These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rolling the 14 day Trial into a buddy invite?

Author
Pain Spike
Doomheim
#1 - 2013-06-17 23:42:46 UTC
Ok so I am rather new to Eve and the Eve forums, I am sure this question has been asked before but after doing a couple of searches (perhaps on the wrong forums ?) I came up with nothing.

I'll try to keep this short with out all the backstory but is there way to sign up for the Buddy Program and keep this toon I created on the 14 day trial? Please keep in mind as far as I am aware they are two different things.

I'm torn between not wanting to start over and reward the person who helped me out through the referral program because without their assistance I would of given up already.

Thank you,
Spike

Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#2 - 2013-06-17 23:45:35 UTC
No, you cannot extend a a trial account with another trial offer.

What you CAN do however is make the new account, subscribe both and then transfer if you REALLY wanna keep that character, but then you have to pay for 3 months there (sub on the both and a transfer fee ($20 iirc)).

The Drake is a Lie

c4binfever
The Junk Committee
#3 - 2013-06-17 23:47:36 UTC
As Xercodo said the best thing to do is simply make a new account. AFAIK you can register more than one account to the same e-mail so no need to do anything other than think of a new name :)

<--dotbot

Pain Spike
Doomheim
#4 - 2013-06-17 23:57:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Pain Spike
Thank you Xercodo, I wasn't wanting the extra free time. I'm pretty much sold on the game and I'm sitting on the Upgrade page as we speak :) Although it doesn't sound like the cheapest solution to sign up for multiple accounts and transfer this toon at least that is an option if I wish to avoid starting over.

Upon Further review, I guess I could just buy the dude a Plex for helping me out since a xfer costs about the same anyways huh ? I hate to be a burden on the community but I can't seem to access the Transfer Service page to see how much that costs. Can someone take a peak for me and post what they find ?

Would greatly appreciate it,
Spike
Forest Archer
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5 - 2013-06-18 03:42:47 UTC
Transfer costs 2 plexes if I remember correctly.

Always willing to help all you have to do is ask, though if you're in the other fleet I may not help the way you want. Just a heads up. Pub Channel: Lost Souls Trading Post

Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#6 - 2013-06-18 04:06:54 UTC
Make sure you talk to your Buddy Inviter about the situation too.
Tixam Quri
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2013-06-18 12:05:42 UTC
Pain Spike wrote:
Thank you Xercodo, I wasn't wanting the extra free time. I'm pretty much sold on the game and I'm sitting on the Upgrade page as we speak :) Although it doesn't sound like the cheapest solution to sign up for multiple accounts and transfer this toon at least that is an option if I wish to avoid starting over.

Upon Further review, I guess I could just buy the dude a Plex for helping me out since a xfer costs about the same anyways huh ? I hate to be a burden on the community but I can't seem to access the Transfer Service page to see how much that costs. Can someone take a peak for me and post what they find ?

Would greatly appreciate it,
Spike

Plex is least expensive in 3 packs

Jafit McJafitson- "try scamming people. it's like PvP, but with words. Their greed is your warp scrambler, your lies are your autocannons."