea for afking, turned out to be a bad idea, should have fit an ab or mwd, and I spent way too long slow boating.

triggers first is the only way to do angels extra, but for a bunch of other missions that would be way too much deepz incoming, and I really cba to pimp it any more.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Cipher Jones
#59 - 2013-06-21 21:54:44 UTC
What are you getting in your missile boats if you don't mind me asking?

I'm only getting 13 in my TFI but its because theres only one Sansha mission worth doing in Minmatar space.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Funky Lazers
Funk Freakers
#60 - 2013-06-21 22:08:52 UTC
Devil's Call wrote:

Tell me how you get 1400 dps autos and range at all after this expansion? You're not using faction ammo I hope? :') :') :')

My Mach has ~1300 DPS with faction ammo and no drones. I use Officer Cap. Power Relay so I can run cap stable Gist X-Type X-Large SB.
The price for faction ammo is almost the same as for T2 missiles and it's not that high.

As for range I have 3.8+59 and it's perfectly fine. I still 1-shot frigs at ~60-80km range.

The key to use faction ammo is you use it on missions with lots of BS.
For example I never use it on Mordus Headhunters and Infiltrated Outpost missions.

Whatever.