These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

My EVE

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

[Commented Videos, Blog] Curses! I'm in my Pod...

Author
Xasz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#21 - 2013-06-18 04:25:11 UTC
Gotta say I passed this over the first time as just a blog, but when I took a few minutes to check it out you have some really solid content! Great commentary and excellent tutorials for newer people (and older people alike!)
Willie Horton
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2013-06-18 22:09:46 UTC
Great stuff for new players that plan to get in PVP.

Keep it up Pleniers .
Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#23 - 2013-06-25 18:22:19 UTC
Thanks for the replies! Will try to keep up!

New episode out, though it took me 3 days to decide if I would post it or not, because is somewhat weird XD.
Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#24 - 2013-07-18 12:02:31 UTC
New Episode, this time dedicated to the Talos. I tried not to make it all about the Standard Shield Talos though...
Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#25 - 2013-07-18 20:35:03 UTC
Ok, Video now is properly rendered. Sorry about the derp...
Aldap
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2013-07-19 00:20:57 UTC
Great episode. Really enjoyed it!
Keep 'em coming if you can :-)

An interesting article about Solo PvP: http://themittani.com/features/new-eden-solo

Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#27 - 2013-08-23 21:29:44 UTC
Updated 23th August. Fully dedicated to the Harpy!
Ruby Pyrenne
Doomheim
#28 - 2013-08-25 00:43:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Ruby Pyrenne
I really enjoyed your video's.

As a new player and someone who will join the ranks of a nullsec corporation on short notice, I found this really nice and informative watch.
Please do release more, I'm eager to learn as much as I can before I dive into the deep!

I have one question though.

The green little edges above modules, that's overloading or heating right?
Why, may I ask, do you overheat your tackle gear?
After being a bit nosey on how overloading works I realise it adds a % of range to your warp scramblers or disruptors, but in the beginning of the first linked video your targets often are within standard range (or it looks that way to me at least?)

Am I missing something?

EDIT: I assume you do that as a precaution, they may try to get distance on you and keep them where you want.

http://rubypyrenne.wordpress.com/ part III posted @ 12 sept 2013

Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#29 - 2013-08-26 17:42:37 UTC
Ruby Pyrenne wrote:
I really enjoyed your video's.

As a new player and someone who will join the ranks of a nullsec corporation on short notice, I found this really nice and informative watch.
Please do release more, I'm eager to learn as much as I can before I dive into the deep!

I have one question though.

The green little edges above modules, that's overloading or heating right?
Why, may I ask, do you overheat your tackle gear?
After being a bit nosey on how overloading works I realise it adds a % of range to your warp scramblers or disruptors, but in the beginning of the first linked video your targets often are within standard range (or it looks that way to me at least?)

Am I missing something?

EDIT: I assume you do that as a precaution, they may try to get distance on you and keep them where you want.

Going 0.0 sec is great, and I hope you fight in order to not become a "ship" spinner in station! Always things out there to kill, no matter the ship you choose do undock in, and no matter if people tell you that "you'll just die to a blob".

As for the Green Edge above the button, yes, it's the overload marker. The heating is the red bar filling around the modules.

Concerning the overload, you saw correct, and your "edit" assumption is also correct! Here's some general pointers for a fight, specially in brawling frigs:
1 - Always overload all your mods from start. Fights are so fast in frigs (sometimes less than 15 seconds) that you'll die before the mods burn.
2 - Keep an eye on your MWD overload. That mod burns really fast!
3 - Don't agress before you get a Scram on your target. If it flies away, just burn back to gate or run oposite direction. Don't get kitted. Also having your MWD and Scram overloaded from start helps a lot (see rule n.º 1).

Ruby Pyrenne
Doomheim
#30 - 2013-08-26 21:51:25 UTC
I just had my first small gang roam tonight!

Was making sure to remember all the things I picked up, but alas, we had our targets turning around and leave before we met face to face - shame really!

Thanks for your explanation Pleniers and do keep making your video's, I both enjoy them and find them informative so keep it up!

Draciste
Everyone vs Everything
#31 - 2013-08-30 21:16:39 UTC
Aldap wrote:
Brilliant videos. Can become true gems of wisdom for the right pilots who are looking to get into this kind of action. You explain really well, with humor and good spirit! Love the editing.
Good fights! Nice kills.
These should definitely get some more views, try to write about this to the Eve news sites maybe they'll write a couple lines about you, many pilots can benefit from your efforts.
Keep it going as long as you're having fun.

+1
Frank Pannon
Emerald Swine Escavations
#32 - 2013-08-31 16:56:57 UTC
Enjoying your videos a lot, and learning from your commentary/explanations.

+1 subscriber
IIFraII
The Red Circle Inc.
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork
#33 - 2013-09-01 15:10:31 UTC
Glad i gave this one a shot

Armor talos is pure gold LolLolLol

Keep them coming mate.
BBQ FTW
The Hatchery
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#34 - 2013-09-03 07:03:57 UTC
Nice stuff, I enjoyed the harpy footage.
Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#35 - 2013-09-04 19:52:30 UTC
IIFraII wrote:
Glad i gave this one a shot

Armor talos is pure gold LolLolLol

Keep them coming mate.

I use the armor Talos waaaaaaaaaaay too little. I need to take that bugger out of the hangar more, but it's close range tracking is still a pain, even with dual webs Cry Lot's of armor stuff around though. REAL MAN GO SCRAM RANGE Big smile

Funny jokes apart, new episode is up, brought to you by a corp mate of mine. Updated on main post.
Ruby Pyrenne
Doomheim
#36 - 2013-09-06 23:40:55 UTC
Yay, more Pleniers!

Hearts

Pleniers
Appetite 4 Destruction
#37 - 2013-09-10 19:40:23 UTC
New episode linked in 1st post.

\o
dethleffs