These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Stain survival and making isk

Author
L0NEWARRIOR
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#1 - 2013-06-18 17:38:19 UTC
So I found my way into stain through a wormhole, systems seemed quiet, dockable NPC stations and good rats in the belts, Seems to good to be true....

Anyway I am thinking about moving me and my alts down there to do some ratting exploration, sansha missions etc. Is it feasable to survive down there on your own and make some decent isk?

Or will the local pirates make it not worth my time? I know they cant really stop me as its NPC null sec and I can set clones instations.

What is the best way to make money in stain?

Do officer spwans still happen there?

Is planetery intereaction worth more than in low sec?

What exploration stuff id available to me? any really profitable plexes etc?

Are the sansha missions worth it? Whats the lp like, is it standing dependant? as I know there are no agent ratings anymore.

Im just looking for ideas really..... might even do some hunting myself.
ExcalibursTemplar
CANZUK
#2 - 2013-06-18 17:40:41 UTC
L0NEWARRIOR wrote:
So I found my way into stain through a wormhole, systems seemed quiet, dockable NPC stations and good rats in the belts, Seems to good to be true....

Anyway I am thinking about moving me and my alts down there to do some ratting exploration, sansha missions etc. Is it feasable to survive down there on your own and make some decent isk?

Or will the local pirates make it not worth my time? I know they cant really stop me as its NPC null sec and I can set clones instations.

What exploration stuff id available to me? any really profitable plexes etc?

Are the sansha missions worth it? Whats the lp like, is it standing dependant? as I know there are no agent ratings anymore.

Im just looking for ideas really..... might even do some hunting myself.

Good questions I've no idea about the answers but Stain is somewhere I've always wanted to live myself one day.
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2013-06-18 17:59:34 UTC
L0NEWARRIOR wrote:

They will most likely do their best to murder you, amount of effort they'll put into it goes up with the value of your ship. Expect gate & station camps.

L0NEWARRIOR wrote:

Missions and 7/10 to 10/10's (depending on which exist for sanshas). Relic complexes.

L0NEWARRIOR wrote:

Yes.

L0NEWARRIOR wrote:

Yes, though keep in kind you'll need to ship it out to empire to sell.

L0NEWARRIOR wrote:

Yes, excellent with good skills and no they're not, it depends on the mission itself and the security level of the system.

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

L0NEWARRIOR
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-06-18 18:24:21 UTC
Whats in the 7/10 to 10/10's?

And what do I need to do them, will a tengu handle it?

Also when probing how do you speed up scanning by excluding the lower quality sigs?
Cage Man
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#5 - 2013-06-19 01:52:20 UTC
They are DED plex's http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/DED_Complex_List A solo tengu could do the 7/10, but the 10/10's will need more.

PI is pretty good, its all going to depend on who owns the customs office. If its player based you won't be able to get your resources of, or the price could be high. Not sure if this affects the launching of PI into space, I always have launchpads.
Biggest problem may be logistics, but if you have 2 accounts and one flies a carrier or JF you should be OK.
As mentioned though, when found some players will go to great lengths to shoot you. just be aware of bubbles and station camping. Understanding their mechanics and uses will make life easier.
S Byerley
The Manhattan Engineer District
#6 - 2013-06-19 02:30:03 UTC  |  Edited by: S Byerley
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Relic complexes.

Can you elaborate? I can't find any information about the COSMOS/ect. relic complexes and I've never been lucky enough with wormholes to get a muscle ship in to play with them.

Edit: Also broken last I read: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=245106&find=unread
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2013-06-19 06:27:59 UTC
S Byerley wrote:
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Relic complexes.

Can you elaborate? I can't find any information about the COSMOS/ect. relic complexes and I've never been lucky enough with wormholes to get a muscle ship in to play with them.

Edit: Also broken last I read: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=245106&find=unread

Relic sites used to be magnetometric site pre-odyssey, and are sites which has containers that can be hacked used a Relic Analyzer, in much the same way data site can be hacked using a data analyzer.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

S Byerley
The Manhattan Engineer District
#8 - 2013-06-19 06:56:11 UTC  |  Edited by: S Byerley
dexington wrote:
S Byerley wrote:
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Relic complexes.

Relic sites used to be magnetometric site pre-odyssey, and are sites which has containers that can be hacked used a Relic Analyzer, in much the same way data site can be hacked using a data analyzer.

I assume he meant actual complexes like: http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Hidden_Ruins

I find it really neat that Eve can keep content enigmatic even ~3 years after release, but the more prudent side of me doesn't fancy getting an expensive pve ship out to null with little/no knowledge of the locals, complex, risk:reward, or even whether the content is broken atm. I suppose there's no real incentive for anyone to save me the trial and error, but a guy can dream.
Stingray187
Doomheim
#9 - 2013-06-19 07:59:34 UTC
@L0NEWARRIOR

In which System you are in?

Maybe we can do missions together? Cool
Q 5
999 HOLDINGS LLC
#10 - 2013-06-19 11:57:06 UTC
Best advice I can give you, learn who lives there, get friendly, join their corp.

They will see you as a neutral thus a threat and will do everything they can to kill you, they will spend countless hours setting traps for you, camping stations, chasing you at every turn....think I'm kidding, I'm not.

And that's not to mention the roaming gangs of pirates / PVP'ers looking for ratters and the solo guy who's solo until they warp scramble you.

Everything is out to get you including that new friend who wants to "rat" with you.

Learn local inhabitants get friendly, join, cause it sounds like you will need to learn the ropes of null....that awful awful place.Bear
dexington
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2013-06-19 13:50:25 UTC
S Byerley wrote:
I find it really neat that Eve can keep content enigmatic even ~3 years after release, but the more prudent side of me doesn't fancy getting an expensive pve ship out to null with little/no knowledge of the locals, complex, risk:reward, or even whether the content is broken atm. I suppose there's no real incentive for anyone to save me the trial and error, but a guy can dream.

I moved to stain a week ago, and i term of risk reward i have made around 2B, and lost around 500M.

Don't bring expensive ships, a couple of covert ops, battlecruiser and T1 battleships is really all you need.

Black Frog will fly Jita > Stain for around 175M with 320K m3 cargo space, the economy starter package including shipping will be around 1B, unless all you want to do i hacking site, in which case it's a lot cheaper.

I'm a relatively respectable citizen. Multiple felon perhaps, but certainly not dangerous.

L0NEWARRIOR
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#12 - 2013-06-20 12:21:19 UTC
Q 5 wrote:
Best advice I can give you, learn who lives there, get friendly, join their corp.

They will see you as a neutral thus a threat and will do everything they can to kill you, they will spend countless hours setting traps for you, camping stations, chasing you at every turn....think I'm kidding, I'm not.

And that's not to mention the roaming gangs of pirates / PVP'ers looking for ratters and the solo guy who's solo until they warp scramble you.

Everything is out to get you including that new friend who wants to "rat" with you.

Learn local inhabitants get friendly, join, cause it sounds like you will need to learn the ropes of null....that awful awful place.Bear

Yeah Iv been scoping the local area out, where I am, seems empty only seen 4 or 5 lone guys down here in cov-op frigs passing through, most of which were more scared of me than I was them lol There is however a corp living 5 or 6 jumps away and a few pos''s around. Basically Ill only join if I have no choice,

I am no noob to eve I have lived in nullsec before a couple of times and was even in the mav navy for while but I got bored since nullsec pvp is not as a much fun as FW or low-sec piracy. I have basically spent most of my time in eve hunting and killing other players... its plexing and stuff that is new to me, I have trained an alt and it is my alt that is in null.

What sort of things can you get out of the plexes and hacking/relic sites? Anything interesting such as ship BP's?

I have also been experimenting with a tengu set-up seems I can make an extremely slipper set-up with cov-ops clock and bubble runner, ecm etc but have no dps.

Anybody got a fit that will handle missions and mide lev plexes yet let me bust through gate camps/bubble etc? I realise a serious gate camp will more than likley get me but there's not much of that around where I am.
fairimear
Event Hor1zon
#13 - 2013-06-20 13:16:03 UTC  |  Edited by: fairimear
survival in stain comes down to 1 thing. do you speak russian?
If you do. congrats your chance of survival is 90% higher

dnt expect to make much from exploration sites, as there are just people in nulli t3 going site to site cherry picking.