These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New - Idea - Please read

First post
Author
RichManTcK
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2013-06-15 15:25:00 UTC
it takes 4 days to learn lvl 5 drones. WOW ... come on. The Game Master / owner who developed this game is smart to make a game like this, that's for sure, but please tell him that this game is so huge, that there are hundreds of books to level up and lvl 5 book takes 4 days... so hundreds times 4 days, OMG.. come on. lets draw it down a few days or give us a data chip to inject skill to learn 25% - 50% faster learning/reading. Come on. please. wow 4 days x's 100's of books to learn different things. wow
Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2013-06-15 15:42:56 UTC
You're going to love Amarr titan 5
Korvus Falek
Depraved Corruption
#3 - 2013-06-15 16:32:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Korvus Falek
RichManTcK wrote:
it takes 4 days to learn lvl 5 drones. WOW ... come on. The Game Master / owner who developed this game is smart to make a game like this, that's for sure, but please tell him that this game is so huge, that there are hundreds of books to level up and lvl 5 book takes 4 days... so hundreds times 4 days, OMG.. come on. lets draw it down a few days or give us a data chip to inject skill to learn 25% - 50% faster learning/reading. Come on. please. wow 4 days x's 100's of books to learn different things. wow

Jump Drive Calibration 5. 30-ish days. And guess what? Thats not including the pre-reqs need to even inject the skill book and its not the only one; many, many more. So no, dont be encouraging SP boost training things like DUST has. GTFO immediately.

Its not about skilling up, its the journey getting to where you want to go that matters. So go back to wow where you can have "The End" in less than 48 hours.
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#4 - 2013-06-15 16:38:35 UTC
RichManTcK wrote:
WOW ... come. The Game Master is so huge, 4 days... so hundreds times 4 days, OMG.. come. drown a few days inject 50% faster. Come please. wow 4 days. wow

I have edited out some of your post. I did not add anything or change any sequence of the wording or letters.
It is a work in progress and I may re-edit later.

It was the only constructive thing I could do.
Ireland VonVicious
Vicious Trading Company
#5 - 2013-06-15 17:23:17 UTC
RichManTcK wrote:

The rest of us did it but don't worry you're special.

They are going to let people train faster now that you have joined.

No one will care that half the time spent before just got thrown in the trash.
Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#6 - 2013-06-15 19:42:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Zhilia Mann
RavenPaine wrote:
RichManTcK wrote:
WOW ... come. The Game Master is so huge, 4 days... so hundreds times 4 days, OMG.. come. drown a few days inject 50% faster. Come please. wow 4 days. wow

I have edited out some of your post. I did not add anything or change any sequence of the wording or letters.

I love you. Seriously.

Edit: OP, please see any recent post by Digital Wanderer. Or this entire thread. And then stop thinking you're some special snowflake. This idea is not new, it wasn't new five years ago, and it's just as stupid now as it was then.
Mashie Saldana
V0LTA
WE FORM V0LTA
#7 - 2013-06-16 13:18:37 UTC
Decent troll 3/10.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#8 - 2013-06-16 15:12:57 UTC
RichManTcK wrote:

So where's this "new" idea? All I see is a guy complaining that he should be allowed to train skills faster.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Hibibu
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#9 - 2013-06-17 01:52:31 UTC
RichManTcK wrote:

How about this version?:
The Game Master who developed this game is huge. I like it that way that's for sure. I want him to draw it out a few times and inject 50% faster. Come on. Please. OMG..Wow.
AngerTurtle
T'Kuvma Retirement Office
#10 - 2013-06-17 18:18:55 UTC
Simple, i know some new pilots and they are new to eve and yes its take a bit time ^^ but you must know what you want!
what you want to fly to use to do in eve online, there are still pilots over 4 years dieing to players thats maby focus trained to that kind of ship,

if you dint like this go to another game :D where you have to grind hours and hours to get a bit stronger ;)

Anger out 07
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#11 - 2013-06-18 03:24:43 UTC
Aren't you lucky that they took out the learning Skills and gave you basically them all at 5, Oh and for stuff to plug in, go and look at the Attribute Implants, They require the cybernetics skill, and if you plug them in then you can learn things faster :)
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#12 - 2013-06-21 22:00:34 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
RichManTcK wrote:

have a thumb, good sir.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Hyku P'tiboo
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#13 - 2013-06-24 10:15:50 UTC
Be prepared to be disappointed then, if I recall correctly it takes somewhere around 20 years to learn all skills to V
Nerath Naaris
Pink Winged Unicorns for Peace Love and Anarchy
#14 - 2013-06-24 21:34:56 UTC
Go to the Character Bazaar subforum.
Select one that suits your needs.
Buy it.
Skill training done already.

Je suis Paris // Köln // Brüssel // Orlando // Nice // Würzburg, München, Ansbach // Saint-Étienne-du-Rouvray

Je suis Berlin // Fort Lauderdale // London // St. Petersburg // Stockholm

Je suis [?]

Auduin Samson
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2013-06-25 05:56:27 UTC
Hyku P'tiboo wrote:
Be prepared to be disappointed then, if I recall correctly it takes somewhere around 20 years to learn all skills to V

And that number just goes up with every expansion.