These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

1 year in

Author
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-06-17 15:04:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Praxis Ginimic
Today marks 1 year playing EVE!

To date I have trained all the things to 3 and the ones I like higher.

I spent time in RvB. I've also participated in non-mutual high sec war decs, even got caught up in dec-shield. I did the FW thing.
I've lived in 0.0 and some worm holes. I'm currently living in low sec.

I've tried missions, station trading, cross regional trading, 0.0 ratting in a frigate, was invited to a t1-cruiser incursion fleet (but had already tanked my sec status), exploration and regrettably even tried mining once.

I've flipped cans, bumped miners, scammed, been scammed, offered ransoms (haven't gotten one yet), refused ransoms (by opening fire), got melted by a proteus and solo'd a gnosis in a vexor.

I want to sincerely thank you all for the great fun that we have had together and apologize to all the noobs that I've blown up.
I'm looking forward to the next year. I think this means that I'm officially no longer a noob myself...uh...still feel like one

This coming year will see that cruiser incursion fleet, a venture/noob ship roam for lulz and maybe a safari or two.

See you in the space lanes capsuleers! I especially hope to see you in the belts Twisted

Update: just got my first ransom 1yr and 1 day! Easiest 40mil I ever made
bbb2020
Carebears with Attitude
#2 - 2013-06-17 15:33:21 UTC
Congratulations to you. Glad to see someone here in GD having fun playing the game. We don't see many of those.

Do not try to do anything too fast or you risk burning out.
We have many a bitter vet who are bitter vets, because they have tried everything in the game already.
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2013-06-17 15:39:19 UTC
bbb2020 wrote:
Congratulations to you. Glad to see someone here in GD having fun playing the game. We don't see many of those.

We have many a bitter vet who are bitter vets, because they have tried everything in the game already.

I think you're just afraid of running into my roaming lolwut!? gang of ibis and badgers.

"Oh god there's 20 of them. Get the smart bombs ready. Wait did that velator just light a cyno?"
Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#4 - 2013-06-17 15:45:19 UTC
Praxis Ginimic wrote:
bbb2020 wrote:

I think you're just afraid of running into my roaming lolwut!? gang of ibis and badgers.

"Oh god there's 20 of them. Get the smart bombs ready. Wait did that velator just light a cyno?"

Nah, I think he just wanted to tell you that the next year will be the best year you will ever have in Eve and that you should take it slow and enjoy every single moment of it.

Year two is the year where you are no longer a noob, but not yet too bitter to log in anymore. Blink

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2013-06-17 15:54:01 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
Nah, I think he just wanted to tell you that the next year will be the best year you will ever have in Eve and that you should take it slow and enjoy every single moment of it.

Year two is the year where you are no longer a noob, but not yet too bitter to log in anymore. Blink

Year two was pretty sucky for me. Year three is looking up.

Dodixie > Hek

Dark Assassin15
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2013-06-17 18:12:00 UTC
Posting in a CCP Alt thread...Lol

[img]http://www.invokemethod.com/repo/failedsig.png[/img]

Kult Altol
The Safe Space
#7 - 2013-06-17 18:39:49 UTC
Been playing almost 2 years, longest game I ever played.

[u]Can't wait untill when Eve online is Freemium.[/u] WiS only 10$, SP booster for one month 15$, DPS Boost 2$, EHP Boost 2$ Real money trading hub! Cosmeitic ship skins 15$ --> If you don't [u]pay **[/u]for a product, you ARE the [u]**product[/u].

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#8 - 2013-06-17 18:40:34 UTC
So you're not quitting?

Cool, would you like someone else's stuff?

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2013-06-17 19:01:37 UTC
War Kitten wrote:
So you're not quitting?

Cool, would you like someone else's stuff?

Nope. Not quitting. Can I has yours? Even better, since Kil2 won't be needing it anymore can I has his? (Not ur kill board though, mine is bad enough as it is)
Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2013-06-17 19:03:28 UTC
Dark Assassin15 wrote:
Posting in a CCP Alt thread...Lol

I almost fell off the toilet laughing just then... try to get rid of that image GD