These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Need an ore compressor!

Author
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-06-20 16:50:05 UTC
I need someone to compress my 5K sharp crokite. I have the bp just need someone with a Rorqual and the skills. I am willing to pay 20mil for it and will take the ore to you if it's near a high sec system.
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#2 - 2013-06-20 16:58:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Victoria Sin
Mr Mattman wrote:
I need someone to compress my 5K sharp crokite. I have the bp just need someone with a Rorqual and the skills. I am willing to pay 20mil for it and will take the ore to you if it's near a high sec system.

Why don't you just get someone to refine it. I'll do it for free, just message me in-game. Won't be home from work until after 7 though.
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-06-20 17:17:05 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
Mr Mattman wrote:

Why don't you just get someone to refine it. I'll do it for free, just message me in-game. Won't be home from work until after 7 though.

I need it compressed not refined.
Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#4 - 2013-06-20 18:37:20 UTC
smells of a trap get a corpie to compress it for you no one with an IQ above monkey is gonna jump into a hostile system with a 3b isk ship to compress your ore

o/ thread
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-06-20 18:47:01 UTC
Cap James Tkirk wrote:
smells of a trap get a corpie to compress it for you no one with an IQ above monkey is gonna jump into a hostile system with a 3b isk ship to compress your ore

o/ thread

What would i gain from destroying a 3bil ship?
MicDeath Titan
No Mans Corp
#6 - 2013-06-20 19:17:11 UTC  |  Edited by: MicDeath Titan
a 3bill kill mail is what you gain, and the satisfaction you just blew up a ~120USD ship.
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#7 - 2013-06-20 19:47:03 UTC
This thread transcends Human understanding.
Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#8 - 2013-06-20 20:31:15 UTC
Madam Sin love the toon and wait so far only 1 non human with minimal understanding in this thread

its name begins with aaaaaaaaa and ends with pppppppppppp
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-06-20 20:33:27 UTC
The satisfaction of compressing the ore is much greater i think you'll find ;)
Cap James Tkirk
Capsuleer Outfitters
Bad Intention
#10 - 2013-06-20 21:18:15 UTC
did they have paint lined walls in your home as a child and the paint peeled and you had some with everymeal

no satisfaction in losing 3b because your too lazy to make a few jumps in an industrial

or get your fellow space monkeys in corp to compress for you

last option black frog it out

o/ thread
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2013-06-20 21:25:01 UTC
Cap James Tkirk wrote:
did they have paint lined walls in your home as a child and the paint peeled and you had some with everymeal

no satisfaction in losing 3b because your too lazy to make a few jumps in an industrial

or get your fellow space monkeys in corp to compress for you

last option black frog it out

o/ thread

If i knew where to find a Rorqual do you think i would be asking this question?
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#12 - 2013-06-20 22:25:02 UTC
Mr Mattman wrote:

All you are doing is spending 20mil compressing 20mil of minerals, and then when you try sell it, the sell order will fail to process, because that 4 block order is owned by a character with margin trading, but without sufficient money to back the order.

If you bought your ore for more than 20mil, then you've already been scammed.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#13 - 2013-06-20 22:34:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
I own a Rorqual. It is curently at a station in a lowsec border system (I only had two station systems in range with JDC 5). I am far too paranoid to do anything other than jump upon undock, as many JF die in that system. If I had a clone vat that too would be okay, as one can dock with it active.

My point being is that I doubt you are going to find anyone with a Rorqual in a system that is convenient for you, that is willing to help.
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2013-06-21 07:10:01 UTC
Tauranon wrote:
Mr Mattman wrote:

All you are doing is spending 20mil compressing 20mil of minerals, and then when you try sell it, the sell order will fail to process, because that 4 block order is owned by a character with margin trading, but without sufficient money to back the order.

If you bought your ore for more than 20mil, then you've already been scammed.

I don't even have all the crokite but what is margin trading
voetius
Grundrisse
#15 - 2013-06-21 08:36:38 UTC

Look up the Margin Trading Scam, they sometimes use compressed minerals or ice. You are supposed to search contracts or see the contract link in local that is conveniently there to tempt you.

Alternatively you already know about how the scam works and want to crash the buy orders to take the escrowed amount, if so you are not the first person to think about this and in one of the threads about this scam (in MD iirc) Akita T explained how to do this.

If you are in the latter group it would make sense to get a lot of the different minerals and ice compressed in advance (though you are probably going to have trouble sourcing them unless you live in null or a 0.1 system).
Grandma Squirel
#16 - 2013-06-21 14:05:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Grandma Squirel
The way the margin trading scam works:

1. Train margin trading to 4 or 5
2. Form a corp
3. Identify a product where you can cheaply buy out all for sale in the forge region, which is hard to acquire, and which most players are not going to have an intrinsic sense for its value. Very few players handle compressed ore, and so they wont know what it *should* be worth, its also rarely on market.
4. Place 30mil in your corp wallet division
5. Place a 4 unit buy order, minimum volume 4 units, at 25m per unit. At margin trading 5, it will take about 24m in isk from the wallet to cover the margin.
6. Empty the wallet division
7. Use another division, or your personal wallet, and place 4-6 1 unit sell orders for the product at 20m per unit.

The scam victim pays you 80m, thinking he will immediately turn around and sell to your buy order for 100m, instant 20m profit. But your buy order's wallet division can't cover the sale, so it fails. Your out the broker fees, you made 80mil, and the scam victim just payed 80mil for some worthless items.

There are many minor variations that make the scam less obvious, but it works basically the same. (Many people are now tipped off by a minimum quantity on the buy order, but it can be avoided in some versions)
Mr Mattman
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2013-06-21 15:03:28 UTC
Grandma Squirel wrote:
The way the margin trading scam works:

1. Train margin trading to 4 or 5
2. Form a corp
3. Identify a product where you can cheaply buy out all for sale in the forge region, which is hard to acquire, and which most players are not going to have an intrinsic sense for its value. Very few players handle compressed ore, and so they wont know what it *should* be worth, its also rarely on market.
4. Place 30mil in your corp wallet division
5. Place a 4 unit buy order, minimum volume 4 units, at 25m per unit. At margin trading 5, it will take about 24m in isk from the wallet to cover the margin.
6. Empty the wallet division
7. Use another division, or your personal wallet, and place 4-6 1 unit sell orders for the product at 20m per unit.

The scam victim pays you 80m, thinking he will immediately turn around and sell to your buy order for 100m, instant 20m profit. But your buy order's wallet division can't cover the sale, so it fails. Your out the broker fees, you made 80mil, and the scam victim just payed 80mil for some worthless items.

There are many minor variations that make the scam less obvious, but it works basically the same. (Many people are now tipped off by a minimum quantity on the buy order, but it can be avoided in some versions)

More scammers/methods to scam in eve than any other mmorpg i know, and eve is pay to play.
Boomhaur
#18 - 2013-06-22 10:55:49 UTC
Lets be blunt in other online games the GM/DEV's hold your hand and sing Kumbaya. In Eve were given free reign over the game as long as we keep it in game (and game mechanics). That is why you have more scamming going on in Eve than any other game out there.

Welcome to Eve. Everyone here is an Evil Sick Sadistic Bastard who is out to get you. Anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to scam you or use you.

NAIRA HOKULANI
Bordello of Bleu's
#19 - 2013-06-22 21:12:01 UTC
I can compress it for you, you need to get the ore to Rancer or Old Man Star. Once there, it will be compressed.Twisted
Oxide Ammar
#20 - 2013-06-23 11:01:43 UTC
Are pirates really went that desperate to ask services in forums to gank 3 bill ships ?

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

12Next page