These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Null sec BC All arounder.

Author
Xeris 7
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-06-20 17:17:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Xeris 7
I am always trying to simplify things and be more efficient. Having to move from hull to hull requirers a lot of brain shifting...lol. I know the tech 1 main stay for null sec PvP is pretty much battlecruisers and since you guys are a wealth of experience I want to ask your opinions on the best all around BC for use in Pve AND small gang PvP in null sec. Something I can belt rat, run lite complexes, hubs, and change the fitting for use in PvP from small one or two man gang to medium size gang.

I know Eve PvP is no simple process when it comes to ships but is there not one or two that lend themselves fairily well to the above? It would make the logistics of null sec resupply much easier on me. Thanks.

P.S. I'm in Gurista rat space.
Tinu Moorhsum
Random Events
#2 - 2013-06-20 17:32:35 UTC
Xeris 7 wrote:

I'm thinking Naga.

Xeris 7
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2013-06-20 17:45:47 UTC
Tinu Moorhsum wrote:
Xeris 7 wrote:

I'm thinking Naga.

What happens when the pith frigs get under your guns and scram you in a plex or in a belt. Hmmm...got to say no to Naga. Good for running Forsaken Hubs with blasters but PvP in a small quick gang that could encounter cepters and AFs routinely. No.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#4 - 2013-06-20 17:58:42 UTC
Do you want to use the same ship for PvP and PvE or two different ships of the same hull type? If it's the same ship, then rigs might cause a problem for you.
Xeris 7
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-06-20 18:04:34 UTC
Just the same hull type. I know the Drake use to be the go to but with the rebalancing and changes to the Drake I would like to see what people think now.
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#6 - 2013-06-20 18:09:00 UTC
Well if you want to run hubs and you're not interested in flying a Tier 3 BC, I guess the next best option would be a drone boat.
Xeris 7
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-06-20 18:33:18 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:
Well if you want to run hubs and you're not interested in flying a Tier 3 BC, I guess the next best option would be a drone boat.

Myrm is a very versitile BC. I have not used one before but from what I hear, inside scram range they are a tough nut to crack with "good enough" DPS. I do have 4/5 drone support skills and T2 racial drones including the heavies and sentrys. I use a Domi and T2 sentrys in high sec for L4s.